Digital Marketing Executive
At GS1 Ireland we have a vacancy for an energetic and creative person to join us as a Digital Marketing Executive focussing on the Retail / FMCG Sectors.
Purpose of the Role
As our Digital Marketing expert you will be working alongside our Head of Marketing & Communications to help tell the story of GS1 in a creative and compelling way through our digital channels. This will be achieved through the full spectrum of B2B marketing activities including PPC, social media, email, and inbound marketing.
This is an exciting time to join GS1 as we are about to embark on a new 3 year strategic plan. Our Digital Marketing Executive will play a role in shaping and delivering this strategy by providing data based insights and utilising our digital channels to achieve key strategic objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating content for our website and social media channels, including articles, images, social media posts, videos, etc.
- Search engine management for our website, including SEO, PPC, and link building.
- Creating quarterly email newsletters, maintaining and growing our mailing
- Managing social media channels, particularly LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and
- Supporting the preparation of relevant digital collateral.
- Reporting on our analytics data from Google Analytics, Search Console,
SEMrush, and Hotjar.
- Generating customer feedback, e.g. NPS, customer surveys, etc.
- Maintaining our company website and blog
- Attendance at key industry conferences, awards & other events
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing role with a relevant marketing
- PPC experience with Google, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Social media management experience using Twitter, LinkedIn, and
Instagram for businesses.
- Copywriting ability – experience writing for the web is required, and a flair
for storytelling is an advantage.
- SEO experience with on-page SEO and link building.
- Email marketing experience with an email automation system such as
- Visual Content Creation – experience in light video editing & basic graphic
design. Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop is a plus.
- Data Analytics – experience using Google Analytics and Search Console.
Ability to draw insights from the data is a must. Experience with Hotjar and
SEMrush are an advantage.
- Marketing Automation – familiar with marketing automation tools and lead
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
About GS1 Ireland
GS1 is the organisation behind the barcode found on almost every product sold
in stores across the world. GS1 is not just about barcodes; in fact we offer a
broad range of supply chain standards to help organisations run more efficiently
and effectively. We deal with companies across a diverse range of sectors such
as retail CPG, food, beverage, artisanal crafts, pharmacy, life sciences, medical
devices, and aerospace.
GS1 is a global organisation, with a presence in over 112 countries. We offer the
chance to collaborate with international colleagues and ensure that Ireland is at
the forefront of best marketing practice. Find out more about GS1 Ireland at
www.gs1ie.org. Find us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please download a copy of the full job specification from our website: https://www.gs1ie.org/about/careers/
To apply please submit your CV together with a short cover letter indicating your suitability for the role.
For further information about the role please contact Karen Murphy in complete confidence.
Tel: 01 208 0660
Salary range: €31,000 - €45,000 per annum (depending upon experience)