Social Media Advisor
Job Title: Social Media Advisor
Reporting to: Head of Content, Communications and Sustainability
Department: Customer, Brand and Marketing
Contract Status: Permanent
KBC Bank Ireland has been providing banking services in Ireland for approximately 40 years and is part of the KBC Group, one of Europe’s most recognisable financial institutions since 1978. With over 1,000 employees in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Kilkenny, Waterford, Kildare and Wicklow, we are dedicated to creating a bank where the customer comes first –‘The Bank of You’.
KBC Bank Ireland is a core market within the Group along with Belgium, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Bulgaria. A member of one of Europe’s largest banking groups, KBC is committed to delivering a sustainable growth strategy in Ireland based on implementation of a ‘Digital First’ customer centric strategy. KBC Group is an integrated bancassurance group, catering mainly for retail, private banking, SME and mid-cap customers.
This is a really exciting role to join a challenger brand that is shaking up the way consumer’s bank in Ireland. You will be the face of our brand on KBC social channels and dial up our challenger spirit in all communications. KBC are seen by consumers as ‘different”, “setting the trend in banking” and “innovative’ which means you should embrace innovation, creativity and be brave in doing things differently. You will play a vital role in delivering product, brand and sponsorship campaigns for KBC Bank Ireland across KBC social channels.
A results driven self-starter with a high level of energy, self-motivation and attention to detail.
Reporting into the Head of Content, Communications and Sustainability, this role will manage the communications for KBC Bank Ireland in delivering and driving the Social Media Strategy for KBC Bank Ireland.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Manage an innovative external communications strategy that will position KBC as a digital first, customer centric bank within the Irish marketplace.
2. Support the Head of Content, Communications & Sustainability to deliver and manage the Social and Content programmes for key KBCI product launches and marketing initiatives, and develop communications programmes to support.
3. Manage and implement a best in class social media programme for KBC Bank across key social channels.
4. Deliver a content and community (social) strategy that drives channel growth and engagement, enhances KBC’s online reputation and brand awareness and supports business objectives.
5. Monitor and measure KBC’s online mentions under Voice of the Customer programme.
6. Full accountability to ensure that all activities are delivered in line with brand business objectives and within budget.
7. Manage relationships with key external providers and internal stakeholders crucial to delivering required objectives.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- The successful candidate will typically have 5-7 years’ experience within a similar environment.
- Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent.
- Experience managing agencies
- Experience across all social media channels and managing them through a social media listening/publishing tool (such as Hootsuite)
- Creating & managing social media campaigns
- Experience working in the Energy/Utilities/Telecommunications sector would be preferred
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner.
- Strong Customer centric focus.
- Must have a very flexible approach to work and be confident working in a fast moving, exciting environment.
- Be a proactive team player who is motivated by achieving targets.
- Excellent attention to detail required.