Marketing and Internal Communications Lead
Specialism: Clients and Markets
Main purpose of the job
We are looking for a commercial and collaborative senior Marketing Campaign Lead who will work closely with our partners and across teams within our business to develop and excellently execute marketing plans aligned to the marketing and business strategy to enhance our brand and generate leads.
There are four key elements to this role: (i) work in partnership with the business to co- develop our marketing strategy, plans and activities to drive commercial growth and enhance our brand; (ii) lead the development of the firms internal communications strategy to support the delivery of our 2020 strategy and bring our values and people proposition to life (iii) collaborate with team members across Clients and Markets to successfully execute best in category integrated marketing campaigns; (iv) lead and develop a team of campaign and internal communication managers to reach their full potential.
The role requires a senior marketing or communications professional with the ability to develop strategic plans to generate commercial returns, influence at senior level and collaborate and lead a team to successfully deliver.
Strategy and planning
- Assist the Clients and Markets Lead and the Head of Marketing to build, develop and evaluate a cohesive marketing and internal communications strategy to successfully deliver the firm’s growth objectives.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to build and execute a marketing plan that will support the firm’s objective of being the leading professional services firm in Ireland with a specific focus on key areas for growth. The plan should support the delivery of commercial objectives and re-establish a strong lead over competitors from a market share, revenue generation and reputation perspective.
- Lead the development of the firm’s social media strategy to support the firms engagement with clients and potential employee’s.
- Lead the development of an Internal communications communications plan to ensure that our people are fully understand our business strategy, the part they play in delivering it and the progress they’re making towards achieving it.
- Lead the development of an internal communications communications strategy that mobilises our people to deliver growth in the firm’s priority areas, whilst ensuring input and engagement from leadership, HR and the wider firm.
Delivering best in class campaign executions
- Working collaboratively with the wider Clients and Markets team (content, media relations, sponsorship, events, research, client feedback, and CRM and business development) and third party agency partners, the role-holder will have primary responsibility for developing and implementing integrated campaigns to drive commercial targets for business units, support engagement with clients and enhance the brand.
- With a strong knowledge of all marketing disciplines, the role holder will continuously seek to improve and innovate the execution of activity in order to increase effectiveness and drive efficiencies.
- Working collaboratively with our Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist the role holder will develop marketing campaigns and plans that are designed to enhance our engagement levels with clients and potential employees.
- With a strong background in campaign and project management, the role-holder will ensure that activities across the team are delivered according to the brief and on budget.
Delivering best in class Internal Communications
• Work collaboratively with the Internal Communications Manager, Leadership team and HR to excellently execute the delivery of the internal communications plan and continually seek to improve engagement levels.
• Work with the Internal Communications Manager, Leadership and HR on an annual communications programme to drive people engagement and support our ambition to be an employer of choice.
• Develop communications strategies to support key organisational change initiatives and other high-impact announcements.
• Measuring, reviewing and optimising the effectiveness IC through analytics and feedback to drive increased employee engagement levels. Provide data-driven insight and recommendations to leadership.
Partnering with the business
- Build and maintain relationships within key business leaders and their teams and act as an ambassador for the Clients and Markets team.
- Challenge and influence business leaders to develop marketing propositions, best in class thought leadership and increase the effectiveness of our marketing activity.
Act as an ambassador for Clients and Markets in the firm, deputy for Head of Marketing (where appropriate) and as people leader in the Clients and Markets team.
- Lead a team of campaign and internal communication managers.
- Mentor, develop and lead a best in class team to consistently deliver the highest quality deliverables externally and internally.
- Ensure team members have specific measurable objectives aligned to the marketing strategy with robust personal development plans in place. Proactively support team members to improve their personal effectiveness and support them with their career development goals.
- Enhance the operational effectiveness of the team aligning all work with strategic priorities and key business/ commercial KPIs.
Line Manager: Reporting to Head of Marketing
Number of reports (if applicable): 3 FTEs
- Relevant third level qualification in Business/ Marketing and at least 7 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role, ideally within a large corporate organisation
- Proven track record of
- Commercial achievement in proactively managing complex B2B marketing and/or communications programmes across multiple channels within tight timeframes without compromising on quality
- Translating strategic priorities into operational plans, demonstrating clear thinking and strong decision making skills
- Manage concurrent programmes of work, maintaining quality of deliverables within challenging environments
- Drive high standards for individual, team and organisational accomplishment and deliver desired results
- Work flexibly and adjust easily to changing business needs
- Working with external advertising, design agencies to develop and produce online and offline communications collateral.
- Demonstrable expertise in supporting organisations to transform and innovate their external and internal communications approach
- Demonstrate adaptability and the ability to maintain a clear focus on the consistent delivery of business strategy and requirement
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders to develop and enhance business growth strategy and in aligning the focus, plans and activities of the marketing team to meet it.
- Experience in leading and developing high performing teams with excellent levels of engagement and collaboration working in a fast paced environment.
- The candidate will display as many of the following skills as possible:
Excellent understanding of all aspects of marketing and communications.
- Strong commercial and strategic skills.
- Proactive, results focused and capable of managing multiple projects and people to consistently deliver to tight deadlines.
- A natural communicator with the ability to forge strong relationships and influence and/or challenge stakeholders to win support to deliver the most effective work possible.
- Excellent people, communication and relationship-building skills with track record of driving high performing, collaborative and engaged teams.
- Commercial curiosity is critical for this role. Must be willing to invest time understanding and exploring the tax, assurance and advisory issues facing our clients.
- Strategic decision maker with the required credibility and presence to engage with, challenge and influence senior stakeholders.
- Passionate about driving change and delivering continuous improvement to incorporate best practice from other industries and deliver best in class work.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude. Driven, resilient and determined to meet challenges head on.