Defining and planning the development actions that could accelerate development towards a new role.Identify the key experiences that will help the future move. The 70:20:10 model will underpin development action plans.
This model identifies six key sources of growth:
1. A more challenging job.
2. A development task while in current job.
3. Role models, coaches, mentors.
5. Courses and readings.
6. Personal learning.
What have your own experiences been?
These six fall into three categories:
- 70: Learning from experiences (projects, assignments, development moves etc.).
- 20: Learning from others (feedback, coaching, mentors, and role models).
- 10: Learning from instruction (formal courses, reading etc.).