Welcome to The Marketing Institute’s terms of service. These are the terms of service which govern the access and use of this site and all transactions made with The Marketing Institute of Ireland.
Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to The Marketing Institute. This website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices as outlined within these terms.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing, using or purchasing a service through our website. By accessing or using any part of our site and/or purchasing a service we provide, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any of our services. These terms of service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation to users who are browsers, vendors, members, customers and contributors of content. The terms of service as outlined for this site, apply to all technologies used to access this site.
The following sites are covered under this ‘terms of service’ agreement:
Any new articles, features, resources, tools or services which are added to the current site shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
From time to time, The Marketing Institute may alter these terms of service for commercial, practical and legal reasons. We reserve the right to update or change the terms of service. Any changes are effective immediate as from the date they are posted unless otherwise specifically stated. Your continued use or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes. These terms of service shall govern your use of our website, and by accessing The Marketing Institute site, you agree to be bound by the terms of service of the site.
Accordingly, if you disagree with these terms of service or any part of these terms of service, you should not use our website.
REGISTRATION & CONTRIBUTION
If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms of service.
Some areas of the site require that you register your details with us or sign in using your Member details. By registering and entering your details, you agree:
- The information you have provided is true and you have provided your correct name, email address and correct personal information
- You have not impersonated another person
- Your registration and password details are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access the site
- You will not permit or allow any third party to make use of your registration details to access the site
- You will not impersonate another user or interfere with the operation of the site
- You shall make us aware of any unauthorised use of your personal details by another party immediately
If you would like to cancel or terminate your registration, you must send an email to email@example.com
We reserve the right to suspend your access and/or usage of the site if we believe that there may have been a breach by you or another third party of these terms of service.
ACCESS & USE OF OUR CONTENT
You acknowledge and irrevocably accept that The Marketing Institute is the owner of all content of the site, including copyrights, trademarks and logos. When attributing any articles reports or others, The Marketing Institute must be accredited at all times.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH OUR CONTENT
Content for the site that does not need a log-in on any of the websites associated with these terms of service may be downloaded, printed, forwarded, stored or copied for your own personal use. Content that is available exclusively to registered users of the website is strictly not allowed to be shared and is to be used solely by the individual who has access. For content available without signing in, this can be shared, however appropriate authorship and origin on content needs to be adhered to. In the case that you are sharing a piece of content that is written by an author other than The Marketing Institute, both parties must be credited e.g. by John Smith, originally published by The Marketing Institute.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH OUR CONTENT OR WEBSITE:
- You cannot reproduce, republish, modify or commercially exploit any content
- You cannot use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity
- You cannot use any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation to scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website
- You cannot use data collected from our website for any marketing activity unless for personal or professional connections with specific individuals
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading
PUBLISHING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whether as an author, contributor or through comments or other, you agree:
- Any content submitted by you is not obscene, blasphemous, defamatory, deceitful, fraudulent, illegal or in breach of anyone’s privacy
- Any content submitted does not infringe on any intellectual property rights, trademarks, trade secrets, copyright or privacy rights
- Comments to the site that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted
REGISTRATION & ACCOUNTS
- You may register for a guest account with our website by completing and submitting the guest registration form
- Members are notified of their account login details. If you are having difficulties, email us for assistance
- Upon registering for an account to access our website, you will be provided with a username and password. You must change your password immediately. We do not accept any liability for those who do not change their passwords upon receiving their initial setup
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use or access of your account or disclosure of your passwords
- You must not use any other person’s account to access the website
- You are responsible for any activity on our website arising from any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be liable for any losses arising out of such a failure
DATA PROTECTION & PRIVACY
By choosing to enter your details, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by The Marketing Institute for the following purposes:
- The purposes for which it was provided by you
- Verification purposes and general analysis
- To deliver details – either electronically or by post – about services, events or training being provided or run by The Marketing Institute or any third party that we may select and which we may think would be of interest to you, unless you have otherwise specifically opted not to receive this information.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent allowed by law, The Marketing Institute does not accept any responsibility for any statement on the site. The Marketing Institute will not be liable for any loss caused by or resulted from any action or inaction on your part as a result of the viewing, reading, listening, downloading, copying, forwarding, or reproducing of any of the content.
Where links are provided on the site to other websites, The Marketing Institute bears no responsibility or affiliation with such sites. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents.
Where links are provided to websites which offer any goods and services for sale, any contractual relationship entered into by you will be with that merchant. The Marketing Institute will not be privy to any contract and accepts no responsibility in relation to the goods or services provided, their delivery or non-delivery, their quality or merchantability.
Although The Marketing Institute will do its best to provide access to its website at all times, such access cannot be guaranteed and no responsibility or liability is accepted for any delays, interruptions or breakdowns on the site.
ONLINE SERVICE TERMS
You may not use our content or services for any illegal or unauthorised purpose nor may you, in the use of the service, violate any laws (including but not limited to copyright laws).
RESERVING THE RIGHT
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the website or services, the use of the service, access to the service or any content on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
ACCURACY & TIMELINES
Whilst we do try to maintain the integrity of our site at all times, we are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain historical information. Historical information, is not necessarily current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
TERMS OF SERVICE & COSTS
We reserve the right but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our services to any person, geographic region or County. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any services that we offer. All descriptions of services or service pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any service at any time. Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website.
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel a service purchased by a person, business or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same debit/credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made on our website. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
We may provide you with access to third-party tools or resources. In every case we try to provide you with authentic content from 3rd parties, however we do not have any control nor input to the content of these tools and resources unless specifically stated otherwise.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available via our website may include materials from third-parties. Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK & OTHER SUBMISSIONS TO THE WEBSITE
Whether at our request or not, you send certain specific submissions (for example comments on an article, or a testimonial), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments you submit on our website in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
ERRORS & OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or our services that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
In no case shall The Marketing Institute, it’s affiliates or third parties be responsible for any loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or service) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility.
Any action, proceeding, dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this site or these Terms of service shall be governed by the law of Ireland and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland, and you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of said courts.
CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or our services following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
The Marketing Institute of Ireland is a registered company in Ireland. Limited by Guarantee. Registration number: 19888
If you have any questions about these terms of service, please email us.
Payment for all events organised with The Marketing Institute must be made prior to any event. We cannot reimburse registration fees for any cancellation made within 72 hours of a event (including but not limited to events, training or another of our services) and it is our policy to charge full price for all no-shows.
1. “Personal Membership” of the marketing Institute of Ireland means membership benefits shall apply to that person only, and not to any company or organisation. Personal membership is non-transferrable and non-refundable. To qualify for member benefits, each personal member must meet the MII membership criteria and have paid their annual subscription.
2. The memberships associated with a Corporate Partnership (either full memberships or associate memberships) apply to the company or organisation that have purchased the Corporate Partnership, and are activated upon receipt of payment. Associate members cannot use the designatory letters MMII after their names, or vote at the Marketing Institute AGM. Any Corporate Partners that have Marketing Institute training credit as part of their partnership, must use the training credit within 12 months of activating their partnership, as it cannot be carried forward into the following year.
3. Students that have joined the Marketing Institute of Ireland through the qualified exam route, are eligible to complimentary membership for the 12 months from the date they supply their exam results. In order to qualify for their complimentary membership, students must pass the Marketing Institute of Ireland Case Exam, and their university exams. Please note that since student membership is free of charge, voting rights do not apply.
5. Membership fees are subject to review and change annually; The Marketing Institute of Ireland may decide to increase membership fees at any time. All members will be made aware of such changes prior to their renewal date.
6. By joining members agree to abide by The Marketing Institute of Ireland’s Terms of Service.
This website is owned and operated by The Marketing Institute of Ireland.
We are registered charity in Ireland under registration number 19888, and our registered office is at Marketing House, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.
Our principal place of business is as above. You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +353 1 295 2355