Director of Client Management
McCann FitzGerald is one of Ireland’s premier law firms, operating both in Ireland and internationally through its offices in London, New York and Brussels.
We provide the highest quality legal advice and representation to our clients, principally in the corporate, financial and business sectors.
We are now looking to recruit a Director of Client Management, a senior hire for the firm reporting to the Managing Partner and a member of the senior management team. The main purpose of this role is to ensure we continue to be relevant to our key audiences by identifying opportunities to work together with our clients and contacts so as to help them grow, strengthen and protect their businesses and in so doing progress their organisational goals.
The ideal candidate will be a senior strategic business development person, ideally from a professional services firm, with a strong track record of working with clients, understanding their requirements and designing and delivering solutions that address the key issues facing them today.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Managing Partner to design the firm’s key strategic client objectives;
- Work with our client teams to identify opportunities for clients and to progress them;
- Develop client strategies and plans that provide the firm with opportunities to broaden our reach with our clients, particularly as we continue to develop new products and services;
- Liaise closely with our digital business, Legal Technology Solutions Ltd, so as to provide an integrated solution to the client’s requirements - including identifying the digital or other client services that are needed to meet client demands (including Knowledge services);
- Work with the firm’s senior leaders to encourage, coach and support the partners and associates in developing the business, specifically in identifying appropriate targets and in executing their business development plans;
- Establish policies that promote desired BD/ Client culture and vision and work with relevant stakeholders to implement;
- Form part of the team that, following significant investment in our brand, will create a differentiated experience for our clients and one that reflects the brand promise in action;
- Produce regular management information and value-added service reports; and
- Other bespoke and strategic projects from time to time.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive business development and client relationship experience, ideally gained in a professional services environment;
- Outstanding communicator who is able to present formally and informally, internally and externally to an exceptional standard;
- A high degree of commercial acumen;
- Experience of successfully introducing and developing key client relationship progammes and direct exposure to clients as part of a client development programme;
- A long-term perspective on building relationships with clients and contacts, along with demonstrable evidence of delivering tangible value to them;
- A decisive project manager with an authoritative leadership style – inviting consensus, but prepared to back their own judgment where necessary;
- An acute degree of discretion and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential data; and
- An ability to work collaboratively with client teams within your organisation.
The successful candidate will have a third-level qualification, ideally in a business and/or legal discipline.
Applications are made through email and should be accompanied by a full curriculum vitae and sent to Liz.Giltinane@McCannFitzGerald.com
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion for more information, please contact Liz Giltinane on 01-511 1552.