If you are a marketing professional looking to improve your understanding of financial concepts then this is the right course for you.
With this diploma you will be introduced to the main models necessary for business planning, learn how to critically evaluate financial information and contribute meaningfully to key marketing budget decisions.
The programme will help to emphasise the importance of financial management in a strategic marketing context. Please note, this course is a module of our PgDip in Management and Marketing.
Is it for me?
This course provides you with an understanding of the importance of financial management in a business context. The course is concerned with the analysis and application of financial and management accounting information as inputs into management and marketing decisions. This course will include group work and presentation of a chosen case study
- Breakeven Analysis
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Investment Appraisal
- Sources of Finance for Businesses
- Pricing Decisions and Strategies
- Working Capital Management and Cash Flow
Member Price: €1,590 – Non-Member Price: €1,850
The non-Member Price includes an Annual Marketing Skills Membership (valued at €262), subject to meeting our membership criteria.
What will you get?
• A fully accredited CPD qualification at Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by TU Dublin
• An Executive (CPD) Diploma delivered over evening sessions, with case studies, additional self-study and laboratory work
• Exposure to leading and respected practitioners and experts
What will you learn?
• Understand and critically evaluate financial information
• Contribute in a meaningful way to management and marketing decisions based on the analysis of management accounting data
• Conduct sensitivity analysis of financial projections by means of spreadsheets
• Evaluate alternative sources of finance and assess investment possibilities
• Work effectively in teams to formulate key decisions
Marketer Pathways Competencies
- Strategic Marketing
- Commercial Awareness
- Decision Making & Judgment
- Making a Business Impact
- Organisational Awareness
- Risk Management
- Negotiation Skills
Assistant head of school in Accounting and Finance at TU Dublin
Seán O’Reilly is the Assistant Head of the School of Accounting & Finance at Technological University Dublin, City Campus.
Seán is a Chartered Accountant having trained in PwC and now lectures on the FAE Programme for Chartered Accountants Ireland. Seán also holds an Adjunct Lectureship role in Beijing University of Technology and is a Financial Consultant for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development having worked on a number of projects in Central Asia.
He is also a Non-Executive Director in an Educational Trust for Disadvantaged Youths in the Dublin City. Seán is currently embarking on a PhD in Dublin City University specialising in Entrepreneurial Finance. He has published a number of academic case studies in small business finance using real-life examples of Irish companies. Seán lectures on the MII TU Dublin Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Marketing.
An important note on accreditation
As the professional body for marketing in Ireland, the Marketing Institute recognises the importance of academic accreditation. That’s why we have teamed up with TU Dublin, Ireland’s largest marketing educator, to jointly operate this Executive Diploma programme. Accreditation speaks to a sense of public trust, as well as to professional quality.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions apply. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All event and course cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the event/course date. Payment is due in advance. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.