With 5,500 people in 66 offices worldwide Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm helping organisations evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputation.
As part of the focus of the business to lead in the modern age of paid, owned and earned channels, a key initiative has been the creation of a planning function to support the campaign development work within the agency and to lead client strategy projects.
Based in Dublin, you will form part of a broader planning community across the Ireland and UK business. You will be faced with diverse client challenges, from brand building to reputation management, to driving behaviour change amongst influencers.
You will both deliver planning excellence to clients and boost the planning skills and expertise of the teams through augmenting their understanding and use of research, analysis and insights. You will also work with our research division, Edelman Intelligence and where necessary, external research and insight providers.
- Provide strategic support across Edelman’s client base
- Offer planning resource and develop/lead the planning process for new and existing clients
- Identify critical issues, trends and opportunities for our diverse client base
- Assess strategic problems, develop insights, recommendations and strategic direction for clients
- Create strategies that are driven by evidence and lead to clear and practical PR and marketing communication solutions
- Lead, participate and facilitate strategic discussions both internally and with clients.
- Design and implement frameworks for creating strategic client solutions
Key candidate requirements
- Significant planning and strategy development experience in both consumer and business-to-business markets globally
- Practical knowledge of planning, insight and analysis
- Experience in global marketing communications
- Strong analytical skills
- Research and data experience
- Ability to develop frameworks, agency planning models and capabilities
- Ability to take a practical approach
- Strong digital skills
- Effective organisational and interpersonal skills
- Capable of working efficiently with the senior leadership team within the business and with clients’ senior leadership teams
- Presentation skills, articulating smart and sometimes complex solutions in a straightforward and lucid manner
- Focus on delivering high-quality, value-added programmes for clients, and excelling at client relationship management
You will be critical in maintaining Edelman’s lead in the fast changing communications industry by delivering exceptional, evidence supported, strategic communications solutions that drive the client’s brand and business.
Please respond with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org