Date: Wednesday 8th May 2019
Time: 9.15am - 5.00pm
Location: The Marketing Institute, Leopardstown, Dublin 18
What We'll Cover
Following the key stages of a design thinking engagement, participants will work on a real-life case study to master the skills of creative problem solving, practice the tools and methods used by the world’s most innovative companies and learn how to inspire their organisations to become more human centred, innovative and ready for the future.
This one-day workshop will include:
• Introduction to how the world’s most innovative companies approach innovation
• Understanding the mindset of creative problem solvers
• Empathise – build empathy with target customers and uncover their unmet needs
• Definition – define innovation challenges to bring focus to innovation efforts
• Envision - envision breakthrough ideas through focussed brainstorming techniques
• Validate – prototype ideas to have tangible concepts to validate with customers
• Mobilise - inspire organisations to put design thinking into action
Upon completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
• Use a range of design thinking tools and activities to facilitate design thinking sessions within their organisations
• Understand the methods and techniques to conducting human centred research
• Understand how to synthesise research findings to uncover themes and define innovation challenges
• Facilitate focussed brainstorming sessions within their organisations
• Understand how to validate and test ideas to prioritise solutions with the greatest potential
• Understand how to mobilise and inspire people within their organisations to foster a culture of innovation
Associate Director Strategy & Innovation
Richard is an expert in design thinking, innovation and digital strategy working with boutique strategy and innovation consultancy MCCP. Here, Richard leads innovation and strategy across financial services, technology, retail, FMCG and transport. Richard’s particular expertise is in conducting ethnographic research to build empathy with consumers and in facilitating design thinking sessions to develop breakthrough ideas that transform how businesses serve their customers.
Prior to MCCP, Richard spent 8 years specialising in design thinking and digital strategy working for companies such as Accenture and Irelandia Investments.