Digital Content Editor
Fixed Term of Two Years
Location: Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Engineers Ireland is the professional body for engineers and engineering in Ireland. With over 25,000 members across the island of Ireland and overseas, we promote and develop all disciplines of engineering by collaborating with industry, educational institutions, state bodies and the public service.
The Digital Content Editor is a full time role within the Marketing and Communications team. This team leads Engineers Ireland’s corporate communications, strategic marketing and stakeholder-engagement. In addition to website management, other team member activities include the Engineers Journal, press relations, social media, corporate events, marketing, sponsorship and partnerships, key publications and public affairs.
Our website (www.engineersireland.ie) is undergoing a redevelopment which will result in a more responsive, dynamic and contextual design. We are looking for a Digital Content Editor to play a key role in the delivery of the new website by creating engaging content that addresses the needs of our customer personas.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative Digital Content Editor to bring their expertise to help deliver a significantly enhanced digital presence for Engineers Ireland.
Overview of the role
We are looking for a resourceful, motivated, forward-thinking and enthusiastic Digital Content Editor with a passion for great customer care. The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent writing skills, be creative and have an enthusiasm for digital design
- Be the content editor of the organisation’s website
- Work with the team to create a positive user experiences on our website
- Produce material for publication, possess excellent writing and editing skills and understand the special considerations for writing for the web
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all stakeholders across the organisation
- Be highly organised and detail oriented
- Provide meaningful performance analysis of our digital campaigns
While you will not be responsible for the full technical aspects of the website, the perfect candidate will have working knowledge of website frontend technologies to find their way around existing solutions, upload daily content with ease, offer simple fixes and implement designs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and upload day-to-day content on www.engineersireland.ie.
- Issue the organisation’s key email communications. Offer your expertise on email marketing best practice to maximise the impact of these emails.
- Proactively work on securing, writing and uploading content for the website.
- Liaise with third parties when required, e.g. current website development companies and chosen website redevelopment firm.
- Guide and assist in the migration of content from the old to the new website.
- Create, develop, curate and maintain the new website’s catalogue of content including overseeing and evaluating the editorial content of all narrative.
- Mange development improvements to the new website; keep abreast and advise of developments in the digital arena; identify new digital opportunities.
- Research, create and upload SEO-friendly content pieces such as blog posts, long-form content pieces, case studies, and other content for our website. Ensure the content is consistent with the company's brand voice, style and tone.
- Liaise with staff and others (including members) to encourage them to write relevant and interesting content for the website; foster relationships with the latter to involve them in any community forum aspect of the new website.
- Support marketing work within the team i.e. in the execution of national marketing campaigns, including campaign tracking, monitoring, and management.
- Administer on a daily basis the web-editor info mailbox.
- Ensure that all activity is measured, analysed and reviewed with learnings taken forward. Accountable for disseminating monthly analytical reports. Regularly report on digital campaigns and contribute, where possible, with recommendations based on performance.
- Participation in special projects and other related duties as a Marketing and Communications Team member as requested.
- A minimum of two to three years relevant experience in a Marketing/Digital team position.
- A qualification in Digital Communications/ Media, or Marketing or PR or Journalism/English or IT/Web.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent writing skills; must have digital copywriting and copy-editing experience.
- Website development and maintenance experience.
- Good knowledge of at least two Content Management Systems and SEO best practice.
- Experience using a content gathering tool such as GatherContent an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of website analytics e.g. Google Analytics and reporting on email campaigns (Mailchimp experience a plus).
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Design/Desktop publishing experience (Adobe Creative Suite) with some evidence showing digital media design.
- Have superb user experience skills and be able to develop wire-frames and write and communicate clear, functional/design specifications.
- Be proficient at planning your own work, to multitask and deliver to tight deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work well within a team environment, with a commitment to quality, accuracy, detail and consistency.
- Strong communicator with excellent collaborative skills.
- Basic video making and editing skills useful - but not essential.
Please apply by providing a CV and letter of application outlining your suitability for this role to:
Donal Hanlon, Marketing & Strategic Projects Principal: email firstname.lastname@example.org
with cc to email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is Thursday 2nd August at 12.00 noon. Any offer made will be subject to satisfactory reference checks.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Applicants: http://engineersireland.ie/EngineersIreland/media/SiteMedia/about/Engineers-Ireland-Privacy-Noticefor-Job-Applicants-25th-May-2018.pdf