The best marketing leaders are influencers and change-makers. They drive their organisations forward, inspire and guide their teams as they take on complex challenges, and make a meaningful contribution to the business community and society at large.
Starting Q1 2023. Now open for applications.
Contact email@example.com for more information and how you are to apply.
The only one of its kind in Ireland, this trailblazing programme has been specifically designed to propel senior marketing professionals upward in their career, equipping them for senior management roles and giving them the capability to drive digital transformation.
Jointly developed by the MII and Berkeley Global, this one-of-a-kind programme offers global expertise, local knowledge and academic rigour, and has been crafted to help you accelerate your career.
With real-world input from successful Silicon Valley thought leaders, and a four-day trip to discover innovation in action in California, you can be confident you’ll discover and absorb the most cutting-edge trends and insights in technology-driven business transformation.
Discover more about how this programme can help you realise your potential as a marketing leader, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
What will I study?
MII and Berkeley Global have identified the four essential core competencies that empower marketing professionals to lead digital transformation in their organisations. The programme has been specifically designed to give participants a thorough grounding in these competencies.
- Business: Data-driven Business Intelligence
- Marketing: Customer-centric and Technology-conscious Marketing
- People: Organisation and Change Management , Strategy and Leadership
“This course creates a relationship with uncertainty, provides new thinking around how one might get things done, and an opportunity to explore creating a culture of ongoing innovation. Not all of it will work for you, but there is definitely "aha" moments in it for all."
Head of Marketing and CVM SSE Airtricity
‘’Super programme to elevate your marketing leadership skills in a digitally transformed world. Would highly recommend' ”
Head of Communications Strategy, Planning & Digital Operations at William Grant & Sons
“The value of this programme is the opportunity it provides to build relationships with peers across our industry, step back from the day to day and build a perspective on how our roles in marketing are evolving.”
Marketing Director at Lindt & Sprüngli
“There is nothing like this programme for senior marketers to take the next step in business leadership. As well as getting cutting edge digital thinking from Silicon Valley the course challenges you to take that leadership role and demonstrate the impact marketing can have in delivering value to the business. ”
Managing Director at Fresh The Good Food Market
“The MII/Berkeley Global Marketing Leadership Programme was an excellent experience. It provided a welcome weekly appointment to hear from global leaders on top of their game across academia and marketing leaders at the edge of where marketing leadership is moving. The added opportunity to get to know and debate topics with some of Ireland's finest marketing leaders was not only practical and insightful, but has helped build a strong network that I suspect will enduring and provide support to all involved over the years ahead.”
Deputy Managing Partner at Genesis
Previous Fireside Chat Recordings
Change is the New Normal: Designing an Agile Organisation
In this first module of the Marketing Institute of Ireland and Berkeley Global Marketing Leadership Program, senior marketing executives gained key insights into the essential technological trends and unique leadership practices to excel in their roles. This module, “Digital Transformation and Innovation Management,” uses the three MII Competency Framework streams: People, Marketing and Business. Pat Reed, lead instructor of the People stream, discussed how to design an Agile organisation.
Customer-Centric and Technology-Conscious Marketing
For six months, the academic design teams of UC Berkeley Extension and Marketing Institute Ireland have collaborated with thought leaders and experts to imagine an entirely new way of providing senior marketing executives with key insights into the essential technological trends and unique leadership practices in order to excel in their roles.
Maria Gianotti, Head of Revenue at Unbabel, discusses AI automation and customer mining, UX, emerging platforms and data-driven personalized content.
Data-Driven Business Intelligence
In the third MII Global Marketing Leadership Programme fireside chat, Gauthier Vasseur—Business Stream Leader and Executive Director at Fisher Centre for Business Analytics at UC Berkeley—gives an outline and overview of the business stream of this program, which will focus on the leading trends in data-driven management, blockchain communication and adopting AI-driven automation.
How will I benefit from this programme?
- Gain a 360-degree perspective on the role of marketing in digital transformation management
- Access unmatched insight and up-to-date knowledge from best-in-class marketers and experienced business decision-makers in Ireland and in Silicon Valley
- Develop a thorough understanding of critical trends in innovation and management
- Build the skills, knowledge and strategic insight you’ll need to grow as a leader and to steer technology-driven transformation in your organisation
- You’ll meet and learn first-hand from some of the world’s most innovative and disruptive business leaders, including Carlos Escapa, Data AI/ML Global Practice Lead, AWS, Lisa Ho, Principal Project Manager, Menlo Innovations and Freddie Seba, Senior VP, Global Partnerships
- You will also get an introduction to the Business Eco-System of the Bay Area, with the Consulate of Ireland in San Francisco and meet with representatives from Enterprise Ireland, Tourism Ireland and the IDA
- Apply what you have learned to solve a real-world challenge in core Innovation Project
- Fully accredited by Berkeley Global, UC Berkeley
How can I participate?
- Applicants for the Global Marketing Leadership Programme should be able to display one of the following:
- Evidence of experience at a senior marketing management level
- Evidence of past, present and future career progression
- Level 8 or 9 qualification, such as a business/marketing Bachelors or Master’s degree
- A copy of your CV will be required for application purposes
- If you would like to talk about your suitability, please contact us: email@example.com
Partnering for excellence with Berkeley Global
- 1st US Public College
- 4th Best Global Universities, U.S. News
- 5th Public University in the World, Shanghai Ranking Consultancy
- 5th Best Value College, Forbes
Discover Berkeley Global
We are the continuing education school of UC Berkeley and bring Berkeley-quality education to our smaller class sizes. We offer everything you need to succeed: rigorous coursework, guidance from expert international student services staff, and events and activities designed to build strong academic and professional networks.
Our partnership with MII offers us the unique opportunity to work with outstanding Marketing experts in Ireland. We share the ambition to empower CMOs to lead Digital Transformation in their organizations, and we decided to design a trailblazing program that combines consumer-centric marketing with data-driven business and agile leadership.
Associate Dean, Academic Affairs, Berkeley Global
At the MII we are dedicated to providing the best learning opportunities for the current and next generation of marketing leaders. We are thrilled to have developed this partnership and programme, which will be the first of its kind and will see the Marketing Institute of Ireland and Berkeley Global, join together for the delivery of a Global Marketing Leadership.
Director of Learning Solutions