Digital and Employer Brand Lead
Specialism: Clients and Markets
12 month maternity cover
Main purpose of the job
We are looking for a commercial and collaborative Digital and Employer Brand Lead for a 12 month maternity contract, who will work closely with our partners and across teams within our business to develop and excellently execute our employer brand campaigns and lead our digital team.
The Digital Team is an integral part of our Marketing team. It is made up of graphic designers, illustrators and web developers.
There are four key elements to this role: (i) work in partnership with the business to implement our marketing strategy, plans and activities to drive commercial growth and enhance our brand; (ii) lead the development of the firms internal employer brand campaigns in collaboration with our HR team and bring our values and our people proposition to life (iii) collaborate with team members across Clients and Markets to successfully execute best in category integrated marketing campaigns; (iv) lead and develop a team of graphic designers and web developers to reach their full potential.
The role requires a senior marketing professional with the ability to develop effective marketing plans, influence at senior level and collaborate and lead a team to successfully deliver.
Strategy and planning
Work with the Head of Marketing to build and execute a marketing plan that will support the firm’s objective of being the leading professional services firm in Ireland with a specific focus on key areas for growth. The plan should support the delivery of commercial objectives and re-establish a strong lead over competitors from a market share, revenue generation and reputation perspective.
- Work collaboratively with the HR team to develop clear communications strategy for Graduate recruitment, Summer Interns and Experienced Hire.
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategy to ensure that the PwC website is best in class with regard to user experience and search visibility.Lead the implementation and development of creative assets and web design to support the firms’ engagement with clients and potential employee’s.
Delivering best in class Employer Brand campaigns
- Working collaboratively with the wider Clients and Markets team (content, media relations, sponsorship, events, research, client feedback, and CRM and business development) and third party agency partners, the role-holder will have primary responsibility for developing and implementing integrated campaigns to support our ambition to be an employer of choice.
- With a strong knowledge of all marketing disciplines, the role holder will continuously seek to improve and innovate the execution of activity in order to increase effectiveness and drive efficiencies.
Delivering best in class creative and developing a best in class website
- Working collaboratively with the wider Marketing team, the role holder will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of best in class creative assets and a user experience that elevates our activation of campaigns.
- With a strong background in campaign and project management, the role-holder will ensure that activities across the team are delivered according to the brief and on time.
- Measuring, reviewing and optimising the effectiveness of the website through data and analytics to drive increased user engagement levels.
Partnering with the business
- Challenge and influence business stakeholders to develop marketing plans with clear objectives and ensure that the production versus return on investment ratio is proportionate.
- Act as an ambassador for Clients and Markets in the firm, deputy for Head of Marketing (where appropriate) and as people leader in the Clients and Markets team.
- Lead a team of graphic designers and web developers to consistently deliver the highest quality deliverables.
- Ensure team members have specific measurable objectives aligned to the marketing strategy with robust personal development plans in place. Proactively support team members to improve their personal effectiveness and support them with their career development goals.
- Enhance the operational effectiveness of the team aligning all work with strategic priorities and key business/ commercial KPIs.
Line Manager: Reporting to Head of Marketing
Number of reports (if applicable): 5 FTEs
- Relevant third level qualification in Marketing/Design or UX and at least 7 years’ experience of creating campaigns and leading creative teams.
- Proven track record of
- Commercial achievement in proactively managing complex B2B marketing programmes across multiple channels within tight timeframes without compromising on quality.
- Experience of developing recruitment or employer brand campaigns would be advantageous.
- Translating strategic priorities into operational plans, demonstrating clear thinking and strong decision making skills
- Proven experience of running a large multi-media/ design or web process. Experience in UX, digital media, branding and corporate identity.
- Managing concurrent programmes of work, maintaining quality of deliverables within challenging environments
The candidate will display as many of the following skills as possible:
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of marketing.
- Strong design skills (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Flash etc). Knowledge of Premier, Edge, After Effects, HTML and CSS would be a bonus.
- Strong commercial and strategic skills.
- Strong process/project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage and art direct multiple projects simultaneously. Demonstrated ability to conceptualise and visually describe business content.
- A natural communicator with the ability to forge strong relationships and influence and/or challenge stakeholders to win support to deliver the most effective work possible.
- Ability to work and lead a cross-functional team in a complex environment.
- Commercial curiosity is critical for this role. Must be willing to invest time understanding and exploring the tax, assurance and advisory issues facing our clients.
- Strategic decision maker with the required credibility and presence to engage with, challenge and influence senior stakeholders.
- Passionate about driving change and delivering continuous improvement to incorporate best practice from other industries and deliver best in class work.
- Attention to detail, eye for design and a passion for delivering high quality work.
- Open to new ideas. Always looking to drive change and improvement towards best practice.