Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this course is now online.
eCommerce encompasses a wide variety of disciplines. This eCommerce course will address the eCommerce customer journey, the platform choices, products, proposition and thinking required to create a strategy. Important topics such as the role of customer acquisition, and how to think about marketplaces and other channels, as well as optimising an eCommerce for conversion, and the Future of eCommerce will also be covered.
This course has been created to help marketers either review their company’s existing eCommerce strategy or to help create an eCommerce proposition from scratch. The course includes a multitude of practical tips that can be applied to individual aspects of an eCommerce business to maximise results, so will suit eCommerce Managers or Marketers who are early-to-mid careers, as well as senior marketers looking to create an eCommerce strategy for their brand.
This Course will start with contextualising eCommerce today. Regardless of business model or channel choice, all eCommerce sites have, at their heart, a relatively simple revenue model:
- Customer acquisition cost
- Conversion rate (number of visitors who buy)
- Average Basket Size (the typical order size).
These are core ‘levers’ for all eCommerce businesses.
The Course will use three key frameworks to build a cohesive narrative to make the class logical and easy to follow.
- The 9Ps of Ecommerce
- The 4Cs of Ecommerce
- The RACER Ecommerce Planning Framework.
Through these intense 2 half days of learning (Tuesday 9th – Wednesday 10th June), attendees will be able to apply topics to realistic scenarios through group exercises, as well as apply your learning to your own websites via a ‘hands-on’ problem-solving session.
9 June 2020,9.30am- 1pm
Online Zoom Video
Price: Member €250 | Non Member €500
- Gain a practical understanding of what ecommerce, including:
o How does an ecommerce business work?
o What are the business models in Ecommerce?
o What are the channels, platforms and tools to choose from?
- Understanding the customer’s path to purchase
- Using a framework for customer experience
- Getting to grips with key customer acquisition marketing channels
- Driving sales through online value proposition and product proposition
Personal Outcomes for Attendees
- Capability: Increase the attendee’s confidence in understanding the strategies, platforms, planning frameworks and tools required to create an Ecommerce site
- Credibility: Enable tangible career and business opportunities by understanding the opportunity and the business drivers for Ecommerce
- Confidence: Equip attendees with the hands-on capabilities they need to start a new Ecommerce site or improve Ecommerce site business performance.
CMO OpenJaw Technologies
• Professional marketer with MBA from Smurfit Graduate School of Business
• Currently CMO for OpenJaw Technologies, a travel technology selling eCommerce, data and AI powered chatbots to travel brands across the world
• Ran his first eCommerce website in 2006
• Founder and Programmer, DMX Dublin, Ireland’s largest digital marketing conference in 2013
• Teacher, digital and eCommerce on the Executive Programme in Digital Marketing since 2012
• Judge UK Masters of Marketing Awards, All Ireland Marketing Awards since 2015
• Worked for brands such as 11850, 1181188, Thomas Cook, bmi-British Midland, as well as eCommerce and NASDAQ quoted tech start-ups.
• Adviser and active investor in eCommerce business
• Author, Econsultancy, Best Practice in eCommerce report 2019: a 54,000 word and 160-page guide to the best in eCommerce today
• Fellow, Marketing Institute of Ireland for contribution to marketing in Ireland
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions apply. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All event and course cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the event/course date. Payment is due in advance. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.