Web Developer - Marketing
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, passionate developer to join the marketing team and lead a creative team within Poppulo. If you have a curious mind with a desire to innovate, test new concepts and push the boundaries, Poppulo will give you the environment to do this. The opportunity is best suited to someone who has an interest in applying their skills and knowledge in the context of a commercial and evolving global website.
The ideal candidate knows when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help. You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by supporting your team do their best work. You understand what makes teams successful and what role a team lead can play in that process. You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging.
- 3+ years of experience as a front-end developer and team lead
- Good strong project management and organisational skills
- Creative, enthusiastic, flexible, and collaborative person
- Has experience leading a team
- Experience building public facing, responsive websites that work elegantly across commonly used browsers
- Strong attention to detail and a deep empathy with design
- Cares deeply about performance and accessibility
- Has a high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- Expert at hand code clean accessible HTML and CSS3 according to web standards
- Advanced CSS with media queries, animations, transitions and transforms, and preprocessor SASS
- Experienced with building and automation tools like npm, gulp.js, Bower
- Front-end code optimisation for better performance
- Experienced with GIT
- WordPress theme development experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, such as Microdata, Schema, etc
- Experienced with graphic software tools such as Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator
What’s in it for you:
A competitive remuneration package which includes:
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Medical Insurance (LAYA)
- PRSA with company contributions
- Free Parking
- Tea, coffee and fruit
- Reduced Gym Membership
- Poppulo account for your personal use
- Plenty of cake !!!!
A strong commitment to professional development and career growth which includes:
- Regular Tech Talks, the Development team present research on interesting subjects
- Professional development and training – Education Assistance Program, professional training as required
- Ongoing personal development: Regular internal softskills training opportunities
- Full training on the Poppulo system and tools will be provided as required
Who we are…
Named a Great Place To Work in 2015, 2016 and 2017, we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Aon Hewitt, Barclays, Comcast, Shell, Vodafone, Nike and Zurich.
This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do:
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”,
“Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn”.
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.