Marketing & Digital Media Manager
Job Title: Marketing & Digital Media Manager
Business Unit / Function: Marketing Department
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
CVs To: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a permanent full-time position with day-to-day responsibility for the running of specified marketing and commercial activity, in particular promoting Accounting Technicians Ireland, student and membership propositions and other events. The role also includes the management of ATI’s website and social media platforms.
To develop and coordinate Accounting Technicians Ireland’s annual marketing strategy. To plan, implement and optimise a range of marketing tactics including search (SEO/SEM), display, re-marketing and social media marketing (SMM), advertising, PR & Outdoor campaigns.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Preparing and delivering marketing plans within key objectives
- Working across business functions to deliver ATI’s annual communications plan, ensuring all communications adhere to the organisation’s brand guidelines
- Working with department heads to support the maintenance of a website
- Overall responsibility for management of content on website and social media output for website contributor resources and relationships with website partners
- Working with external online marketing agency to define, implement, monitor and adjust search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns incl. forecasting and allocating given spending budgets throughout the campaign
- Analysing the results of the annual digital marketing strategy to implement constant refinement and optimisation
- Managing the online presence to maximise ATI visibility and user engagement as measured by agreed metrics
- Managing and developing ATI’s Social Media presence.
- Producing regular reports on online traffic and other metrics for key stakeholders
- Planning and preparing email marketing campaigns and regular eNewsletters
- Working with external designers to produce materials of visual impact and within brand guidelines
- Involving key stakeholders at each stage of campaign, and reporting results once completed
- Monitoring competitor activity
- Generating leads for products and services
- Working with external public relations to source both editorial and advertising opportunities
- Liaising with media, printers and publishers as required and managing the production of annual marketing materials such as prospectus, annual reviews, leaflets, flyers, posters and newsletters, including e-newsletters.
- Liaising with Business Development to maximise visibility at annual dinners, graduations, conferences, receptions and exhibitions, including compiling product and literature lists to display or demonstrate.
- Attending key expos to represent the Institute and providing customer service.
The Marketing Department has overall responsibility for growing revenue, increasing market share and contributing to Accounting Technicians Ireland’s growth and profitability. Functions include brand management, advertising, digital marketing, publications, promotion and business development and communications.
The role of the Marketing & Digital Media Manager is cross functional and works closely with the Business Development Manager as well as each of the front facing teams to support business requirements.
A web-based Student and Member Portal system is used to facilitate online interactions with students and members where possible and to log queries submitted by email or through the portal. Social media is used to develop and maintain online communities.
4. JOB BOUNDARIES
SOPs, detailed ISO process flowcharts and annual budgets shape the Marketing Department, which is supervised by the Chief Operations Officer. Within the Department, there is good communication and healthy working relationships between team members.
The organisation provides excellent support in terms of advice on technical, systems, academic information, distribution of workload and reviewing of work. While the Marketing & Digital Media Manager oversees the efficient running of department functions, IT support and reporting tools are also available to assist with reporting requirements and changes or refinements to these requirements can be channelled through the IT department when required.
5. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The Marketing & Digital Media Manager should be educated to degree level, specialising in PR, marketing, media or journalism and/or demonstrate five years’ relevant experience in marketing and/or PR/media.
Highly developed written, verbal, communication, presentation and relationship building skills; Must have experience in managing social media platforms to a professional degree.
Experience of website management and working closely with website developers from design phase through to execution.
Candidates should have a good working knowledge of digital marketing tactics with regard to SEO, social media and content marketing and should be an excellent communicator with strong content creation skills.
Candidates should have good analytical skills and be adept at using Google Analytics to gain insight and measure results.
A good working knowledge of Photoshop or similar photo editing package is essential. Candidates should also have knowledge of HTML and CSS.
The role requires a high level of organisational skills in order to manage multiple priorities at once.