Postponed until further notice
This masterclass over two mornings ( July 21st & 22nd) is aimed at non-finance managers and marketing professionals who wish to understand the basic principles of finance pertinent to marketing. It will take a practical approach, using a number of case studies to underpin the fundamental financial principles relevant to marketing professionals.
- Understand the interrelationship between finance and marketing
- Evaluate budgeting techniques used in marketing and the importance of managing cash flow
- Interpret at a high-level the financial statements of a small businesses
- Compare financing sources and strategies used in SMEs
- Understanding the funding issues which confront the growth of a small business
- Using calculations, obtain a valuation range for a small business
- Using calculations, undertake basic investment appraisal techniques on future expansions and break-even analysis
- Exercise judgement and critical thinking in assessing and formulating solutions to case study scenarios on real-life businesses
21 July 2020,10am- 1pm Online Learning
July 21st & 22nd
Member Price: €250 – Non-Member Price: €500
The non-Member Price includes an Annual Marketing Skills Membership (valued at €262), subject to meeting our membership criteria.
Assistant head of school in Accounting and Finance at TU Dublin
Seán O’Reilly is the Assistant Head of the School of Accounting & Finance at Technological University Dublin, City Campus. Seán is a Chartered Accountant having trained in PwC and now lectures on the FAE Programme for Chartered Accountants Ireland. Seán also holds an Adjunct Lectureship role in Beijing University of Technology and is a Financial Consultant for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development having worked on a number of projects in Central Asia. He is also a Non-Executive Director in an Educational Trust for Disadvantaged Youths in the Dublin City. Seán is currently embarking on a PhD in Dublin City University specialising in Entrepreneurial Finance. He has published a number of academic case studies in small business finance using real-life examples of Irish companies. Seán lectures on the MII TU Dublin Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Marketing.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions apply. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All event and course cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the event/course date. Payment is due in advance. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.