CMO Masterclass: Using Behavioural Science to Solve Business Challenges
We have created our Masterclass series for senior-level marketers looking to take a deep-dive into a specialised topic, to enable them to make insightful decisions and better choices for their business. The series is focused on helping you develop competencies specific to the knowledge, skills and mindset required of senior marketing leaders.
Date: Please contact email@example.com for date
Time: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Location: Westbury Hotel, Grafton Street, Dublin 2
Before you can influence decisions, you need to understand what drives them. This course investigates how consumer behaviour is shaped by psychological shortcuts.
This interactive course will give you an overview of the findings from behavioural science that have the greatest relevance to marketing. It covers both the latest findings from the topic but also lesser known classic experiments.
The findings can be applied to all areas of marketing: from creative to media, from pricing to strategy. Each will give you a competitive edge.
The insights from behavioural science will be organised into a simple framework so that you can apply them to the challenges you face as a marketer.
What you’ll learn
· A thorough understanding of the most relevant behavioural biases
· The marketing application of behavioural science
· A framework to help you apply the insights to your own challenges
· A new approach to research that doesn’t just rely on consumer claims
· Ways to embed behavioural ideas within your organisation
· Guidance on how to run experiments that quickly and cost-effectively test the insights within your business
· What is behavioural science?
· Why is it so relevant to marketing?
· Practical applications of behavioural science
· An overview of the most relevant biases:the pratfall effect,social proof,price relativity,scarcity,anchoring etc.
· Addressing the objections to behavioural science
· How to run robust experiments
· An introduction to the CREATES framework
Richard is the author of The Choice Factory, a best-selling book on how to apply findings from behavioural science to advertising.
Richard started his career as a media planner 17 years ago, working on accounts such as Coke, Lexus and comparethemarket.com, before specialising in applying behavioural science to business problems. He is currently the Head of Behavioural Science at Manning Gottlieb OMD, the most awarded media agency in the history of the IPA Effectiveness awards.
He regularly runs training session with brands, big and small, using insights from behavioural science to help solve their problems.
He tweets about the latest social psychology findings from the handle @rshotton.