Communications & Marketing Manager
Skillnets is an enterprise-led body dedicated to the up-skilling of those in employment. Skillnets is funded by the Department of Education and Skills (DES) from the National Training Fund. We are guided in our work by leading employer and employee representative bodies including IBEC, Chambers Ireland, CIF, SFA and ICTU. Skillnets funds over 60 enterprise networks across a wide range of sectors and regions.
Skillnets are inviting applications for the position of Communications & Marketing Manager to oversee the marketing and communications function. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering quality internal and external communications services that are aligned with Skillnets’ recently published Statement of Strategy.
Reporting to the Executive Director Programme Development, the successful candidate will manage the Communications function, implementing a range of communication plans associated with day-to-day business objectives, and with the organisation's overall strategy. With an emphasis on leveraging new and existing communication channels, the successful candidate will provide first class communication services and advice to the executive leadership team as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of high calibre communications, PR, marketing and stakeholder engagement services in line with the organisation’s strategy.
• Leading the Communications team in the effective delivery of the communications programme.
• Driving a strong brand position for Skillnets, including impactful brand messaging to our varied audience via all relevant media.
• Co-ordinating relevant media and public affairs activities to promote Skillnets’ strategic and policy positions.
• Managing the day-to-day internal and external communications and marketing activities of Skillnets.
• Monitoring of media, current affairs and policy developments across a wide range of media and government/agency sources.
• Managing Skillnets' corporate communications collateral including composition, design and promotion/ publishing.
• Preparing press statements and articles for internal and external communication activities.
• Ensuring that Skillnets' communication outputs are of the highest standard, responsive to the needs of the relevant target audience, and delivered within agreed budget and timelines.
• Developing new relationships with key decision makers, with the media, with our member organisations and others.
• Undertaking other duties required from time to time.
You are an experienced senior communications specialist proficient in communications, PR, marketing and stakeholder management, both strategically and operationally, to internal and external channels.
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a Communication Specialist.
• Possess a high level of technical competence (and experience) within communications, brand management, crisis management, public relations and marketing, combined with a strong track record of achievement.
• Strong commercial awareness, and an understanding of Skillnets strategy, our external environment and our stakeholder groups.
• A proven ability to lead and develop a team in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent written skills (plain English) with a journalistic capacity to write succinctly and with clarity. Focused on attention to detail with experience in proof-reading.
• Capable of demonstrating political acumen, with a track record of effectively managing a complex stakeholder environment.
• Self-directed and resilient, taking personal responsibility for the delivery of objectives and overcoming challenges.
• Strong project management skills with an ability to manage competing priorities.
• Possess first-class communication and presentation skills, with an ability to influence others and gain the commitment of stakeholders.
• Proficient IT skills and possess an understanding of social media technologies as a driver of effective communications.
• Minimum of primary degree in Communications, Marketing or a related discipline, and a relevant Post Graduate or Master’s degree is desirable.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter outlining what strengths you would bring to the role. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5pm, Friday 24th March, 2017.
A competitive package will be offered to the successful candidate.
This role is based is based in Sandyford, Dublin. Further information on Skillnets is available at www.skillnets.ie.
Skillnets is an equal opportunities employer.