Senior BD & Marketing Executive
Reporting to: Senior Marketing Manager
The Senior Business Development and Marketing Executive reports to the Senior Marketing Manager and works within the marketing team to provide comprehensive business development and marketing support for the Dublin office, with remote support to the Irish desk in the London office. The Dublin Marketing team comprises 8 professionals with general marketing account management, events, communications and design skills.
The successful candidate must have the ability to influence senior stakeholders, and ideally, experience working in a professional services partnerships structure. They should be able to understand the strategic business drivers for the firm/group, and work with the Senior Marketing Manager to identify market opportunities to profile the partners and the brand, and to evaluate and quantify these opportunities.
This role will provide guidance on business development platforms, support on one-to-one business development initiatives, and client relationship management to their specific practice group by tracking and managing the practice group's business development activity calendar, and ensuring that all contact is appropriately captured on CRM.
This is a senior executive role and day-to-day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the practice group and PGL to identify marketing objectives and develop a plan of activity to meet and exceed these goals within set budget parameters.
- Proactively delivering on the planned campaigns, supporting BD / marketing trips and managing the practice group marketing spend.
- Through the line campaign management on each initiative, working with the broader marketing team members as required, so as to deliver end-to-end project management including all elements of the marketing mix.
- Take an active role in developing knowledge around client issues and our services. Continuous analysis of competitor activity.
- Managing corporate associations and ensuring lawyer engagement in key events. Building on these relationships to maximise branding opportunities.
- Proactive research into domestic brand building opportunities.
- Supporting the London Irish office on BD and profile building opportunities.
- Liaising with marketing representatives across the Maples group to identify cross-selling initiatives, to share best practice and to ensure that there is consistency and coordination of all business development and marketing efforts.
- Proactively encouraging and managing lawyer involvement in marketing activities by clearly communicating the value and rationale of various active or proposed strategies and initiatives.
- Collaborating with the broader marketing team to expand their skills and knowledge both in respect of marketing and in the development of a comprehensive understanding of the firm's offering.
- Business Development support including market research, targeting activities and post-event reporting.
- CRM database management, tracking, and ability to extract value from the data.
- Ability to interpret digital data & share insights with clients.
- Working with Communications Executive and Global Communications team on directory and award submissions for practice group.
- Engaging in all relevant internal business development meetings.
- Event support when required.
- Working on other group initiatives including Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
- Supporting the implementation of strategic global initiatives, working closely with the global marketing team members as needed.
- Assisting with additional tasks that may be required as a part of the on-going Marketing needs of the Dublin office.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have the ability to engage credibly with senior Partners. They will also be able to listen, influence and provide strategic and operational direction. They will be an excellent
communicator with exceptional organisational and team player skills. A high degree of competency and the ability to handle a challenging and varied workload is essential. The individual's skills and experience will include:
- A qualification in Marketing, Business or a related field is preferred.
- Over 5 years' experience in a marketing/business development role (preferably in professional services) with knowledge of the finance/legal industry.
- Understanding of targeting & lead generation.
- Experience of operating in a matrix organisation.
- A team player who is able to actively contribute & participate in marketing strategy and firm growth discussions.
- The ability to build relationships within the marketing team both locally and globally.
- The ability to build networks with Partners and staff at all levels across the firm and influence
- Strong administrative skills.
- Experience with CRM systems, how to maximise the data value, as well as being highly proficient in MS applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Send CV and cover letter to Suzy Maher at email@example.com.