Looking for your next position?
As the professional body for marketing people in Ireland, we help our members lift their career to the next level. We show our members how they can improve marketing performance, elevate their career prospects, and gain a competitive advantage in the profession.
Here are the latest marketing jobs from our network:
Job Title: Assistant Brand Manager
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Overview of the Position:
Comprehensive marketing role reporting directly to the Marketing Manager involving support of the marketing function in all areas including budget management, sales support, NPD activities and liaison with creative, design, PR and research agencies. The role includes a strong design focus including management and approval of branded artwork development (product packaging and POS material) as well as management of all offline marketing communications.
Within the role you will work cross functionally with a number of teams including:
• Sales teams to ensure a target-driven approach for all marketing campaigns
• NPD, procurement, manufacturing and logistics teams through product development and NPD activities
• Creative, PR, design and research agencies in the delivery of marketing strategy and brand objectives
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:-
To act as support to the Marketing Manager, including taking ownership of some projects, in all of the following activities:
• Creative input and co-ordination of all branded marketing material including product packaging and POS material, ensuring adherence to brand guidelines and consistency in marketing communications
• Support for sales team in delivering presentations for key accounts as well as managing Direct Mail campaigns, generating sales support material, co-ordinating trade exhibition participation and implementation of Customer Relationship Management activities
• Liaison with design, marketing, PR, creative and research agencies in order to deliver on brand objectives and drive brand awareness and loyalty throughout the year and in particular during key confectionery seasons
• Negotiate with and manage external agencies and print suppliers to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of materials/creative outputs within agreed budgetary levels
• Manage and monitor marketing, A&P and design budgets in order to ensure cost effective delivery of company strategic and marketing objectives. Includes raising purchase orders, logging purchases correctly on SAP etc.
• Track and monitor competitor activity including pricing and promotion activities in the Irish and UK markets through store checks, liaison with external agencies including Bord Bia
• Present to key trade buyers and close liaison with domestic and export distribution partners in the development and execution of promotional campaigns, as well as the development of POS material, floor stands etc.
• Involvement and input in strategy development and responsibility to act as brand champion within strategy discussions
• Liaison with PR agencies in both Ireland and the UK, including providing timely information on new product launches etc., along with involvement in strategy development and event planning. Managing relationships with journalists and providing product samples and photography
• Drive key brand innovation projects through the NPD process and support PL requirements when needed
• General marketing administration
Skills / Qualifications:
• Marketing degree or Business qualification
• 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role within the food/FMCG environment
• Excellent organisational and administration skills with an ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Attention to detail and proven ability to take ownership of projects and manage them to completion
• Understanding of the big picture and ability to track performance against objectives
• Ability to use good judgement and make decisions with best available information
• Good team player with ability to multi-task, builds relationships internally and externally within the industry
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious individual that strives for continuous improvement
• A strong creative side, which will contribute to the execution of innovative marketing campaigns
• Digital Marketing Experience
• Good commercial acumen and analytical skills
• Strong IT & Numerical skills
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of the business, key responsibilities will evolve & change over time.
To apply: Please send cover letter and CV to the HR manager: email@example.com
PML Group, Ireland’s leading Out of Home advertising and location based marketing specialist, is recruiting for suitable candidates to join the PML Client Service teams at various levels. We are looking for people who enjoy a challenge, are hard working with a strong service ethos, energetic, ambitious and will thrive in a fast-paced, successful, progressive and fun company.
We have an extensive range of blue chip clients across many different categories. Ideal candidates will use all of our tools and resources to plan and build effective Out of Home campaigns for our clients, further develop these relationships, manage budgets, work within very tight deadlines and generate innovative, data- led concepts to form an integral part of their Out of Home campaigns.
Candidates should be:
- Excellent negotiators
- Self-starters as well as team players
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Problem solvers, who can think outside the box and be very solution oriented
- Ability to think strategically
- Organised with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in management of budgets and tracking client performance
- Enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a client face role
- Knowledge and experience of the Irish advertising/media industry would be beneficial but not essential.
Full training on company systems will be provided.
Location: Dublin 2
DEBRA Ireland is an ambitious, patient-led charity with a powerful case for support. The charity is very clear on its vision and mission and is passionate about achievement and excellence. The Head of Fundraising and Marketing role is an exciting role with the opportunity for innovation and growth.
DEBRA is just about to embark on the next 3-5 years strategic plan and the new Head of Fundraising and Marketing will have a chance to direct this strategy. DEBRA has a proactive board led by a strong Chairperson. The CEO comes from a marketing and fundraising background and understands fundraising’s critical role in delivering services that change lives. DEBRA is has an open and positive culture, with a very passionate team and a super loyal donor base.
Current fundraising income comes from corporate, events, individual donations, raffles, standing orders, charity shop, schools, and community fundraising with income doubling in the last four years. Celebrities working with DEBRA include Johnny Sexton, Colin Farrell and Ray D’Arcy.
DEBRA Ireland is the national charity established in 1988 to provide patient support services and to drive research into treatments and cures for those living with the genetic skin condition, epidermolysis bullosa (EB). Our patients who have EB, have skin that is as delicate and fragile as the wings of a butterfly, and just as easily damaged. EB has been described by a Consultant Dermatologist in Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital as “easily the most debilitating and devastating disease I have ever seen.” The condition is extremely painful and leads to disability. Many of our patients who survive childhood face the frightening reality that they could develop a very aggressive form of skin cancer, due to the constant breakdown of their skin.
This is a challenging but rewarding Senior Management position that brings together the major elements of the Marketing, Fundraising, and Communications functions.
The Head of Fundraising and Marketing will provide strategic direction and ensure effective delivery of fundraising, marketing and communications. This role will be responsible for DEBRA Ireland’s relationship with the public to ensure growing levels of financial and non-financial support. There will also be an international element to the role as DEBRA Ireland works closely with DEBRA International in order to put EB on the global clinical and research agenda.
The Head of Fundraising and Marketing will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The position will have a number of direct reports so experiencing in managing a team is important.
To develop & implement an integrated fundraising strategy at DEBRA Ireland and to be an active and inspiring ambassador for DEBRA Ireland’s brand.
Strategy Development and Implementation
• To develop and manage the implementation of DEBRA Ireland’s marketing and fundraising strategy within the context of the organisation’s current preparation of a new strategic plan.
• To contribute strategically and tactically to the future growth of fundraising through ongoing analysis of the market, including regular reviews of fundraising activities, fundraising trends, the external environment and competitor activity.
• To set and deliver on annual financial and non-financial targets & KPIs.
• To ensure there is sufficient balance within the fundraising mix to adequately manage financial risk to the organisation.
• Ensure DEBRA Ireland’s fundraising practices meet all good governance and legal requirements.
• To lead, support, motivate and develop the fundraising team.
• As a key member of the Senior Management team, to contribute to the wider strategic development of DEBRA Ireland.
• To work closely with the Board, accounts department, Patient Care and Research team.
• To set clear examples of excellence and best practice.
Fundraising Operations and Financial Management
• To innovate and bring new ideas to fundraising at DEBRA.
• To ensure there are adequate systems and processes in place to effectively support DEBRA’s fundraising activities, including IT, financial management and risk management.
• To set and manage budgets, with particular focus on cost to income ratio and restricted and unrestricted income. To manage key internal and external relationships with donors, supporters, volunteers, employees and suppliers.
• To work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team to ensure that new funding initiatives are developed which support the work of the charity over the long term.
• At least quarterly attendance at Board Meetings to give updates on fundraising strategy.
Marketing and Communications
• To build the DEBRA brand and ensure consistency across all DEBRA communications.
• To ensure that opportunities across the organisation are maximised to promote DEBRA Ireland’s work to new and existing audiences, encompassing all stakeholders.
• To develop an effective marketing plan including internal communications, digital, media and PR, brand marketing, advertising and print material.
• To make strong connections with people living with EB and their carers.
• To play a part in DEBRA International fundraising and communications strategy. This would include an element of international travel to attend annual DEBRA International conferences and connect with peers in other DEBRA’s.
• To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required to fulfil the duties of this post.
• A flexible approach to working hours – including evening and weekend working as required.
• To attend meetings with funders, prospects and networking events.
Training, Experience and Qualifications
• At least five years senior fundraising experience in a not for profit or sales & marketing experience in a commercial organisation.
• Strong individual giving experience
• Good experience at managing and leading a team
• Very strong CRM capabilities
• Proven ability to build external relationships
• Track record of innovation in fundraising
• Good understanding of digital fundraising
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent communicator that can encourage colleagues in a fast moving environment
• Proven track record of achieving outstanding results in fundraising
• Good understanding of the Irish fundraising landscape
• Proven commercial acumen and self-starter
• Strong influencing and people skills
• Energetic self-starter
• Results driven with a passion for going above and beyond
A competitive salary depending on experience, option of a 4 or 5-day working week, flexible hours, phone, laptop and receipted expenses.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 7th February 2020.
We’re looking for an experienced business communicator to join our marketing communications team to support a number of our practice groups with their marketing requirements.
As part of the wider BD & Marketing team, you will work closely with in-house digital and design experts and will be involved in online and offline collateral, website and video content, social media implementation, as well as award entries, submissions to legal directories and business development activities.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this role presents an exciting opportunity to develop a career in marketing and communications through a wide and diverse range of activities.
A&L Goodbody is a market leader in corporate law. We hire the best talent across all areas of our business to support our work on the largest and most innovative legal matters in Ireland today. Are you up for the challenge to maximise brand impact, effectively communicate our expertise and to promote how we do things differently?
- Co-ordination and execution of Marketing campaigns, including online content and the design and production of marketing collateral
- Co-ordination of submissions to external legal publications/directories that evaluate and rank law firms. Management of these important relationships
- Digital marketing including website and app updates, social media strategy implementation and management
- Supporting the preparation of business development pitches, tenders and presentations
- Liaising with third parties including external PR agency, designers, printers, trade publications and photographers
- Drafting press releases and media communications
Skills & Experience
- Minimum four years marketing experience in a corporate environment
- Recognised marketing or business qualification
- Ability to effectively engage with and influence senior individuals
- Ability to work on own initiative and is proactive
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Motivated, with a flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite
UCD Foundation engages in fundraising and alumni engagement to support University College Dublin in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
To support the work of the UCD Development and Alumni Relations team and to contribute to its ongoing growth and development, UCD Foundation is seeking to recruit an Alumni Relations Manager with a focus on developing and delivering new alumni engagement opportunities that are in line with the overall strategy of the Development and Alumni Relations team. This position is an exciting opportunity for resourceful, motivated, creative, ambitious and diligent individual to join a highly successful team.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Alumni Relations Manager will be responsible for devising and implementing core components of UCD’s strategy for fostering excellent alumni relations engagement that will build and strengthen relationships between the University and its community of nearly 300,000 graduates in order to maximise and deepen alumni engagement with the University.
The Alumni Relations Manager will manage a team responsible for alumni engagement with key colleges within UCD, which will include, engagement events and related communications, involvement in volunteer engagement, and overseeing professional development for alumni. KPI’s will include increasing engagement amongst key audiences; alumni and students across five constituent colleges.
This will involve relationship management and engaging a variety of audiences through collaboration and development of mutually beneficial relationships within and beyond the University. In addition to managing a broad variety of projects and adapting plans to consider the needs and concerns of different audiences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and deliver a strong alumni engagement programme of activity across College of Science, Social Sciences and the Sutherland School of Law. In time this will be expanded to include the College of Arts & Humanities, College of Health & Agricultural Science and College of Engineering and Architecture.
- Deliver an increase in alumni engagement through a programme of events, communications and volunteering.
- Manage a pre-existing programme of mass engagement alumni events.
- Manage a team of direct reports.
- Contribute to, plan and proactively deliver the alumni engagement strategy.
- Manage people, budgets, projects and relationships in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- To liaise with Alumni Relations team members and senior colleagues within the University to ensure that there is effective communication on matters relating to University events and activities.
- To work closely with colleagues in academic departments, University Relations, Careers Advisory Service and UCD Global to develop strategies and implement alumni engagement.
- To work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to develop strong alumni volunteer networks to support student experience, enhance employability of students and alumni, and strengthen the UCD community.
Team Management and Reporting
- Take full line management responsibility of a team of direct reports, (including but not limited to Alumni Relations Officer – College of Social Sciences, Alumni Relations Officers – College of Science, College of Arts and Humanities) by allocating tasks, monitoring progress, motivating, and supporting professional development.
- Work closely across the team on various projects, to deliver the programme outlined above.
- Contribute significantly to the strategic direction and growth of the Alumni Relations team.
- To play a significant role, in consultation with the Associate Director, for developing and implementing the University’s Alumni Relations strategy.
- To help determine the Alumni Relations team’s overall strategic direction and to provide leadership, motivation and support in order to maintain the quality of the team’s output so that the University’s and UCD Foundation’s objectives are achieved.
College Engagement Activity
- Build and develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders across the schools, colleges and units that you will work with to deliver effective engagement strategies.
- Build on the success of the existing alumni and corporate events held at UCD. Collaborate with relevant key stakeholders on delivering exceptional events with a high caliber attendee profile.
- Work with the Alumni Engagement working group to build on progress achieved to date.
- Grow milestone reunions across the colleges and schools
- Manage the Golden and Diamond celebrations with the support of the team.
- Conduct yearly surveys with alumni to increase alumni engagement and use these findings to develop relevant alumni engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the team and from UCD Careers on Career Development and Career Mentoring programmes, supporting the colleges in the delivery, logistics and communications.
- Oversee extensive event management plans for the Schools and Colleges under your remit.
- Work with the Associate Director and other colleagues on identifying key alumni for the UCD Alumni Awards nominations process, preparing reports and documentation.
- Collaborate closely with the Regular Giving team and development colleagues to ensure fundraising is always considered and that we are driving support from alumni, most especially in the area of class gifts at College of Science, College of Social Science and School of Law reunions.
Finance & Suppliers
- Responsible for all relevant budgets and reporting including cost management and monitoring return on investment targets, planning and management of design agencies and event budgets.
- Manage service providers, ensuring that third parties are cost-effective, and budget is always used effectively, with maximum impact.
Data & GDPR
- Work closely with the Information Services team to develop plans to ensure the team gathers accurate and complete alumni details; including biographical and career information of alumni etc.
- Proactively monitor the external alumni relations environment to seek out, develop and successfully implement innovative ideas that contribute to the achievement of the Development and Alumni Relations strategy.
Suitable candidates will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
- Five years relevant experience working as a manager in alumni relations, marketing, communications, event management, stakeholder engagement or fundraising with a track record of achieving results.
- Proven track record of managing a team to deliver key performance targets on time within budget.
- Experience and understanding of Alumni Relations
- Supervisory problem solving. Co-ordinate, analyse and critically access and evaluate information to reach a decision.
- Experience in co-ordinating and critically evaluating information to reach a decision.
- Motivated, flexible and able to use own initiative in a busy working environment.
- Ability to work with others and creatively engage with colleagues and volunteers.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, paying great attention to detail.
- Should be familiar with and understand risks of contracts and SLA agreements.
- Extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar database.
- Highly developed organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills and prioritisation to meet deadlines.
- A degree in a relevant discipline.
What You can Expect from Us
You will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced organisation with an entrepreneurial and inclusive culture where you will be working in a close-knit and collaborative team environment.
UCD Foundation has a structured formal and informal training programme that all staff may avail of.
This is a new role within the team and offers an opportunity to make the role your own with great development potential.
Additional details/ Application process
This role is a 1-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
An attractive remuneration and benefits package are available for this post. Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to Sheila.email@example.com by Friday 17 January 2020. Informal enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be required to prepare and deliver a presentation as part of the interview process.
Note: This Job Description may be subject to change to reflect the evolving requirements of the UCD Development and Alumni Relations Office.
A busy marketing office is seeking to fill the role of marketing assistant. This role is ideal for an individual seeking experience in a busy marketing environment. The position reports to the marketing executive. This role is ideal for a marketing studies graduate. This is a graduate level role with a high level of administrative.
The role of the Marketing Assistant will involve:
• Order processing of the association’s gift vouchers.
• General marketing admin (including, data entry, marketing material inventory and distribution);
• Attend trade and consumer shows on behalf of the Blue Book, Country Houses, Historic Hotels and Restaurants.
• On occasion updating the association’s website.
• On occasion updating the association’s social media channels.
• On occasion assisting with media and press trips.
• Carry out any other duties which may from time to time be required.
Marketing/Business Studies Graduate
Applicants must have:
• Fluent English
• Extremely high attention to detail
• Highly organised
• Excellent communication skills
• An interest in the Tourism/Marketing.
• Must be very proficient in MS Word and Excel
Industry: Marketing / Tourism
Position Type: Permanent
Position Reports To: Marketing Executive
Salary: Salary is competitive
Location: Dublin 2
Starts: February 2019
To apply, please send CV with Cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: January 24th
Looking to post a job opening?
As the voice of the marketing profession in Ireland, we offer targeted access to marketing professionals and advertising your marketing position on our jobs section ensures you are exposed to the community of senior marketers in Ireland.
This job posting entitles you to free inclusion in our weekly newsletter “Marketing Insider” to over 3,500 members and opt-in subscribers! Job postings are valid for 30 days.
The cost for posting a job opening is €75 for MII members and €150 for non members. Post your job opening by logging in or creating a free account here.
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.