Product Marketing Manager
Are you looking to join a hardworking team of professionals who make an impact? Poppulo is the leading provider of SaaS technology solutions for the Internal Communication sector. We are a fast-paced company that has an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture with the ambition of becoming a global leader in our field.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will be a key member of the Poppulo marketing team reporting to the VP of Marketing. You will be responsible for crafting the messaging and positioning of the solution and transfer that knowledge, particularly to the Sales and Marketing teams and driving exciting new strategic product growth programs.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader with excellent communication and management skills has a strong passion for technology and is highly commercial yet creative, relentlessly resourceful and loves executing, has experience managing people and working across cross functional teams, is hands on and knows how to move mountains.
We have big ambitions for product marketing at Poppulo and we want you to help us lead that charge.
What you’re accountable for:
- The core function of the role is specifically creating awareness, differentiation and demand for our product portfolio. Working closely with the Customer Success specialist you will help create ‘wow’ moments for existing customers and you will help shape and build Inbound campaigns that help create demand.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities in key strategic account clusters, verticals or outbound sales opportunities and building tailored multi-channel marketing programs to grow revenues and increase market share.
- Sales Enablement - Build best in class sales enablement, including the development and rollout of better sales and marketing processes, materials such as sales demos, scripts, videos, competitive battle sheets, objection handling, customer stories, case studies, etc to communicate the value proposition of Poppulo products.
- Work closely with sales team and management to ensure adoption of these tools and materials and review their impact. Constantly seeking out ways to influence and drive better sales conversions.
- Marketing Enablement - Through close collaboration with the sales teams (new business and expand) be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria, and transfer that knowledge to the marketing channels with content programs, materials and targeted workflows.
- Develop recurring content showcasing Poppulo product experiences, including 1 - 2 blog posts a month, guides and webinars as needed.
- Product Management - Work closely with this team to translate features into customer value to ensure value of Products is fully understood and communicated to other teams. Channel market intelligence and customer feedback to Product team to inform product strategy and roadmap.
- Product Positioning – Leverage buyer personas and market research to describe each product by its unique ability to solve market problems. Create internal positioning documents that will be used to develop external messages such as sales demo presentations, website content, and marketing collateral.
- Product Launch - Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan including sales enablement and external marketing announcements (collateral, website, content, PR).
- Ensure that internal communication is clear, consistent, and that feedback loops are seamless.
- Competitive Landscape – Identify and evaluate competitive offerings to assess their strengths, weakness, pricing, and go-to market approach to develop a winning strategy against them.
- Market Intelligence - Stay abreast of market trends in order to position Poppulo solutions and technologies properly.
What you must have……..
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related study or equivalent combination of education and experience
- in either product marketing, product management, trade marketing or complimentary sales or marketing roles ideally at a software company.
- Have managed a team
- Proven track record in crafting and delivering compelling positioning, content and presentations that has achieved results. Superior copywriting, general written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record executing in a fast paced, startup environment with minimal oversight
- Quantitative bias; Focus on measurable impact, not mere activity; Thrives in agile culture.
- Ability to multitask, manage projects across departments, and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines
- Passionate about content marketing, social media and digital media trends
- Experience with SaaS and knowledge of various industry tools
- Enthusiastic, hands-on, highly collaborative leader
- Well versed in PPT and other creative communication tools such as Adobe Creative Suite would be advantage.
What’s in it for you ……..
- Competitive Salary
- Continually advancing benefit package as part of our GPTW initiative which currently includes:
- Medical Insurance (LAYA)
- Access to a PRSA
- Reduced-cost gym membership with a choice of gyms
- Reduced-cost cinema tickets and Cork Opera House tickets
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Tea, coffee and fruit
- Subsidized healthy snacks
- A strong commitment to professional development and career growth which includes:
- Professional development and training – Education Assistance Program, professional training
- Ongoing personal development: Monthly softskills training opportunities
- Weekly Tech Talks: the Development team present research on interesting subjects
- Full training on the Poppulo system and tools
- Poppulo account for your personal use
- And lots of cake…………..
Who we are:
Named a Great Place To Work in 2015, 2016 and 2017, we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Aon, Barclays, Comcast, Shell, Vodafone and Zurich.
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.