PR and Publications Executive
Responsible to: Marketing and PR Manager
Place of Work: Based in the National Concert Hall (NCH) in Dublin but is expected to attend events, meetings and briefings, as appropriate, wherever there is expected to be an NCH presence.
Hours of work: 41.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Additional Hours: Attendance at National Concert Hall performances, events and meetings outside office hours.
The post sits within the NCH’s Marketing and Communications Department which brings together communications, marketing, audience development, online/digital, public affairs, information, media and press and publications for all areas of NCH activity.
The PR and Publications Executive works with the Marketing and PR Manager and other team members in developing and implementing strategy to significantly increase and maintain the NCH’s profile in Ireland and internationally and to integrate communications activity across the organisation as a whole.
The overall purpose of the role of PR and Publications Executive is to continue to enhance the profile of the NCH brand promise and market position as Ireland’s National Cultural Institution for Music, in line with the National Concert Hall Strategy 2015 -2020. This includes powerfully communicating the NCH’s objectives, programmes and all related activities to key audiences as well as engaging and involving stakeholders, partners and staff.
The Publications and PR Executive supports the marketing and PR function within NCH to ensure audience targets and income are achieved and to identify opportunities for brand awareness. This role carries specific responsibility for creating, developing and publishing content for online and offline channels.
The following will be carried out under the supervision and guidance of the Marketing and PR Manager:
- To work closely with other team members and departments across the NCH in pursuit of Marketing and Communications Department objectives.
- To establish and maintain excellent relationships with NCH stakeholders including audiences, external promoters, press/media, online influencers, partners and visiting artists in support of sales activity.
- To create and deliver marketing/campaign plans where appropriate for NCH events
- To generate and edit content for online channels and offline publications across all areas of NCH activity.
- To work with media partners, third parties and funding partners to generate relevant copy, content and coverage
- To assist on agreed special projects within the Marketing and Communications Department, and for other departments as required
- To manage and work within all allocated budgets, advertising spend, PR and marketing for allocated projects as directed by the Marketing and PR Manager
- To create relevant and readable copy for advertorial on print, radio and online
- To input into the digital content strategy to include the production of podcasts, authoring of articles and sharing of content
- To contribute to work processes and improvements on an ongoing basis related to marketing and communications
- To contribute to organisational targets in NCH income, profile, coverage and brand reputation.
Key Tasks and Role Activities
- To generate, edit and co-ordinate copy for publications, concert programmes, press releases and communications relating to concerts at NCH for online and offline platforms
- To develop and create copy for the NCH website to incorporate more accessible language
- To collect and collate relevant press and marketing material for visiting artists and to disseminate as appropriate
- To plan, organise and execute PR plans to generate media coverage in line with plans agreed by the Marketing and PR Manager
- To manage photocalls and artists’ PR obligations
- To organise media and visitor days
- To liaise with members of the Marketing and Communications Department, and the wider sales team, to identify and execute appropriate marketing support for their individual areas
- To prepare information for direct mailing, working internally with colleagues in relevant Departments working within the scope of current practice and legislation. To liaise with external agencies as required in delivery of same.
- To provide creative briefs and copy for the Design Department and to collaborate on the successful completion of all printed marketing collateral
- To support social media platforms including ad and content schedules
- To ensure all job activities are carried out in a manner that is professional and reliable and in accordance with the overall policies and strategies of the NCH.
- In collaboration with the Marketing and PR Manager, to maintain knowledge of the Irish music, culture and arts industries to brief colleagues on any changes in arts marketing/communications/digital industry legislation/union agreements pertinent to this area of the NCH’s activity
- To maintain accurate and effective records and to analyse and report on activity as and when appropriate
- To carry out other duties as requested by the NCH’s Marketing and PR Manager
- To maintain the NCH’s high standard of customer care across all areas of organisational activity
- To use IT and digital applications to service the post’s administrative needs
- To work towards the achievement of the NCH’s organisational goals
- As the post-holder may be the first point of contact for many external organisations, and individuals he/she is expected to remain up to date with, and aware of, developments within the NCH and its work.
- As the post requires handling, processing and recording of restricted information, confidentiality is required to be maintained at all times
The National Concert Hall (NCH) is looking for someone who is passionate about writing, editing, promoting and publishing. In this exciting role as PR and Publications Executive, you will be creating, developing and publishing content for all channels to provide support for our significant schedule of concerts and education activity. You will play a key part in building audiences and awareness of the NCH brand. You will thrive on challenges and have a strong desire to ensure that PR and marketing makes a notable difference within the organisation.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with a proven ability in all aspects of PR. Excellent editing, copy writing and written communication skills are essential with strong administration and organisational skills and good team working ability also required. The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively and will need to be flexible willing to turn their hand to any task. An understanding and interest in music is desirable as is business awareness and the ability to multitask. A recognised third level qualification in marketing/communications is essential.
If you are this person, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send letter of application and CV (no more than 2 pages) referencing PR and Publications Executive, to email@example.com before 8th May 2019.
This is a full-time pensionable post based on the NCH AE scale, commencing on the first point of the scale at €34,364.
The National Concert Hall is an equal opportunities employer.