||Halston Street Credit Union Limited
Marketing & Business Development Executive
(Part-Time, fixed term contract)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a community Credit Union in the vibrant area of Capel Street, with 4,000 members and assets in excess of €11 million, and contribute to its growth and sustainability.
The credit union is implementing an ambitious strategic plan and wishes to appoint a part-time Marketing & Business Development Executive. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the senior management team and report directly to the CEO, in addition to the Marketing & PR Board sub-committee.
The Business Development Executive will be primarily responsible for:
- Development, implementation and project management of a business development strategy in line with strategic plan to assist enhancing loan book and to increase membership base
- Supporting, developing and embedding the business development culture and capacity throughout organisation
- The delivery of associated income targets, in line with the strategic plan, through the development of new business opportunities and growing the range of services available to members
- The control, direction and oversight of the marketing function
- Design and implementation of the business development strategy in line with the Strategic Plan
- In consultation with the CEO and PR & Marketing Committee, develop and agree growth objectives, in line with strategic and operational business goals
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of growth objectives
- In partnership with the CEO, analyse the performance of all products to ensure they are meeting targeted revenue and margin goals
- Develop and promote a business development culture and capacity throughout the organisation
- Provide training to all operations staff to ensure optimisation of front line promotions
- Utilise campaign process management to ensure efficiencies and continually improve the process
- Follow up of and development of new business opportunities / leads
- Liaise with third parties and external agencies to identify business development opportunities
- Drive and grow the range of online services available to members
- Providing feedback, reporting and market insights to the management team and PR and Marketing Committee
- Manage the Community Engagement Strategy and plan
- Co-ordinate new membership strategies
- Develop and roll out an affinity strategy across the large employer base in the common bond
- Undertake a Common Bond review
- Strategic development, oversight and execution of all marketing activities and function
- Identify appropriate marketing channels and tactics that drive growth and generate brand awareness
- Support the strategy of the Credit Union and lead the execution of marketing programmes
- Develop a detailed marketing activity plan of both strategic and tactical marketing initiatives that:
- Engages, acquires and retains members
- Supports revenue and business goals
- Ensure all marketing and communications match up to brands accurately and consistently in all activities
- Manage all external PR related activities and communications to ensure consistency of message
Person Requirements – Experience, Education, Skills and Abilities Required
The Business Development Executive will most likely have a primary degree, preferably in marketing, business or finance and ideally hold further qualifications related to marketing and business.
The ideal person will have an established and proven track record of success over at least three years in marketing and business development – preferably within financial services, banking or credit union sectors.
This position will require the ideal person to have an assortment of strong personal and interpersonal skills including strategic thinking, business and financial acumen, persuasion and influencing, business development, networking, and building and maintaining relationships.
In addition, the ideal person will:
- Be results orientated, and be resilient by nature
- Have strong questioning, listening, and established sales and negotiation skills
- Have demonstrated experience of building strong relationships with customers/members and colleagues and thrive in a team environment.
- Have excellent relationship building and maintenance skills
- Have excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have a broad based experience within marketing and/or sales and business development to help generate a holistic approach to business development within the credit union.
- Be able to build and implement a strategic plan with realistic goals and targets and to ensure accurate forecasting and delivery against targets, timelines and KPIs.
- Be a proactive and enthusiastic person who is social media savvy
- Have a proven business network (within the sector would be an advantage) with ability to self-generate business through daily activity, referrals and/or networking.
- Be able to think creatively, develop, design, or create new ideas, relationships, or products to promote and enhance our services.
- Have awareness of local (within common bond) social responsibility and establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationship.
- Be able to work closely with the CEO and Marketing & PR Committee in particular to agree goals and to deliver results
- Be a self-starter with effective time management and ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- A strong knowledge of the broader practices, procedures, methods and regulations relevant to the financial services and credit union sector would be essential.
- A QFA or equivalent qualification would be desirable. Please note that CPD is required annually for employees dealing with members regarding financial products as per the Minimum Competency Code guidelines.
- Empathy with the ethos and values of the Credit Union is essential, whilst also understanding the challenges it faces and the actions required ensuring continued success in a competitive marketplace.
Salary & Benefits
The credit union will offer a competitive fee for the 9 part-time months contract.
The role is and part-time, 24 hours per week. The role will involve occasional Saturday and evening work to successfully meet role expectations.
The role requires working within the geographical area of the credit union common bond, in North Dublin city centre.
To make a confidential enquiry or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please call Fidelma on 01 8722828 or email email@example.com .
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
Closing date and application: send a CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Tuesday 6 November. Please also include a copy of the Recruitment Privacy Notice and Consent. Candidates may be shortlisted and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in mid- November, weekday evening in a city centre location.