Thursday, 30th November 2017
10:30am - 12:30pm
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Brexit Ireland Workshop
On Thursday 30th November James Wilson, Research Analyst at Mintel will hold a workshop on Brexit Ireland report.
Trends for 2018 - Mintel
Earlier in the morning, in the same venue Richard Cope of Mintel will teach us of the trends we are set to experience in 2018. More information available here.
Date: Thursday 30th November 2017
Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm
Location: The Fitzwilliam Hotel
Member Rate: €30 - Non-Member Rate: €50
Brexit …what does the future hold for Ireland?
What we'll cover
2) Key findings from the recently published Mintel 'Brexit Ireland' report
3) Group Discussion: with Task: to identify key 'Criteria' for Ireland with Brexit front of mind
4) Detailed Consumer data taken from the Brexit Ireland report - provide an overview of key findings from the consumer section from the report
5) Explore 'Impact' of Brexit based on your top 3 criteria (as identified earlier in the session) and suggest possible solutions to tackling them
6) Round up, key take aways and conclusion
Brexit in the news: a timeline of key dates and the journey so far.
What does Brexit mean for Ireland concerning Trade?
What are the impacts?
-Imports and exports from Ireland to EU, GB, China and the USA.
-Food and tourism have already been affected.
Attendees to assess the potential impact of Brexit on their industry/sector – Highlight 3 key areas.
- Presentation of data on ‘Consumer Attitudes towards Brexit’.
- Overview of consumers ‘financial health’ in light of Brexit.
- Evaluation of the rate of inflation and its impact on consumer attitudes.
-Attendees to discuss what BREXIT means for their clients/customers perspectives – drawbacks and opportunities. Is action required? Highlight 3 key areas.
- Showcase of data extracted from the Mintel Brexit report including employment opportunities and an upside for Financial Services.
Key findings with a conclusion of ‘key take away’ points.
As a research analyst with Mintel, James researches and writes in the retail, technology and leisure sectors for Mintel’s Irish series of reports. His specialist areas include all things technology with a focus on social media and consumer shopping habits. He has featured in radio interviews and national publications such as The Times. James holds a BA (Hons) and a MSc in Marketing.