Head of Research and Intelligence
ONSIDE is a pioneering management consultancy specialising in sponsorship management services across Europe. Headquartered in Dublin, ONSIDE builds and supports award-winning sponsorship programmes for brands including Vodafone, Diageo, Aviva, Audi, and Aldi and on all sports and non-sports sponsorship platforms from football, rugby, and Gaelic sports to film, music, comedy and to causes.
Due to continued growth from the retention of our highly prestigious client portfolio and new account wins as well as expansion of our existing services, there is now an opportunity for a Head of Research & Intelligence to join the team. This is a senior position in a well-respected, recognised leader in its sector.You will be working with a number of world leading sponsors and rights holders (sport and non-sport) where you will be developing their sponsorship and commercial strategies.
About the role:
You will lead a team comprising of a Research & Intelligence Manager and a Research & Intelligence Executive. You will have responsibility forall existing commercial arrangements with the Research & Intelligence client portfolio. You will be expected to deliver a range of research and intelligence project assignments. You will report directly to the CEO.
- Provide comprehensive input to the annual business planning process setting out goals and targets in conjunction with the CEO and COO. You will have ownership of the Research & Intelligence P&L.
- Translate research data into insights, strategies and actions. Contribute towards developing simple solutions to complex, cross-functional issues.
- Produce an annual work programme using retained client assignments and internally-generated research as base demand and supplement this with visible and targeted new project assignments.
- Be accountable as ONSIDE’s focal point for relationships with external service providers and external stakeholders. Represent ONSIDE at stakeholder fora and events within the Research & Intelligence community.
- Coach and support your team ensuring they achieve high levels of performance. Be accountable for team and individual performance and conduct quarterly reviews to provide feedback on individual and team performance versus plan.
- Contribute as a member of the management team to ONSIDE’s company business objectives; participate in management meetings and reviews; collaborate with cross functional projects.
You will be an experienced functional leader with strong people management skills, capable of hiring, motivating and driving a high performing team. You will be a real team player who has the capabilities, energy and passion to drive growth and opportunity for the business.
Experienced of interaction with senior executives and, you will have the ability to engage and nurture relationships, developing credible and award-winning initiatives that are in line with the high standards our ONSIDE brand and service has established with our clients.
- You will be a respected leader and coach who can motivate the team to deliver best-in-class products and take great pride in the work you design and the team delivers to our C-suite clients giving confidence to their sponsorship investment decisions
- You will bring a minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the area of consumer and business insights, having gained considerable capability in research techniques and approaches including both qualitative and quantitative.
- It is expected that you will bring experience of working in a top-tier research agency or large, multi-national corporation, have commercial awareness and strong financial acumen
- You will be adept at developing and acquiring new business opportunities
- You will have strong analytical skills and be highly numerate, and an organised individual capable of multitasking, delegating and empowering your team to achieve great heights
- You will be skilled in managing and prioritising projects – particularly a variety of client commitments – in a fast-moving environment, showing an adaptive and flexible approach to your work
- As a proven project manager, you will have strong analytical capability and attention to detail
- You will be an excellent presenter, communicator with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to exert credible influence to engage your team and your clients effectively.
- You will likely be educated to degree level and have evidence of a post-graduate programme of study in the area of strategic analysis & insights generation
- Be a strategic thinker with a passion for applying strategic rigour to the sponsorship process
If you feel this is the opportunity you have been looking for, get in touch with us. We can discuss a more comprehensive job description with you and explore your experience and suitability for the role with you. For further information on the company go to www.onside.ie
Please send your CV and a Cover Letter to: