||Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
Marketing Communications Executive - 12 Month Contract
The Communications Department is growing and is now looking for a Marketing Communications Executive. The Communications team is responsible for marketing RCPI and its educational programmes, and examinations, building the RCPI brand and corporate identity and strategic communications with our 10,500 Trainees, Members and Fellows and other stakeholders within the health service. This work will include gaining insights into the needs of Trainees, Members and Fellows and other customers and how they perceive RCPI.
This role reports to the Communications Manager, Communications Department.
Standard Duties of the Post
Duties will involve, but are not limited to:
• Developing and implementing marketing campaigns to promote RCPI and its educational
programmes, courses, examinations and conferences
• Developing marketing materials (brochures, flyers, posters, videos, infographics, digital marketing content, exhibition stands) , this includes liaising with RCPI Departments and external marketing, video and digital agencies
• Implementing the RCPI’s brand strategy to ensure a consistent representation of our brand across all touchpoints and increase the visibility of our brand in our accredited training hospitals. This also involves includes updating internal protocols e.g. brand guidelines and branded templates
• Implementing the RCPI advertising strategy, including liaising with a marketing agency, placing adverts in press and digital channels and ensuring value for money
• Working with the Communications Manager to create, circulate and collate market research initiatives.
• Raising awareness of RCPI among our Trainees, Members, Fellows and stakeholders within the health system by promoting RCPI’s mission, initiatives and events using all available channels (social media, digital channels and through our accredited training hospitals).
• Working as part of a team to implement the RCPI corporate communications strategy, including working directly with our doctors and collaborating closely with RCPI departments and our Faculties and Institutes. This involves creating content including blogs, videos, social media content, ezines, web content, posters and brochures
• Providing marketing communications advice to RCPI Departments, including reviewing content for publication on various channels to ensure branding, design and tone of voice is consistent and appropriate
• Reporting progress on the implementation of the marketing communications strategy
• Updating webpages on www.rcpi.ie
• Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers and liaising with them to ensure that work is carried out to a high standard, on time and within budget
• Carrying out administrative tasks associated with the role, when required.
• Relevant third level qualification in marketing, digital media or communications with proven capability and 2-3 years’ experience in a comparable role
• Strong writing skills essential with experience in creating brochures, presentations, writing for the web and social media
• Attention to detail is essential
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with sound judgment are required
• Demonstrated capability and sensitivity to manage key business relationships as the role involves a high degree of interaction and collaboration with key stakeholders
• Self-starter with high motivation and the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team to achieve goals within agreed timeframes
• Ability to manage time and prioritise with an ability to be flexible in the approach to work
• Proven organisational capability and high levels of personal effectiveness. The person is expected to handle a varied and diverse workload to meet deadlines while ensuring accuracy and timeliness
• Strong IT capability, in particular advanced MS Word, Excel, & Outlook skills, and the ability to work efficiently with multiple systems of information
• Experience working with databases / website editing is desirable
• Educated to degree level standard or equivalent
• 2-3 years’ experience in a comparable marketing or communications role
• Strong writing skills in printed publications and on digital platforms
• Excellent organisational and inter-personal skills with meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent ICT skills with the ability to communicate with target audiences through digital channels and report on effectiveness.
• Experience in Wordpress and Newsweaver
Candidates should submit a cover letter and CV and specifically address how their experience fits with the requirements of the role.
You should submit your application, taking notice of the application requirements set out above, to:
About the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (RCPI)
The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (RCPI) with its Faculties and Institute, provide postgraduate medical training and professional development opportunities to doctors working in 25 specialties. Collectively, we are the largest provider of postgraduate medical training in Ireland.
Our mission is to ensure that patients receive the best possible care. We do this by training and assessing doctors and providing accredited education and professional development programmes. We also quality-assure standards in specialist medical practice and promote good health through our policy and public outreach initiatives.
Our Fellows and senior management team are heavily involved in the current transformation of the Irish health service. We work closely with the Medical Council of Ireland, the Health Service Executive, the Department of Health, and other postgraduate medical training bodies.
We are also undergoing significant internal changes. We are implementing a major programme of transformation that has seen the creation of new business initiatives, the internationalisation of the organisation and closer collaboration with key policy leaders in healthcare.
We are continuing to adopt a more proactive and progressive role in the Irish and international health sector, and have become a more outward-looking organisation in recent years as a result. As new initiatives have been developed, our workforce has grown and we now employ over 90 people. We value creativity and innovation and encourage our staff to ‘think outside the box’.
Our staff surveys consistently show that the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland is a great place to work, with a friendly, supportive atmosphere and a sense that everyone is playing their part in improving Irish healthcare.
Equal Opportunities Policy
RCPI is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the travelling community.