Meet the Shopper - Understanding Shopper Behaviour
All you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask.
This workshop will provide participants with an understanding of shopper behaviour and will demonstrate how to optimise shopper marketing to drive growth for your brand.
Date: Tuesday, 12th February 2019
Time: 9.15am - 5.00pm
Location: The Marketing Institute, Leopardstown, Dublin 18
Member Rate: €250 - Non-Member Rate: €500
The non-Member Rate includes an Annual Marketing Skills Membership (valued at €262), subject to meeting our membership criteria.
This workshop focuses on the practical skills needed to understand Your Shopper and will also help define what exactly shopper marketing is. The course will take a look at the current macro trends driving shopper marketing and how both brand owners and retailers can use this to their advantage to leverage growth. We will also discuss how brands can ensure their shopper marketing is fully optimized for the purchase decision journey, along with the use of technology to meet the shopper’s ever evolving needs. The final topic will involve looking at case studies showing the dos and don’ts of shopper marketing.
What We'll Cover
The Era of Shopper
- Why is the shopper so important? What exactly is shopper marketing?
- The evolving shopper decision journey.
- Shopper insight – what it is and how to create shopper insight to drive growth?
- Shopper Understanding Model – WHO? WHAT? WHY? WHERE? HOW?
- Overcoming Shopper Barriers – Ease, Economic, Experience and Entice.
- Macro trends driving shopper marketing.
Best In Class Shopper Marketing
- Lessons to be learned from best in class both in Ireland and around the world.
- Utilising shopper marketing to drive brand growth.
Winning At The Moment of Choice - Connecting With Shoppers In Today’s Retail Landscape
- Shoppers are human too – understanding our inherent human biases.
- How we shop today?
- Creating work that shoppers will ‘See’ ‘Notice’ ‘Buy’.
Leveraging the Power of Technology And Social Media To Meet Shoppers Evolving Needs
- Shoppers fundamental needs remain constant but their expectations as to how these needs should be meet has utterly changed.
- Shopper Decision Journey has been transformed beyond recognition.
- Leveraging the power of technology to reimagining the fundamentals of Cost, Convenience, Choice and Customer Service.
Director, Strategic Planning
A strategic planner with a passion for getting under the skin of consumers and shoppers from different cohorts and cultures, to understand what makes them tick. Robert has a fascination with understanding what makes different retail formats work, from traditional bricks’n’mortar corner shops to eCommerce and hypermarkets, not to mention pubs, restaurants and cafés.
Robert’s career experience spans boutique research agencies in London as well as client side insight and planning roles with Renault UK, Diageo Ireland and Diageo Europe, not to mention creative advertising group BBDO. As a founding member of the Shopper Planning Global Team in Diageo he has a particular passion for being the voice of the shopper with the brand, customer marketing, and commercial teams.
V360°, part of the Visualise Group, is a full service shopper agency working across all aspects of retail, category and shopper marketing, from insight to brilliant execution. Passionate about the role that creative thinking can play in effecting positive enduring change in shopper behaviour.