We have created our Masterclass series for senior-level marketers looking to take a deep-dive into a specialised topic, to enable you to make insightful decisions and better choices for your business. The series is focused on helping you develop competencies specific to the knowledge, skills and mindset required of senior marketing leaders.
This half-day course is for anyone who wants to make their marketing communications more effective, efficient and accountable. You’ll learn:
- How marketing communications really work – and why most of the things you’ve been taught are wrong.
- How to make them work better – and why most marketers get the balance wrong.
- How to evaluate them properly – and why much research is misleading.
At the end of the session, you’ll have a much deeper understanding of how to plan, measure and optimise marketing communications, and will have a new set of intellectual tools that will help your company to increase sales and profit.
Non-Member Price: €550
Session 1: How marketing communications really work
- How people really make decisions
- How marketing communications affect individuals & groups
- How marketing communications affect buying behaviour
- The role of pricing and promotions
- Influencing distributors and other stakeholders
- How marketing communications affect growth and profit
Session 2: How to make marketing communications work better
- Short term selling vs long term brand building
- Targeting vs reach
- The role of mental availability
- Messages vs emotions
- The role of creativity
- Setting and balancing budgets
- Adapting the rules to your brand
- Media implications
Session 3: How to evaluate marketing communications properly
- Understanding the different roles research can play
- Qualitative research
- Digital metrics
- Econometric modelling
- Big data vs long data
- A balanced programme of research
Les is a world-renowned expert in the field of marketing effectiveness, and has probably won more effectiveness awards than anyone else. In 2014, the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising awarded him The President’s Medal, the highest honour it can bestow, in recognition of his achievements.
Les has written extensively on how advertising works, how to make it work better, and how to evaluate it. In particular, his work with Peter Field has attracted international attention. As Unilever CMO Keith Weed put it, “Les and Peter have made a huge contribution to our understanding of how marketing driver growth and profit for brands. Marketers everywhere should pay close attention.”