This 8 week programme, designed by Tony Franco & Richard Oldham, comprises of 3 Core Modules and a final presentation. ‘Marketer Pathways’, MII’s Competency Framework has been developed around three streams, Marketing, Business & People. In order to transition your career to a more senior level you need to focus not only on technical (marketing) skill development, but also Business and People competencies, such as influencing, negotiation, resilience and more. And the Insightful Thinking Programme will do just that, empowering you with skills required for a leadership role. The Marketing Institute of Ireland recently sat down with Tony & Richard and you can read their interview here.
Insightful Thinking should underpin everything we do, from reflecting critically while being rational with clear communications which are powerful. In today’s environment, we are bombarded with information overload, fake news and are under immense time pressure. As a result, bias can creep in, our analysis and outlook of everything we do becomes shaky and arguments can become flawed.
To develop your “Insightful Thinking” means
- Getting to the heart of issues and identifying their underlying causes
- Applying reason and logic to address big challenges
- Knowing where to look for information and how to analyse it
- Translating synthesised information into powerful insights
- Constructing powerful arguments and strong points of view
- Telling thought provoking, persuasive stories
In advance of starting this course, all individuals should submit their own professional real life “issue” to Tony & Richard.
25 February 2021
Tony Franco & Richard Oldham
Price: Member €1590 | Non Member €1850
Module 1- Critical Thinking
- Definitions. What we mean by critical thinking
- How to become a skilled critical thinker
- Getting to the heart of an issue
- How to ask questions more effectively
- How to read critically and interrogate information
- How to develop powerful arguments
Module 2- Data Analysis & Insight Generation
- Sources of information
- Cutting through Complexity
- How to synthesise data
- Frameworks & models for capturing learning
- What we mean by Insight Generation
- Sources of great insight
- Insightful habits & behaviours
- Tools & techniques for general great insights
- How to spot & craft powerful insights
Module 3- Communication & Presentation Skills
- What’s the role of a presentation
- Developing an Executive Summary & Elevator Pitch
- The key principles of great storytelling
- Slides & Visual aids
- Developing a Powerful Presentation
- Preparing to present.
Marketer Pathways Competencies
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Capability
- Change & Improvements
- Action & Results
- Planning & Prioritisation
- Decisions & Judgement
- Organisational Awareness
- Communications & Interpersonal Skills
- Developing People
- Conflict Management
- Negotiation Skills
Tony has been in the marketing industry for over 25 years on both the client and agency side. He’s an expert on innovation, brand strategy and consumer insight. His work has taken him all over the world and he’s had the privilege of working with some of the world’s most famous brands.
He started his marketing career at Nestle in the UK where he spent 8 years in various brand management roles looking after brands such as Buitoni and Nescafe. For 10 years he then worked as a brand consultant for the marketing agency Added Value (now Kantar Consulting) where he became a Board Director of the UK business. He’s worked with many of the agency’s key international clients across a range of sectors.
He’s now working as an independent marketing consultant, trainer and coach based in London. He’s worked extensively with Bord Bia and Irish food and drink brands.
Oldham & Consulting
Richard is a brand development specialist with a focus on helping brands flourish in new ways through sharper insights, richer strategic thinking, and more purposeful creativity.
With more than 20 years consulting experience gathered in top London agencies and working with some of the world’s best-known brands, Richard established an independent consultancy in 2014 “to spend less time in management meetings and more time being stimulated by real client challenges”.
Richard’s work includes brand positioning development; innovation strategy, concept and strategy development, claims strategy and development, creative workshop facilitation, research and insight development, consumer closeness, and marketing capabilities training.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions apply. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All event and course cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to the event/course date. Payment is due in advance. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.