Role: Head of Marketing / Chief Marketing Officer - International B2B. Dublin-based Company. [SST2-51]
In response to industry, government and consumer demands to eradicate antibiotic-resistant superbugs, our client (Dublin -based) has developed a unique, patented technology that reduces harmful bacteria and fungi by 99.99% on Glass and Ceramics. They have secured collaborative development contracts with Tier 1 manufacturing companies worldwide, have closed initial deals and have Series A funding in place. The company’s value has more than tripled in the past year, and they are setting a global standard in microbial-resistant products with a pipeline of technologies in development. Our client is positioned to be a leader in its industry; they are creating smart technologies that are re-shaping how their clients manufacture, market and compete in global markets.
They are now recruiting a world-class, professional Chief Marketing Officer* with international experience to join the senior team that is responsible for growing the company. The role requires a combination of strategic, operational and tactical marketing know-how and the package will reflect the seniority of the position. You will be joining the company at an exciting, high-growth phase and your background, experience and personal goals will reflect an entrepreneurial outlook.
(*Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Director / Head of Marketing)
Responsibilities of the Role:
Demand Generation: While Sales is already generating leads and closing business, there is a requirement to build awareness of the product and the company and convert that awareness into buyer traffic and inbound leads. You will be targeting a range of industry sectors and application segments, each with its unique value proposition. Content creation and distribution, lead nurturing and management (inbound / outbound) are important tasks.
Marketing Activity Management: You will be responsible for managing the company's marketing mix, including promotional, digital, online and PR activity and for ensuring that the company adopts best-practice marketing technologies and tools.
Product - Market Strategy & Roadmap: The company is identifying a range of market segments, each with its own value proposition. Your role as CMO is to develop the company's product-market strategy under a unifying vision working with Sales, the CEO and the CTO. This includes developing a brand strategy and associated messaging.
Sales Support & Enablement: The company is entering into a high growth sales phase and an important part of the CMO role is to help shape sales messaging and create enabling sales content that drives the buying journey and buyer engagement. The role will be expected to make a contribution to shortening the B2B sales cycle, in order to accelerate customer acquisition and revenue growth. The role is also responsible for developing activities that support Sales such as trade show and industry event participation.
Customer Experience & Customer Success: It will be the role of Marketing to own customer experience and customer success, including customer onboarding and collaboration.
Account Development & Growth: The CMO will develop strategies and determine resources needed to grow individual accounts, including Account-Based Sales & Marketing approaches.
NB: As CMO, one of your key tasks in 2018 is to manage a re-brand of the company with the goal of positioning it to maximise its impact across multiple sectors and applications.
Your Business Accountabilities:
- You will be responsible for delivering a Lead Commit target.
- You will be responsible for contributing to an overall target revenue number.
Large manufacturing and industrial companies, including global players and brands. Your stakeholders will include CEOs, Heads of R&D and Product Development, Heads of Marketing and Heads of Operations / Manufacturing / Production. Internally, you will be working closely with the CEO, CTO, Sales and Production.
Skills / Background & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years senior marketing management experience.
- International marketing experience essential, including demand generation and product-market strategy. You will be able to demonstrate that you can develop segment-based value propositions.
- You must have some experience specifically in B2B marketing, including B2B demand generation (inbound / outbound) and working with B2B senior sales personnel.
- It will be a distinct advantage to have experience developing new markets and commercializing new products, technologies and brands, including working with high-growth, expansion-stage companies. If you have helped grow startups or expansion companies, that will be an advantage.
- It is also an advantage to have built and / or managed a marketing team.
- It will be a further advantage if you have knowledge or experience of product management.
- You will have a well-developed knowledge of modern data-driven and content-driven marketing approaches, collaborative-based customer success strategies and digital, social and associated marketing channels.
- Hands-on experience of managing marketing activities and the marketing mix.
- Third level degree, preferably at Masters level.
This role might be for you if you can bring modern marketing capability, combining demand generations and product-market strategy, to help an innovative B2B company quickly grow its customer base and revenues, while developing a distinct brand in the marketplace.
Package: Commensurate with experience and capability. The company also operates an ESOP.
Contact: email@example.com or call +353-1-9081298