||Irish Dental Association
Description & Details
Events and CPD Administration Assistant
Reporting To: Assistant Chief Executive
Hours: 9am to 5pm (some out of office hours)
A professional association representing the interests of dental professionals in Ireland. It is long established and offers a wide range of services to it's members. This Association has been linked with many changes and innovations, whilst working to promote the advancement of the interests of this profession. Based in Dublin, the organisation employs ca. 10 people and there is an excellent work atmosphere and team structure in place.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
Assist Asst CEO with all aspects of administration associated with marketing and events to include:
- Administration of events to include recording and processing of delegate information, issuing receipts and certificates of attendance etc.
- Manage & maintain online CPD system
- Office-based researching of potential event venues
- Input to design and proofing of marketing/conference leaflets and brochures to include liaison with publishers
- Hands-on assistance to ensure smooth running of events to include registering of delegates
- Coordination of communications to Members including electronic and hard copy mailings
- Administration of Member’s database to include data input, updating and report generating (Microsoft Access)
- Ensuring website and social media sites are up to date with regard to company marketing and events
- Liaising with and supporting administrative staff and senior management
- Dealing with client and colleague queries and working cohesively with the team
The ideal candidate will:
- have broad administration experience
- have some qualifications in the area of marketing/events and/or experience in this field
- be highly organised and capable of multi-tasking
- demonstrate strong interpersonal skills / experience.
- be capable of working on his/her own initiative and be highly professional, organised and flexible.
- have ability to listen to both admin and senior management
- have ability to organize workload and ability to work under pressure.
- be prepared and flexible in relation to new tasks and responsibilities, as reasonably requested.
- ideally this candidate will be a do-er, capable of working across a variety of projects as they arise and seeing them through to completion
- be a self-starter and do what he / she says - keeps promises
- Have strong communication and IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Access (essential), Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and social media is required
- Full clean drivers licence required.
An attractive remuneration package is available to the right candidate.
How to Apply / Contact
All applications must be sent to Elaine Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org