Ursula Morrish will speak at our upcoming Marketing Breakfast in partnership with MCCP, where she will bring us through the journey of developing a new destination brand for Cork.
Ursula has over 25 years of experience working within creative marketing. She has worked for international creative agencies Imagination, WPP, Ogilvy, Fitch and GPJ.
Strategic brand communication has been the core of her work with clients from top FTSE 100 companies to National and Local governments. Ursula has experience of working across key industry sectors in Europe, USA, Japan, Korea and China.
In her role as Destination Manager, Visit Cork she achieved a unanimous sign off for the new Cork destination brand by managing complex stakeholder expectations and working collaboratively with a creative design agency.
What would you consider as some key career highlights?
- Delivering a new destination brand for my home city, Cork
- My role as Producer for the Samsung, Mysterious Circles global brand campaign for the 2014 World Cup. The campaign took place in 3 continents, using multiple communication platforms. Most challenging was delivering the brief to project images on Sugar Loaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer and other mountains in Rio. In addition, co-ordinating screenings at Times Square and Piccadilly circus, creating ‘crop circles’ and ‘alien appearances’ at key soccer games in Europe.
- Working with Colin Firth and Livia Giuggioli on Eco-Age Green Carpet Fashion Initiatives.
What are the main challenges facing the Irish Tourism industry at the moment?
- Decline in demand from Britain
- Decline in destination marketing budgets which could severely impact on destination awareness in several key markets.
- Ensuring that the kind of tourism we establish is good for our visitors and is also positive for our own local communities and our exceptional natural environment.
- How to create experiences for our visitors that are both sustainable as well as profitable.
What advice would you give your 25-year old self?
- Don’t hesitate to have a mentor or coach to help you in your career.
- Go with your creative instinct and take the risk.
Looking towards the next 12 months, what do you hope to achieve?
- Establish a Creative Industry cluster for Cork.
- Complete an NLP course.
Your favourite recent marketing campaign?
- St Patricks Day, Global Greening initiative from Tourism Ireland – simple and cost effective
- #MeToo – for creating a social movement and giving everyone a voice
One reason we should attend The Marketing Breakfast Series in partnership with MCCP with you?
- The MII & MCCP Breakfast series is time well spent invigorating your mind, body and, perhaps, even your spirit.