Account Director – Brand Communications
With 5,500 people in 66 offices worldwide Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm helping organisations evolve, promote and protect their brands. Since it was founded in 1952 it remains independent and family-owned.
The Edelman Ireland brand team delivers high quality communications marketing solutions for a wide range of clients. Passionate about developing the best creative strategies, we work collaboratively to transform Brands’ reputations.
We employ our best skills and capabilities to help elevate brands from pedestrian to first rate, to motivate audiences from passive to passionate, and to captivate prospects and convert them to clients.
As an Account Director your role is to deliver creative, strategic and tactical communications capable of delivering real business value in earned, owned and paid media channels. You will be expected to build key client relationships and be capable of delivering; client programming, new business opportunities and team development. You will have experience of operating within teams with blended skillsets including Creative, Planning and Social.
- Strategic thinking – A smart thinker who doesn’t just take briefs at face value, rather they interrogate them, ask the right questions and can devise solid strategies which inspire great creativity
- Excellent writer / communicator – Someone who is brilliant at putting copy together on a page, and at articulating themselves in person
- Interagency planning experience – Someone used to taking an active role in interagency/cross-department planning sessions, demonstrating the role and value of PR and having a point of view on wider 360 planning
- Creative flair – Someone who pushes themselves to be as creative as possible and takes an active role in getting the most creativity out of a team
- Digital first – Someone who is the ambassador for and is instrumental in championing digital for the client overseeing digital work being implemented and acting as a source of counsel
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire and unite teams behind a central concept, with experience of successfully selling in concepts and seeing them through to execution
- Senior, strategic communications working to significant budgets
- Creative storyteller with a natural curiosity in the arts and broader cultural life and societal trends
- Use of digital and other technologies for storytelling and communications
- High quality written and presentation skills
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media impact, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development, management of events, effective pitching and coaching of spokespeople
A longer list of requirements can be found below.
- Client / stakeholder management
- Demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of client sectors and markets; using this to inform solutions
- Innovative, proactive and hands-on approach to solving client business issues
- Experience in cultivating and nurturing relationships with senior client leaders
- Ability to support and set client programme goals and manage against them
- Project / team management
- Aptitude building and leveraging business resources and processes to ensure the team works effectively
- Skill with overall financial management – client budget approvals and PO’s, forecasting, capacity planning, budgeting VS actuals, and managing over servicing
- Actively drive the sharing of best practice within the team
- Supports the development of juniors on specific daily projects as well as coaching them on short and long-term initiatives and goals
- Capacity to communicate and reinforce group business priorities and translate agency vision into priorities and goals for the team
- Support prospecting opportunities within a new and existing client-set; and generating innovative routes to market
- Strong track-record of programme management
- Experience of influencer strategy development and tactical outreach
- Can work strategically with creative & planning partners to identify core insights to drive communications outcomes
- Practical and advanced understanding of visual communications, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these channels into client programmes
- Proficiency in writing skills to craft internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc.
- Experience in analysing and communicating market results and monitoring brand threats and opportunities
Applicants should email their CV and include cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org