Regulation & Governance
This 2-day course has been devised by the Marketing Institute precisely to help give an awareness and understanding of the legal and regulatory environment for digital marketing decisions.
It is hoped that the development of an understanding of the relevant issues will inform digital strategy making and enable better and more meaningful audience and stakeholder relationships.
Any graduate of this course wishing to progress to the MSc in Digital Marketing & Analytics will gain an exemption on that masters degree.
Duration: 7th & 8th June 2019
Location: Technological University Dublin, Dublin 2
Fees: Marketing Institute Members: €585
Non-Members: €850 - includes one year MII Membership subject to meeting criteria
TWO DAY COURSE
The course will take place on Friday and Saturday and run from 9am to 6pm.
LEARN FORM PRACTITIONERS
Exposure to leading and respected marketing practitioners and experts.
A fully accredited CPD qualification at Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by Technological University Dublin
• Who is regulating the Internet?
• Behavioral Advertising Regulation
• Contracts of Sale and Distance Selling
• Data Protection and Privacy
• Data Retention and Storage
• Intellectual Property and Digital Ownership
• Legal versus Self-Regulation
• Online Activism
• Jurisdiction issues
• Governance issues.
What will you learn?
• Understand the privacy and opt-in regulations to be followed in the development of web based communications
• Develop E-Commerce interactions that fulfil the regulations governing Sale of Goods and Contract Law
• Engage in broadcast and narrowcast online communications with an awareness of the consequences of defamation
• Provide a clear data trail and comply with requests for data files, data audits, Freedom of Information, or other relevant disclosure requirements
• Abide by voluntary codes of practice established by relevant industry and professional bodies
• Respect intellectual property and copyright when using online media
• Research further concepts regarding internet information and disclosure policies
• Contribute to policy development regarding corporate presence and influence online
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions apply. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All event and course cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the event/course date. Payment is due in advance. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.