The Marketing Institute (MII) is looking for a creative and detail-oriented Events Executive to join their team. The Events Executive will work with the events team, who is responsible for planning, managing and executing a busy events programme for Members of the Marketing Institute and the wider marketing community in Ireland. The purpose of this role is to ensure the business delivers its objective to meet the needs of the membership base through our events programme. Some of the key flagship events include DMX Dublin, Ireland’s largest Marketing Conference, the All Ireland Marketing Awards (AIM Awards), the CMO Summit and the Marketing Breakfast Series.
If you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, pay attention to the details, enjoy planning ahead and working well under pressure, you are a must for this position. As a point of contact for events, you will primarily coordinate with speakers, venues, suppliers, contractors, sponsors and our events partners. Our ideal candidate holds a bachelor’s degree in event management or similar and has successfully worked on a variety of events and has a great deal of self-sufficiency in accomplishing their duties.
- Manage all aspects of the the event planning process, including collaboration with subcontractors, venue management
- Lead and oversee printing and design of marketing materials, event branding and collateral
- Research, curate and plan content for events using latest industry insights and monitoring external trends
- Post-event analysis, budget reconciliations, reporting and presenting recommendations
- Assist in the marketing of MII events to maximise attendance and ROI through email and social media
- Attend MII and industry events, sharing content on social media
- Liaise with external partners such as agencies and events companies
- Sales tracking and reporting on events
- Create and manage event pages on the company websites and social media channels.
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
- 3rd Level Degree in marketing, hospitality, marketing or related areas
- 2+ years’ event management experience
- Interest in Marketing, related trends and research within a business context
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners
- Experience coordinating large-scale events
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Fluency in Mircosoft office and willingness to learn new software applications
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Mailchimp and a CMS system (Teamwork, Your Membership)
- Photoshop or design skills to create visual aids and social media images for events
The office is based in South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18. Easy to commute by public transport as in only a 2 min walk from Central Park Luas Stop.
Full time – Monday to Friday.
09:00am -5:00pm with some flexibility for morning and evening events.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to Marie-Therese Campbell at email@example.com with subject line “Events Executive Application” and indicate your notice period from your current position if relevant.