What is the course about?
Design Thinking is an iterative process that focuses on understanding users’ needs, challenging assumptions, and redefining problems. Design Thinkers approach challenges from a human point of view by:
1) Identifying the right delivery tools to build empathy and better understanding of users
2) Thinking creatively and collaboratively to inspire new ideas
3) Testing and validating ideas and prototypes
This module is designed to build the students’ understanding and practical application of the innovative and design decisions that are led by uncovering and empathising with the needs and wants of customers. The focus of customers in the development of innovative products, services, and systems has greatly advanced with the advent of social, mobile, analytics , and cloud-based technologies. Customer led versus product led insights should be integrated early in the innovation process in order to help accelerate adoption and optimise business success.
This module will build the participants competence in applying collaborative, learning, and problem-solving approaches based on deep consumer research and testing. Participants will strengthen their skills in identifying challenges , gathering information, generating potential solutions, refining ideas and testing solutions.
Ultimately, their ability to unlock fresh and unique insights to address unmet customers’ needs will be the key in driving competition and sustainable market advantage.
What will participants learn/achieve?
On completion of this module, the learner will be able to :
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of what Design Thinking.
- Undertake critical application of Design Thinking, demonstrating an appreciation for the link between consumer research and innovative solutions.
- Understand the applications of each of the Design Thinking step, and implement design thinking philosophy to appropriate aspects of marketing practices.
- Critically reflect on current problems, new insights and future trends in developing new product and services and the impact of technology on human behaviour.
Who is it for? Career stage?
- Competency Framework: Career Stages 2,3 &4
- Mid to senior level
- Prospective students will be those looking to step up in the business world.
- Individuals seeking a career changer or are in the midst of a career review, and looking to progress to a more senior level will find this Executive Diploma of real value.
What is the course’s USP?
This diploma module is designed to build the students’ understanding and practical application of the innovative and design decisions that are led by uncovering and empathising with the needs and wants of customers. This diploma is delivered through a blended approach of lecturers, case studies and assignment work. The case studies used on this diploma, along students to stimulate discussions while analysing financial information. This Executive Diploma is a Level 8 CPD Award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and the award is made by Technological University Dublin, a member of the European University Association.
What is the price?
- Member Price: €1,000
- Non-Member Price: €1,300
- Corporate Partnership Training Credit of €500 maximum can be used as payment for this course.
Want to Know More ?
Class will take place on the following days & dates.
- Saturday December 4th & 11th
- Wednesday December 8th & 15th
- Thursday December 9th & 16th.
Assessment for this programme will be as follows
- 60% Group Assignment
- 40% Individual Reflective Assignment
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
4 December 2021,3 hours for each class
Jade Kim & Eadaoin McCarthy
Members €1000 | Non-Members €1300
What will you get?
- A fully accredited CPD qualification at Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by TU Dublin
- An Executive (CPD) Diploma delivered over evening sessions, with case studies, additional self-study and laboratory work
- Exposure to leading and respected practitioners and experts
- Tools and techniques of Design Thinking
- Strategic Innovation Management & Design Thinking
- Design Thinking, Leadership & Organisational Culture
- Design Thinking Strategy
- Consumer Research & Personal Development
- Usability Testing
- Practical Prototyping
- Service Design
- Design for Impact (social impact)
- Industry Challenge
Marketing Competence Framework
- Marketing Strategy
- Corporate Communications
- Customer Centricity
- Commercial Awareness
- Decisions & Judgment
- Project Management
- Communications & Interpersonal Skills
- Developing People
- Team Building
- Relationship Management
Programme Manager, School of Marketing, TU Dublin
Jade Kim is the programme manager for our MSc in Digital Marketing & Analytics. She also teaches our Executive Diploma in Strategic Digital Marketing, where she lectures on Design Thinking & Strategic Digital Marketing.
Jade has has a Masters in Business Administration, StrategicMarketing & Management from Grenoble Ecole De Management. She is currently completing her PhD with a focus on Identity, Change, People and Organisations Working towards or Playing with Identity.
Founder of InsightDesigned
Eadaoin McCarthy is a leading expert & thought leader on insight effectiveness & on becoming an insightful hero. She is the Founder of InsightDesigned , an insights to innovation consultancy, advising brands & start up’s on new product and brand development . She enjoys helping her clients use the right information in the right way to provoke the right actions . This is inspired by combining a unique blend of design and drama methods that unleash creative and critical thinking.
An important note on accreditation
As the professional body for marketing in Ireland, the Marketing Institute recognises the importance of academic accreditation. That’s why we have teamed up with TU Dublin, Ireland’s largest marketing educator, to jointly operate this Executive Diploma programme. Accreditation speaks to a sense of public trust, as well as to professional quality.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions apply. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All event and course cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the event/course date. Payment is due in advance. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.