Masterclass: Social Media Marketing
We have created our Masterclass series for senior-level marketers looking to take a deep-dive into a specialised topic, to enable them to make insightful decisions and better choices for their business. The series is focused on helping you develop competencies specific to the knowledge, skills and mindset required of senior marketing leaders.
Date: Thursday 1st February 2018
Time: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Location: Westbury Hotel, Grafton Street, Dublin 2
Member Rate: €520 - Non-Member Rate: €750
Ensure you are equipped to meet the marketing challenges and opportunities posed by the rise of social media at this focused, high level one-day course - designed to provide senior marketing directors with the latest ideas and tools to adopt a more strategic approach to social media marketing, governance and leadership. Learn how your business can harness the opportunities for business intelligence, increased stakeholder engagement, smarter campaigning and enhanced customer loyalty, while navigating the reputational and operational risks.
- Examine key trends in social media and the implications for the structure and activities of your marketing function.
Review the latest commercial and brand management models that are being deployed by organisations that are thriving in this new world.
- Analyse a variety of planning techniques and tools that will help you adopt a more strategic approach to the use of social media.
- Gain access to up-to-date case studies from a wide range of industry sectors, illustrating how leading organisations are responding to the challenges and opportunities posed by social media.
- Debate the issues and implications with your senior marketing peers.
Attending this course will enable you to:
Adopt a more professional and strategic approach to your use of social media as a marketing tool.
- Achieve better results and generate more value from your social media investments.
- Harness social intelligence to inform your marketing planning.
- Satisfy the evolving needs of your stakeholders.
- Enhance customer loyalty.
- Deliver more effective campaigns.
- Build stronger and more valuable networks.
- Protect the reputations of your brand, business and employees.
- Enhance your social media literacy.
1. Cutting through the hype - Understanding the real role of social media as a marketing tool.
2. Creating an effective social media management system.
3. Harnessing the power of social listening to provide customer insights and identify breakthrough marketing opportunities.
4. Planning and delivering more effective social media campaigns.
5. Avoiding and managing social media risks.
6. Building your personal social media brand as the marketing leader, and leveraging it to benefit your business.
7. Reviewing the lessons and implications for your business.
‘I’m particularly fond of the social media work Martin Thomas does. There are plenty of social media offerings out there – but somebody who works at board level, gets organisational direction and also gets social media and changing generations? Such individuals are rare.’
Dr. Simon Hallam, IoD strategy consultant and Visiting Fellow at Durham University Business Schoo.
Marketing Communications Consultant, Trainer & Author
Martin is a highly experienced marketing communications consultant, trainer and author. He is course leader on digital and social media for the Institute of Directors UK. He has enjoyed a highly successful career in advertising, PR, sponsorship and new media, including senior management roles with some of the world’s leading agencies.
He has advised many multi-national corporations on their marketing and communications strategies, including Xerox, Citibank, Bacardi Global Brands, Sony Ericsson, Royal Mail, Coca-Cola and Colgate-Palmolive.
Much of his work in recent years has focused on the business response to new, digitally-empowered patterns of customer behaviour and changing expectations: a subject on which he has become a highly-regarded writer, speaker and