The Marketing Institute is the professional body for Ireland’s marketing people, in operation since 1962. By becoming a member, you give yourself the ultimate competitive advantage to perform at the highest level – through access to a wide range of practical marketing knowledge, cutting-edge upskill training programmes, and from networking opportunities with marketing peers throughout the country. Membership of The Marketing Institute is a statement of your true marketing professionalism.
Why Become A Member
Enhance your professional profile and gain visibility
- Be listed on our online directory of members
- Use the MMII designation letters after your name on your online profiles
- Feature your professional news and articles on the member news section of our website
- Participate in our member “In Conversation With” series and be featured in our newsletter
Grow your skillset to progress in your career
- Assess your skills and identify gaps with our Marketer Pathways framework
- Address the gaps with our wide range of courses and enjoy a reduced member rate – courses now available online
- Apply for jobs through our career centre
Build your network and learn from your peers
- Join a community of 2,500+ marketers
- Meet other members at our 30+ yearly events – due to covid-19 our events are currently taking place online
- Get access to member-only events
- Hear case studies from Irish marketers at the Marketing Breakfast and enjoy a reduced member rate
- Can’t make it to an event? We make the content from most events available online for members, we now have over 30 hours of webinar recordings available for members.
Always keep up to date
- Gain access to thousands of business and marketing publications with our online marketing library
- Learn best practice and get inspired by browsing past events presentations and videos
- Get must-read marketing content from around the web compiled for you in our monthly Observer newsletter
Who Can Join?
There are two routes to membership of the professional body:
The Qualifications Route:
You need an approved marketing or business degree together with at least 2 years’ professional experience in Marketing;
The Experience Route:
You need to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in marketing management.
In both cases, candidates for full membership must present their credentials as part of the application process.