Looking for your next position?
As the professional body for marketing people in Ireland, we help our members lift their career to the next level. We show our members how they can improve marketing performance, elevate their career prospects, and gain a competitive advantage in the profession.
Here are the latest marketing jobs from our network:
Location: Head office, Cahersiveen, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Reporting to: C.E.O.
Skellig Six18 Distillery is one of Ireland’s newest and most exciting Distilleries and is in an exciting phase of development. We have launched our premium Gin in the Irish market and with the opening of our visitor experience in County Kerry in Spring 2020, we will put Skellig Six18 Distillery on the global Whiskey stage. Additionally, we are finalising the design on our Whiskey Distillery plant which will be commissioned in 2020.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Brand Manager to join our team and become part of this once in a lifetime adventure. The work will be varied and challenging and the right candidate will have a passion for excellence and pushing themselves. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the success of our premium Gin (and in the future our Whiskey) and also for the brand related areas of our soon to be opened visitor experience. We are looking for an immediate start for this role.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll be doing:
- Brand Planning: Develop brand plans and support with setting strategic direction for the brand taking inputs from key stakeholders. Identify key consumer insights and brand opportunities to determine priorities for the area
- Brand Commercial Performance: Collaborate with, and influence, the sales team to drive the delivery of net sales and profit. Identify, diagnose and help solve brand-level performance issues and opportunities
- Product Innovation: Work with senior stakeholders and cross-functional teams to turn ideas into products that deliver on brand strategy
- Packaging: Oversee the development of primary and secondary packaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Digital: Develop and manage the social media calendar for the brand and provide leadership in optimising brand awareness online (e.g. via SEO, Google and Facebook Ads strategies)
- Brand campaigns & Events: Champion the development of brand activities and collateral to deliver on the principles of Availability, Visibility and Accessibility for both on and off trade clients
- Visitor experience: Work in collaboration with the visitor experience manager to deliver an exceptional brand immersion converting visitors to brand zealots.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial mindset
- Resilient and dedicated to following through to completion of tasks
- A hunger for learning and self development
- A self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work independently
- Open & authentic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive, upbeat and curious
Desired experience and qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in marketing or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years classic blue chip FMCG marketing experience
- Previous experience dealing with design and marketing agencies
- English language (Fluent)
Skellig Six18 is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. As job duties and responsibilities of the post holder change, the job description may be reviewed and amended as appropriate.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
How to Apply: Please send your CV directly to email@example.com with a link to your LinkedIn profile
Location: Dun Laoghaire, Dublin
Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe. Our trademark is delivering high quality, cost effective services in the municipal, industrial and specialist hazardous waste markets. We offer Total Waste Management and waste-to-energy solutions. Our Waste-to-energy facility in Meath produces electricity to power 22,000 homes annually. A waste-to-energy (WtE) facility currently under construction in Aberdeen.
We take a long view, which is why sustainability is at the core of our business and also our company culture.
This is an ideal opportunity for highly motivated individuals who want to learn new skills and develop in their career with us.
Overview of the role
As the Communications and Branding Specialist, you will be responsible all employer branding internally and externally promoting the company’s sustainable employment ethos, while driving talent attraction and retention initiatives through all digital, social and internal platforms, career fairs, corporate events etc.
You will maintain interactions with all stakeholders to drive communication and branding strategies for both existing and new growth projects. You will be the link with Indaver Group level on Communications policy & strategy and will ensure alignment to our Corporate identity both external and internal across the Ireland/UK region.
The following are core responsibilities of the role, this is not an exhaustive list:-
- To own and actively manage all internal employment branding activities including all communication methods, channels, screens, newsletters, intranet, email etc.
- Planning, establishing and owning the company’s external branding and communications including all Social Media presence, radio, newspaper, etc. maintaining fresh and current up to date content at all times.
- Tracking success of all media channels to ensure value of investment across all platforms used.
- Driving and owning campaigns to promote talent attraction awareness across multiple platforms and channels, e.g. career and networking events, career fairs, university networks and placement programmes.
- Aiding and supporting the talent attraction activities in partnership with the HR team.
- Engaging with all community partners, charities, and network groups etc. on funding, memberships with community groups etc.
- Responsible for the management of all community sponsorship events, representing Indaver at community events.
- Scheduling site tours at our Waste-to-Energy Facilities and coordinating visits internally with tour guide.
- Developing a schedule of industry related Networking events to be represented and attended by Indaver Senior Management.
- Liaise with Group Communication, Marketing and External PR agencies to prepare materials and articles to promote Indaver’s activities and awareness across the region.
- Attend internal project review meetings to remain informed and correctly guide communication & PR agencies on appropriate message.
- Maintaining the Corporate Company identity and reputation in consultation with the Regional MD and company guidelines on Corporate branding, internal, external & crisis communications.
- Spokespersons for the company to external media, press and other Communication/PR firms.
- Contribution to the preparation of the yearly Sustainability Report.
- Defining and managing the regional Communications and Branding annual budgets.
- Developing and maintaining a broad network internally with Regional Management and with Group Communications/Branding, while maintaining external networks to maintain best practice standards for Indaver.
- Plus additional tasks as role evolves.
Required skills for this role
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field essential.
- Candidates should have relevant experience in recruiting, e-marketing or social media promotions.
- SEO experience essential.
- Strong project management skills and Microsoft Office mastery are essential.
- Ideal candidates have experience managing website content and working with Google analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Excellent PC skills, Business systems, and tools.
Our broad range of attractive benefits enable our colleagues to enjoy life at any stage while growing a career path, with benefits such as:
- Competitive Salaries
- Very attractive pension scheme
- Paid Private Healthcare
- Paid family leave
- Increasing Annual leave with service
- Paid Educational, study and exam leave to support further learnings
- Long service rewards
- Tax saver and Cycle to work scheme
- Paid parking
- Death in Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Supporting your work life balance
- Flexibility of working hours
- Physical and mental wellness programmes, influenza vaccination. Fresh fruit, running and sports clubs, social events and more.
How to Apply: Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for this position is close of business 6th April 2020
Still accepting applications
Location: Phoenix Park, Dublin 8
Gaisce are looking for a talented public affairs / communications professional with a track record of achievement to significantly increase the profile of Gaisce – The President’s Award through strategic relationship management, and to oversee the communications and events function within the organisation. As Gaisce approaches its 35th anniversary in 2020, this is an exciting time to join an important national youth organisation.
About Gaisce – The President’s Award
Gaisce – The President’s Award is a self-development programme for young people aged 15-25 which is proven to enhance confidence and wellbeing through participation in personal, physical and community challenges. Gaisce is non-competitive and self-directed: participants set and achieve their own goals with the support of a trained, adult – their President’s Award Leader (or PAL). The Gaisce programme is delivered by over 1,200 PALs working and volunteering in a variety of organisations across Ireland (Gaisce Award Partners). There are three levels of Gaisce – Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Gaisce is a direct challenge from the President of Ireland to young people to dream big and realise their potential. The patron of Gaisce is the President of Ireland and all Gaisce Awards bear the President’s signature and are presented in the name of Uachtarán na hÉireann. Since its inception in 1985, more than 190,000 Gaisce Awards across all levels have been achieved. For more information about Gaisce, please visit: www.gaisce.ie
Reporting to the CEO, the role of the Public Affairs and Communications Manager will be to significantly raise the profile of Gaisce – The President’s Award amongst key stakeholder groups. In addition to creating and implementing a media/PR strategy, the individual will manage a small team, overseeing all communications, events and related activity. A particular focus in the first year will be the implementation of the organisation’s 35th anniversary plan. The individual will work closely with the CEO and Operations and Development Manager and, depending on experience, may be a member of the senior management team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and deliver an ambitious external communications plan that will significantly enhance awareness of Gaisce and the Gaisce story amongst key policy and decision makers across the public and private sector;
- Develop and enhance Gaisce’s relationships with national, local and online media;
- Implement Gaisce’s 35th anniversary plans (opportunity to review and enhance);
- Build and maintain effective relationships and networks to advance objectives of the organisation including with media, C&V/youth organisations, supporters and policy makers.
- Oversee delivery of the organisation’s communication, event and engagement strategies and workplans to agreed targets.
- Manage a small team (currently, Events and Engagement Officer and Marketing and Communications Officer), motivating and empowering them to perform to the best of their ability and in according with the HR policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Carefully manage annual budgets, ensuring objectives are met within budget;
- Work closely with the Operations and Development Manager, supporting the CEO.
- Measure, evaluate and report on activities on a regular basis and as requested.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time, commensurate with the nature of the post.
- Act in the best interest of Gaisce and in line with the vision and mission of the organisation.
Person Specification (E: essential; D: desirable)
Knowledge, Training and Qualification
- Graduate in a relevant discipline (communications, PR, marketing) or equivalent (E)
- Highly IT literate (including MS Office) with strong grasp of CRM software and data management (E) (experience of Salesforce an advantage)
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in developing and successfully implementing communications and/or public affairs, PR or marketing strategies (E)
- Experience of creating, developing and managing key external relationships and/or partnerships (E)
- Demonstrable ability to operate at a strategic level, converting strategies into successful implementation plans (E)
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and influencing skills (E)
- Excellent project management, people management, organisational and planning skills (E)
- Excellent strategic, analytical and evaluation skills (E)
- Data analysis, problem solving and decision-making capabilities (E)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English) (E)
- Experience developing and/or implementing digital marketing strategies (D)
- Understanding of website content management and development (D)
- Experience of organising events, award ceremonies, press launches, press photocalls (D)
- Familiarity with the community and voluntary sector (youth sector a particular advantage) (D)
- Familiarity with the Gaisce programme (D)
Gaisce’s Core Competency Framework
Gaisce has identified six key abilities required across the organisation to ensure the organisation can deliver and excel. These are:
- Personal & Professional Development
- Planning, Scheduling and Delivery
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Communications/Event Team
- Operations and Development Manager / Operations Team
This is a full-time permanent position, following the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period. The annual gross salary offered will be commensurate with experience. Gaisce is open to receiving applications from individuals at various stages of their career and the seniority of the post and an appropriate salary will be determined accordingly. There is a holiday entitlement of 25 days in the first year, excluding public holidays.
The role will be subject to Garda Vetting and reference checks.
The appointment is covered by the Single Public Service Pension Scheme and membership of the scheme will be compulsory for the successful candidate. The role will be liable for the Annual Superannuation Contribution (further details here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c552ee-asc/).
How to Apply:
Applications for the post are by application form only.
Completed application forms should be sent either by email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Public Affairs / Communications Manager’ or by post (marked ‘Private & Confidential, Public Affairs / Communications Manager’) to: Gaisce – The President’s Award, Ratra House, North Road, Phoenix Park, Dublin D08 YD62. Queries can be addressed to the same email address. No late applications can be accepted
Closing dates for applications is strictly 12 noon on Monday 30th March 2020 with a view to interviews being held w/c Monday 6th April.
All applications received within the deadline will be screened against the role requirements and the person specification. Unfortunately, we may not be able to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Gaisce, Gradam an Uachtaráin – the President’s Award is committed to best practice and operates on the basis of equal opportunities. Applications are therefore invited from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Appointment will be based solely on merit and canvassing will disqualify.
Looking to post a job opening?
As the voice of the marketing profession in Ireland, we offer targeted access to marketing professionals and advertising your marketing position on our jobs section ensures you are exposed to the community of senior marketers in Ireland.
This job posting entitles you to free inclusion in our weekly newsletter “Marketing Insider” to over 4,000 members and opt-in subscribers! Job postings are valid for 30 days.
The cost for posting a job opening is €75 for MII members and €150 for non members. Post your job opening by logging in or creating a free account here.
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.