What is the course about?
Part of our stackable executive education offering, this 12 week Executive Diploma Finance for Marketers focuses on developing financial literacy and acumen, critical skills for the career development of marketing professionals.
It will introduce participants to the main financial concepts, including the analysis and application of financial and management accounting information, both of which can be applied to strategic management and marketing decisions. This Executive Diploma is a module on the Postgraduate Diploma in Management & Marketing.
What will participants learn/achieve?
On completion of this module, the learner will be able to :
- Understand and critically evaluate the financial information produced by the financial accountant.
- Contribute in a meaningful way to management and marketing decisions based on the analysis of management accounting data.
- Evaluate alternative sources of finances and assess investment possibilities along with working effectively to formulate decisions.
Who is it for? Career stage?
- Competency Framework: Career Stages 2,3 &4
- Mid to senior level
- Prospective students will be those looking to step up in the business world.
- Individuals seeking a career changer or are in the midst of a career review, and looking to progress to a more senior level will find this Executive Diploma of real value.
What is the course’s USP?
This diploma is delivered through a blended approach of lecturers, case studies and assignment work. The case studies used on this diploma, along students to stimulate discussions while analysing financial information. This Executive Diploma is a Level 8 CPD Award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and the award is made by Technological University Dublin, a member of the European University Association.
What is the cost?
- Member Price: €750
- Non-Member Price: €1,050
- Corporate Partnership Training Credit of €500 maximum can be used as payment for this course.
23 September 2021,6pm-8pm
Online via Zoom ( In line with Government Guidelines)
Members €750 | Non Members €1,050
- Breakeven Analysis
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Investment Appraisal
- Sources of Finance for Businesses
- Pricing Decisions and Strategies
- Working Capital Management and Cash Flow
Marketer Pathways Competencies
- Strategic Marketing
- Commercial Awareness
- Decision Making & Judgment
- Making a Business Impact
- Organisational Awareness
- Risk Management
- Negotiation Skills
Assistant head of school in Accounting and Finance at TU Dublin
Seán O’Reilly is the Assistant Head of the School of Accounting & Finance at Technological University Dublin, City Campus.
Seán is a Chartered Accountant having trained in PwC and now lectures on the FAE Programme for Chartered Accountants Ireland. Seán also holds an Adjunct Lectureship role in Beijing University of Technology and is a Financial Consultant for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development having worked on a number of projects in Central Asia.
He is also a Non-Executive Director in an Educational Trust for Disadvantaged Youths in the Dublin City. Seán is currently embarking on a PhD in Dublin City University specialising in Entrepreneurial Finance. He has published a number of academic case studies in small business finance using real-life examples of Irish companies. Seán lectures on the MII TU Dublin Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Marketing.
An important note on accreditation
As the professional body for marketing in Ireland, the Marketing Institute recognises the importance of academic accreditation. That’s why we have teamed up with TU Dublin, Ireland’s largest marketing educator, to jointly operate this Executive Diploma programme. Accreditation speaks to a sense of public trust, as well as to professional quality.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions apply. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All event and course cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the event/course date. Payment is due in advance. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.