It’s an exciting time for us and there’s never been a better time to join the team here at Connacht Rugby! As we begin our stadium redevelopment and with our new stadium naming rights partner just announced, we are looking to transform our commercial footprint. As Commercial Manager, this is a rare opportunity to join the team and effectively contribute to the future commercial success of the club.
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Head of Commercial & Marketing, the Commercial Manager is a key appointment and will be responsible for leading the Commercial Team, which is part of the wider Commercial and Marketing Division. You will be responsible for developing and leading all the revenue generation initiatives of the club derived from areas such as, sponsorship, stadium advertising, hospitality, and Business Club. The role will involve a high degree of relationship management and working closely with other staff and departments to ensure the smooth delivery of partner rights.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the overall commercial and revenue generating initiatives of the club, including our partnership and hospitality programmes and other commercial revenue streams (e.g. Business Club, stadium advertising etc).
- Responsible for the acquisition and retention of key partners and sponsors.
- Manage, develop, and maintain a strong relationship with Connacht Rugby sponsors, partners and benefactors.
- Development of an active pipeline of new business and the identification of new revenue streams for the club.
- Work with partners, sponsors, and the wider commercial team to initiate a step-change in sponsor activities from ‘activations’ to ‘world-class experiences’ that engage and delight.
- Drive the sponsorship communications lifecycle and take responsibility for the development of all relevant sponsorship data, including but not limited to attendances, TV viewing figures, social media awareness and resonance, consumer awareness research, wider market insights and trends.
- Line management responsibility for two direct reports.
Experience and Skills
- 5-7 years’ experience in sales, marketing, or business development-based roles including working for a sponsor brand and/or an agency side role.
- Proven ability managing and developing relationships.
- Demonstrable experience in team management.
- Strong multitasking experience.
- Clear experience in successful operational delivery of partnership rights.
- A degree level qualification in Business, Marketing and Sales is desirable.
Connacht Rugby has adopted a hybrid working model, with a requirement to be in the office approx. three days per week (note that due to stadium redevelopment works, the role will be home based on a full-time basis from May 2024 – approx. April 2025). Given the nature of this role and the requirement to have face to face time with partners and sponsors the successful candidate will need to be based in the Connacht region. The nature of the work is such that some hours may be irregular or outside the norm i.e., during evenings and at weekends (including Sundays).
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the opportunity to be part of our team at this exciting time and you hold the requisite experience and qualifications, please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter supporting your application directly to our retained consultant: