AIM Awards Trophy designer Shane Holland creates medical visor prototype
Shane Holland is an award-winning Irish designer who, along with his skilled team of designers and craftsmen based in Duleek, Co. Meath, has delivered design projects involving lighting, furniture and sculptural elements in mixed materials, here in Ireland and internationally. They are behind the design of the All Ireland Marketing Awards trophy.
Hoping to lend a hand during the COVID-19 Pandemic, they have been working on a design for a medical visor. Shane explains:
“We have submitted the design to the HSE procurement Dept and they are currently evaluating the design and samples are being sent to them for approval.
Here are the Advantages of this design:
- It is speedier in production than other 3D printed items.
- It can be sanitized at end of shift in a microwave at 120 degrees C
- PMMA is non porous and easy to clean.
- The laser sheets can be punched on a regular paper punch set at the A6 setting punched each side.
- It is now ready for production and is built with EN166 spec in the design and the HSE guidelines taken into consideration from the start.
- It can be manufactured from multiple locations and shipped with very little waste and transport to all locations in Ireland.”