What is the course about?
We live in a rapidly changing environment and the need and importance for marketing research has never been stronger , This has led to the demands for clarity around research methods in digital contexts (e.g. mobile and social). This course highlights the importance of timely, reliable and valid data provision for marketing decision-making.
This programme developed in conjunction with AIMRO adopts a cutting-edge problem-based learning philosophy that allows the students to be immersed in the industry relevant practice. On completion of this programme, participants will develop their critical thinking skills in conducting rigorous marketing research, and become strategic assets for businesses.
This Executive Diploma is a stackable module on the MSc Digital Innovation.
What will participants learn/achieve?
On completion of this module, the student will be able to :
- Demonstrate a working understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods for the implementation of specific marketing research projects.
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data using appropriate techniques.
- Evaluate the various samplings theories in research practice.
- Exercise good judgement in synthetising and communicating their findings, both both orally and in written form.
- Implement a project and time management system in a collaborative work setting.
- Design and plan an appropriate research strategy for a live projected brief.
Who is it for? Career stage?
- Competency Framework: Career Stages 2,3 &4
- Mid to senior level
- Prospective students will be those looking to step up in the business world.
- Individuals seeking a career changer or those who are reviewing their career, in order to progress to a more senior level.
This Executive Diploma, developed in conjunction with AIMRO adopts a cutting-edge problem-based learning philosophy that allows the students to be immersed in the industry relevant practice.
It will be delivered through a blended approach of lectures, case studies and assignment work.
The Diploma is a Level 8 CPD Award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and the award is made by Technological University Dublin, a member of the European University Association.
What is the price?
- Member Price: €1,000
- Non-Member Price: €1,282
- Corporate Partnership Training Credit of €500 maximum can be used as payment for this course.
Want to Know More ?
This Executive Diploma will be offered in Q2 of 2023.
Please keep an eye on this website page for update and if you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The role and value of research
- Stakeholder in the research
- Developing the marketing research brief, proposal, schedule, and budget
- Exploratory, descriptive and casual research
- Types of secondary data
- The use of secondary data
- Sources of secondary data (internal and external sources)
- Evaluation of the benefits and limitations of secondary data
Primary Research – Qualitative Methods
- Classification and evaluation of qualitative research designs
- Focus groups
- In-depth interviews
- Ethnography, netnography
- Projective techniques
- Qualitative data analysis
Primary Research – Quantitative Methods
- Classification and evaluation of research methods
- Quantitative data collection methods: survey , observation, and experiments
- Survey methods
- Quantitative data analysis
- Measurement scales, ordinal, nominal, internal, ratio levels
- Measurement of attitudes
- Reliability and validity issues
- Data protection and confidentiality
Fieldwork and Quality Control
- Interviewing techniques
- Fieldwork supervision, organisation and control
- Data preparation, editing, coding ,and cleaning
Reporting & Dissemination
- The written report
- The oral presentation
- Visual aids and their use
Ethics & Future of Marketing Research
- Conducting High Quality Marketing Research and Emerging Trends (workshop)
- Importance of Ethics throughout the Marketing Research process (workshop)
Marketing Competence Framework
- Marketing Strategy
- Customer Centricity
- Commercial Awareness
- Decisions & Judgment
- Project Management
- Action & Results
- Developing People
- Team Building
- Relationship Management
- Negotiation Skills
What will you get?
- A fully accredited CPD qualification at Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by TU Dublin
- An Executive (CPD) Diploma delivered over evening sessions, with case studies, additional self-study and laboratory work
- Exposure to leading and respected practitioners and experts
Digital Marketing & Analytics Lecturer, South East Technological University
Deirdre Treacy has over 15yrs industry experience in various sales and marketing roles and lectures on the Digital Marketing and Analytics programmes in South East Technological University.
Deirdre has a BA in International Marketing & Japanese from DCU and an MSc in Digital Marketing & Analytics from TUD. She is currently undertaking her PhD with a focus on how non-profit fundraising can build trust and overcome resistance in charitable giving
Managing Director Coyne Research
Bernie established Coyne Research in January 2012. Prior to forming the company, Bernie was Managing Director of Amárach Research, Founder and Managing Director of Research Solutions, and a Director with Lansdowne Market Research. She holds a BA and HDip in Education along with a Diploma in Marketing from the CIM. Having completed her IOD Chartered Director Diploma she was awarded Chartered Director status (Cdir) in 2013.
Over the past 30 years, Bernie has amassed lengthy and comprehensive experience of a wide array of methodologies and research practices across almost all sectors and industries across various markets throughout the world. She has a vast array of experience conducting research in both the public and private sector
Bernie has experience of working closely with clients over long periods of time to help them use research to fully understand their organisation and the markets in which they operate. As a result of this experience, Bernie is highly regarded for her ability to design suitable bespoke methodologies to fully address the objectives of the research and the wider goals of the organisation. Her partnership with clients over extended periods has also meant that she has developed the ability to fully digest the context and macro factors within which the research is being conducted, allowing her to make recommendations following the execution of research projects which are fully informed, meaningful and actionable. Essentially, Bernie is experienced at understanding the strategy of her client partners and devising, executing, and debriefing research with the central objective of feeding into that strategy.
Managing Director Behaviour & Attitudes (B&A)
Luke Reaper BA, MA
Luke is the Managing Director and a shareholder of B&A, and has over 25 years experience in the Irish market. Prior to joining B&A he was a board director of TNS mrbi in Ireland, and also previously worked for Lansdowne Market Research. He is an nine-time winner of the Excellence in Research Awards from the Marketing Society of Ireland, including two Grand Prix.
He is a Psychology graduate of University College Dublin, with a B.A. (Hon) in Psychology and a Masters in Social and Organisational Psychology. He is current Chair of AIMRO (The Association of Irish Market Research Organisations).
He has particular expertise in Technology, Consumer (FMCG), Media, Financial, and Social issue research, and has spoken at many conferences on consumer insight. His clients span; TILDA (The Longnitundinal Ageing Study), EuroBarometer, various Government departments, together with private clients across; finance, technology, charities, and retail.
Luke divides his time equally between qualitative, quantitative and consultancy research, specialising in pioneering innovative techniques.
CEO RED C Research
Richard has spent 30 years designing market research, strategic planning and polling solutions for clients across a variety of industries. He founded RED C Research in Ireland in 2003, having started his career in London at Research International and ICM Research, and then moved to Lansdowne Market Research in Ireland.
RED C has grown to become the largest full service, market research and polling agency in Ireland under his stewardship, while also spreading its wings to develop a fast growing UK office in early 2016.
Richard is Vice President of the WIN network, a collaboration of 55 independent research and polling agencies worldwide, a past Chairman of AIMRO the body that represents the industry in Ireland and is currently the Irish representative for ESOMAR (the membership organization representing the interests of the data, research and insights profession worldwide).
He is a frequent media contributor and commentator on consumer trends and politics in Ireland and worldwide.
Tim Healy has worked in marketing services for over 30 years. He developed an interest in research while working as an account planner in McConnell’s Advertising and joined Behaviour & Attitudes in 1998.
He founded Mercator in 1996, specialising in qualitative research, and since then has worked with a wide range of clients, small and large, national and international.
In more recent years, Mercator has focused on business-to-business research and, having started his career in advertising, Tim is also regularly retained by agencies to advise on communications strategy.
He is a former chairman of the Association of Irish Marketing Research Organisations and contributes regularly to marketing publications.
An important note on accreditation
As the professional body for marketing in Ireland, the Marketing Institute recognises the importance of academic accreditation. That’s why we have teamed up with TU Dublin, Ireland’s largest marketing educator, to jointly operate this Executive Diploma programme. Accreditation speaks to a sense of public trust, as well as to professional quality.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions apply. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All event and course cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the event/course date. Payment is due in advance. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.