Social Media Manager
(Brand Engagement team)
Reports to: Head of Social and Digital Content Location: Dublin
Employment type: Permanent
Work Location: Dublin
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for defining and executing the Paddy Power’s brand social strategy and aligning it with the overall brand strategy. This will include managing the team who is responsible of Paddy Power’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat channels.
This job centres not just on increasing brand fame and consideration through owned channels, with an emphasis on original content, but reporting on how our content impacts business result. We want to hire a social media game-changer with a passion for story-telling, standing out from the crowd and getting stuff done.
Reporting to the Head of Social + Digital Content, the candidate will brim with mischief and will work alongside a variety of stakeholders across Paddy Power, taking our social content proposition to the next level. The right candidate will be a natural leader who’s comfortable to step in and lead an already established, award-winning social media team within Paddy Power.
The role will work closely with PR and Mischief, as well as the digital and paid advertising teams, to develop holistic communications plan that compliment relevant brand activity.
• Idea generation and liaising with the internal talent in CMO as well as external agencies and partners to create great daily and campaign led content for all Paddy Power’s customer touchpoints
• Owning and continually evolving the social media strategy for the team, you will be responsible for putting a long-term plan in place for the continued growth of the team
• Manage the social media team & be hands on with content posting by creating editorial calendars and monthly social media measurement insights to brief in new campaign.
• Measure performance versus competitors, define targets and look to implement plans to grow the brand content presence of Paddy Power
• Collaborate with the Social Advertising Team to ensure the posting strategy & targeting is efficiently working alongside our DR planned activity.
• Additionally, you will contribute ideas and content to the wider Brand Engagement team (including PR and Mischief) with the ability to ‘man the decks’ on our social platforms (from Twitter to Snapchat) when required.
• Continually evolve and improve content, especially in video, delivering fast, reactive, insightful and engaging material that benchmarks with the best across industries.
Social media mastery: A proven track record of developing, delivering and amplifying leading social-first content campaigns, constantly innovating, and challenging the status quo. The right candidate will be at the cutting edge of social innovation and should understand how to develop ideas and utilise all content channels to maximise impact and influence the influencers.
Brand understanding: Is an expert in understanding the PP brand, what it stands for and how to reflect that in content generation to grow brand resonance and engagement.
Expert Campaign Planner: Should show be a disciplined and goal-driven individual who plans effectively on short-term and longer-term campaign plans.
Know your onions: The successful candidate will demonstrate a genuine passion for the full spectrum of events covered by Paddy Power markets. This means that you are expected to have an extensive knowledge of sport, but you should also be able to demonstrate that you are up-to-date with a broad range of topics including news, politics and current affairs.
Leadership: Experienced leader of a team. A demonstrable track record of building and leading highly effective teams. A role model to others on effective leadership, capable of selecting, motivating and developing a high-performing team. Disciplined about managing performance of the team and not afraid to make tough decisions on people.
Proactive self-starter: Self motivates to constantly challenge the status quo, identify opportunities and champion them relentlessly.
Effective and efficient work style: Able to juggle multiple priorities, delivering on time and budget and keeping pace with the demands and speed of the organisation.
Up for a laugh: Attitude should reflect the core equity of the brand, balancing a work hard, play hard approach and celebrating success when appropriate.
In February 2016, Paddy Power and Betfair merged to form one of the largest online betting operators in the world: Paddy Power Betfair plc. The merger propelled the enlarged group into the FTSE 50.
The Paddy Power brand boasts an international multi-channel betting and gaming group. The Paddy Power brand is widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. The Betfair brand is famous for Innovation. Betfair pioneered the betting exchange in 2000 – a product which altered the landscape of the sports betting industry.
Today, Paddy Power Betfair is a force to be reckoned with. We have a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.
Our values are important to us. In fact they shape and guide everything we do – from improving our performance and working as a team, to hiring the right people and developing our talent.
There are five key values that we live by:
Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.