Account Director/Associate Director – Public Affairs
With 6,000 people in 66 offices worldwide Edelman is the leading global communications firm helping organisations evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Since Edelman was founded in 1952, we remain an independent and family-owned business.
We are recruiting at Account Director or Associate Director level, dependent on experience, to join our growing Public Affairs team. The successful candidate will have an approach to public affairs and strategic counsel that reflects a fundamentally changed communications, social, political and business environment in Ireland and globally. They will have a track record of achieving strategic business and organsational outcomes enabled by a dynamic, transparent and innovative approach to public affairs. This person will be a hands-on leader responsible for a portfolio of accounts, with the ability to effectively manage budgets and teams and the capability to think and apply solutions quickly.
The successful applicant will:
- provide deep and broad insights into current political thinking, legislation and policy;
- demonstrate an understanding of current societal trends, their relationship with politics and the potential effects on client’s business outcomes;
- maintain sustainable and authentic relationships with key decision makers in Government, business, media and society;
- provide senior clients with clear, confident and well-informed strategic counsel;
- work with research, planning, creative and digital teams to develop and implement innovative public affairs programmes;
- develop high-quality strategy, analysis and positioning documents, messaging and press materials;
- partner with clients in managing crises and work with them over time in preventing them;
- write public affairs plans, RFI / RFP proposals and take on a key role in new business generation;
Candidates with experience of working in the following areas will be considered for this role:
- within the Public Affairs industry, either in agency or in-house;
- within Government, the Oireachtas, political parties or the civil service.
Applicants should email their CV and include cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 3rd May.