Reporting to: Deputy Chief Executive Commercial (DCEC) & Marketing Manager
An exciting sponsorship role is now open for a proactive individual who will work in generating and activating sponsorship partnerships for the annual Dublin Horse Show and the RDS Main Arena. The role requires an energetic and highly organised individual who works well on their own initiative, as well as being an excellent communicator and team player. Key responsibility will be to generate revenue through sponsorship for both areas above and manage/ activate existing partnerships.
This role is for an individual who excels in relationship building, account management & sponsorship sales with a proven ability to influence a wide range of people including senior management, sponsors and others. You will be able to demonstrate your commercial drive and know-how in price setting, negotiation, closing sales and managing sponsors once contracted. It is very important that solid lasting relationships are formed with our sponsors.
1. Identify and secure new clients across the various sponsorship tiers and responsible for planning and managing the sponsorship budgets, with DCEC.
2. Meet and maximise sponsorship revenue targets for the Dublin Horse Show and the RDS Main Arena, and other RDS assets that may require sponsorship.
3. Identify growth areas for new sponsorship products & opportunities.
4. Account management and activation of existing partnerships.
5. Maximise communications and marketing opportunities for both the RDS and the Sponsor.
6. Day to day management of new and existing sponsors, to include marketing/digital support for new and existing sponsors.
7. Work closely with internal RDS teams including marketing and communications teams on various projects.
8. Participate in any other RDS projects, events, activities or duties in line with the business objectives of the Society and as directed by the DCEC, Marketing Manager and/or Chief Executive.
Strong presentation skills as you will be presenting regularly to senior stakeholders both internally and externally;
Excellent communication and writing skills;
Strong Influencing and negotiation skills;
A strong problem solver and ability to work calmly under pressure;
Strong work ethic, proactive and ability to work on own initiative;
Ability to work competently as part of a team and independently.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in securing sponsorship revenue and partnerships or involvement with account management and revenue generation with key clients/sponsors;
Proven track record of winning new business; closing sales and successfully account managing existing clients, with a keen focus on negotiating and being able to manage and influence internal and external stakeholders;
Digital marketing experience is highly desirable.
- Degree in sales / business or marketing/communications/event management.
The role will require flexibility to work outside of normal office hours when required.
If you believe you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise to successfully carry out this role, this could be just the job for you. To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. By Post address to: Sponsorship Co-ordinator Vacancy, Human Resources, RDS, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Closing date: 24 May 2019