Real Nation is a behaviour change agency, based in Dublin, specialising in bespoke experiential, events and educational campaigns.
We are at a very exciting and pivotal time in our development, which gives anyone joining our team huge potential to grow. We pride ourselves on nurturing and promoting our employee’s talents and strengths.
Head of Events & Experiential
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to become our Head of Events & Experiential.
Reporting to the COO, the role requires the successful candidate to manage and develop the overall growth and operation of our Events and Experiential offering.
If you are interested in joining a fast paced, fun and exciting environment, are experienced, grounded, good with people, can run events and activations in your sleep and have a desire to take the next step in your career and lead from the top … read on.
Events & Activation
· Overseeing the development and management of wide range of event and brand activations across a range of clients
· Maintain exceptional relationships with all clients by continually delivering excellent client service
· Ensuring all key aspects are planned and executed (e.g. design, compliance, production, logistics, operations, staffing, aesthetics, H&S, etc.)
· Ensure work is delivered on time and to an excellent standard across all projects
· Staffing up or bringing in specialist staff when and where required
· Ensuring operational efficiencies across the Events & Experiential team
· Managing, overseeing, motivating, mentoring and developing the team
· Appointing appropriate roles or ownership to the events and experiential managers
· Ensuring the operations are fully equipped and resourced to deliver against all project commitments
· Ensuring Experiential & Event projects follow and adhere to company policies and procedures
· Conduct weekly efficient department wide meetings with key accountable actions
· Manage both office and site staff to ensure the company reputation is upheld
· Liaise regularly with the COO and Department Heads to keep cross department projects on track
· Overseeing projects, activations and events, and making sure that they are on track and on time
· Provision of Department financials each month
· Management of key accounts or flagship events
· Ensure staff provide accurate reconciled budgets allowing creation of a detailed monthly department budget
· Devising new event concepts
· Recruitment of new clients
· Existing Client Management
· Writing and development of proposals, tenders and quotations for prospective clients (in conjunction with COO)
· Ability to provide clear and concise briefs for designers, developers, promotional staff and suppliers
· Identify opportunities for upselling and cross selling.
· A logical, grounded thinker
· Excellent communicator & people management skills
· Ability to generate business
· Experience or deep understanding of all aspects of event management (especially production) and brand activation
· A leader and team player
· Strategic thinker
· Strong budget and financial management skills
The candidate will also have:
· Proven track record of business development, & sourcing of new clientele
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar senior role in an Events or Experiential Marketing Company
· Strong, credible and assertive communications skills – at all business levels
· A proven ability to constantly drive and challenge commitments and standards of delivery, quality, continuous improvement and cost effectiveness
· An ability to stay focused on critical priorities under demanding and dynamic delivery commitments.
· An approach to problem-solving in a timely, constructive and methodical manner
· The focus & drive to implement sustainable and scalable process improvements
· Excellent organisational, analytical and influencing skills
· Ability to work well in a cross functional team environment or independently
· Flexible, adaptive and responsive attitude
· Ability to manage, motivate and mentor a growing team
· Dynamic & energetic personality
· Excellent general office IT skills
· Excellent Microsoft suite skills