Location: Belfield, Dublin 4 and possibly hybrid
About Us: UCD Foundation engages in communications, events, volunteering and fundraising activities with alumni to support UCD in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
UCD Sutherland School of Law is the leading centre for legal education and research in Ireland, combining engaging undergraduate and graduate level courses, internationally-recognised research, and world-class educational facilities.
An opportunity has arisen within UCD Foundation for an Alumni Relations and Engagement Officer for the period of one year to work with the UCD Sutherland School of Law with a particular focus on engaging UCD BCL, BBL and Graduate Taught and Research Law alumni locally and globally.
The Organisation: UCD Alumni Relations activity is embedded in the knowledge that a UCD degree is a passport for life which creates a lifelong connection between our graduates and the University. As part of the team, your role will be to forge strong, mutually beneficial relationships with alumni and friends of the UCD Sutherland School of Law, with your success being measured through KPIs based on the ongoing enhancement of relationships with alumni, the School and the wider UCD community.
The Role: Your primary objectives will be to develop and coordinate the roll out of an Alumni Engagement Strategy across the School. In doing so, you will create an engaging calendar of events, activities and communications to drive and maintain contact with alumni in consultation with the Marketing and Events Manager within the School and the Alumni Relations Manager within the UCD Foundation.
As part of your role, you will work closely with the UCD Development and Annual Giving teams to identify a pipeline of supporters and donors, alumni who wish to support the University and the School through financial gifts or their time and expertise. In line with the above, you will work with the Data Team to build contactable information for the Sutherland School of Law to encourage lifelong engagement with UCD.
Reporting directly into the Alumni Relations Manager, with a dotted line to the Marketing and Events Manager in the School, you will create and maintain close working relationships with colleagues in the UCD Sutherland School of Law, the College of Social Sciences and Law and across the University, including the Dean and Head of School, Director and relevant School of Law Officers as well as other key internal and external stakeholders, such as UCD Career Development Centre. Normally, you will be based primarily in the Alumni Office, working two days a week within the School. Hybrid options between campus and home are currently in place.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
Development of an Engagement Strategy
- Development and implementation of a multi-channel alumni relations engagement strategy including a comprehensive events calendar, volunteering activities, targeted communications and other marketing activities
- Alumni Engagement, Development and Fundraising support
- Support the promotion of the alumni community and its benefits to current students, staff, academics and other key stakeholders by embedding alumni engagement into School activities
- Work with the Development and Annual Giving teams to create a pipeline of donors to support the School’s fundraising campaigns
- Support strategic development initiatives in the School, in liaison with the Marketing and Events Manager and School Director, contributing to the relevant support team including:
- Coordinate and be the key contact in the development of the UCD and Matheson Leadership Seminar
- Coordinate and lead a working group to support initiatives in driving awareness and engagement around a key alumni appointed to a prestigious, high profile global position in 2021/2022
- Contribute to supporting development of the profile of Law alumni, employability of graduates and widening participation in the legal professions, e.g. the School’s internship, mentoring and P2P initiatives
- Develop, with the Regular Giving team, a warm-up strategy utilising engagement and event activity to develop and drive a fundraising campaign plan to create a pipeline of new donors for the School
- Support the Alumni Relations Manager, UCD Foundation and the Marketing and Events Manager, UCD Sutherland School of Law as required
- Support the Marketing and Events Manager progression of key strategic priorities of the School and reporting of same to the Dean and School Director
- Participate and contribute to the Alumni Engagement Group, a cross University working group whose responsibility it is to drive global alumni engagement
- Participate and contribute to the wider UCD Foundation team and relevant School and College support teams including programming, internships, career development etc.
- To establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, nationally and internationally.
Marketing, Events and Communications Support
- Build a strong alumni communications programme to support the activities of the School, positioning its world class academics, facilities and programmes through targeted communications and marketing campaigns
- Support the Marketing and Events Manager with the development of the School’s digital presence across social media, websites and other platforms as well as leading on content creation on social media
- Build on the current calendar of the School’s events, alumni events and reunions in the Sutherland School of Law, including:
- Support the Marketing and Events Manager and/or lead in the delivery of School led events which engage alumni such as the John M Kelly Memorial Lecture, book launches and industry conferences such as the ‘2022 Public Law Conference’
- Support and/or lead in the delivery of pan-university mass engagement alumni events such as the UCD Festival, Golden and Diamond Jubilee Reunion, UCD Alumni Awards, Women in Leadership and our virtual event series to ensure the School is showcased and alumni engagement is maximized
- Build on the success achieved to date with the Law milestone reunion events and reinstate reunions as part of engagement strategy including a strategy specifically for recent graduates
Alumni Volunteering/Student Recruitment and Employability/Careers
- Develop and manage a volunteer engagement programme for the School, to create volunteer opportunities for alumni both offline and online working with the Alumni Relations Volunteer Manager
- Support the employability of students and alumni from the School by:
- Contributing to the development of the School’s internship programme, in liaison with the School’s Internship Officer, by sourcing internship opportunities for students via alumni
- Showcasing alumni as part of student recruitment nationally and internationally via testimonials and career profiles on the School’s website, prospectii and publications
- Organising career panels for students in conjunction with the Careers team to showcase alumni career pathways, providing motivation and direction for current students
- Supporting the School’s career mentoring programme(s)
- Supporting the Marketing and Events Manager with student recruitment initiatives and positioning of alumni within these campaigns including an alumni presence at UCD Open Day, Postgraduate Open Day, School and College Open Evenings, Graduate Taught Programme events etc.
- Work with the in-house Data team to ensure accurate and complete alumni database records
The suitable candidate will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in events/marketing/PR preferably in Alumni Relations/Fundraising with experience leading on mass communications, social media, content creation
- Significant relationship management experience with stakeholders at various levels
- A high degree of computer literacy and experience of using a CRM database
- Highly developed organisational and multitasking skills, paying great attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record in cross department collaboration
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and KPI’s, feeding into monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Motivated, flexible and ability to use own initiative and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Great interpersonal skills
- A keen interest in the value of education, alumni engagement and students
- A third level qualification in a related area
- A knowledge and interest in the Irish legal system is desirable
What You can Expect from Us
You will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced organisation with an entrepreneurial and inclusive culture where you will be working in a close-knit and collaborative team environment.
This is a new role within the team and offers an opportunity to make the role your own with great development potential.
Additional details/ Application process
This role is a one year contract subject to a six month probationary period and possibility of extension however this is not guaranteed.
Salary scale €36,000 – €45,000 – with potential future opportunities for growth as part of UCD Foundation’s performance development programme.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply with CV and cover letter by emailing email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 13 August 2021.
For further information on the work that we do, please visit:
We are a very well established and successful Irish software company with a global footprint in over 30 countries and very ambitious plans for the growing FinTech/RegTech space. We are seeking an experienced and collaborative Marketing Campaign Manager, who will work as part of our Sales and Marketing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing campaigns, including event management and webinars, social media management, website content management and digital advertising. Campaigns will be implemented across multiple channels, aligned to the marketing and business strategy to enhance our brand, and generate leads. The successful candidate needs to have strong project management abilities, flexibility, and clear communications skills. A strong marketing background is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic individual who is passionate about marketing to drive an innovative approach to marketing within the growing software company and gain new experience. You will have a lot of opportunities for career growth and role progression, which will allow you to stand out as a marketing professional within the exciting area of FinTech. Acting as a leader, you will set up trends within the marketing department and contribute to the overall brand perception of the company.
• Develop, manage, and implement integrated campaigns to drive commercial targets for business units, support engagement with customers and enhance the brand. Reporting on defined metrics and KPIs.
• Work collaboratively with the Product Management team to ensure that the business benefits and areas of differentiation are effectively articulated throughout all marketing collateral and platforms.
• Manage and execute webinars, trade events and other key events.
• Create and deliver newsletters to customers and prospects across business units.
• Create relevant content for various platforms (social media, newsletter, website, ads).
• Work with external agencies and parties to develop and produce online and offline communications collateral.
• Measure, monitor and share relevant performance data with key stakeholders and refine activities using learnings.
• Provide data-driven and best-practice suggestions on optimising campaigns and activities.
• Work within budgetary guidelines and manage marketing spend effectively.
The candidate must be an experienced marketer with a proven record of accomplishment.
• Relevant third-level qualification in Business/ Marketing and 1-3 years experience in a marketing or communications role, preferably within software/financial or relevant B2B industry.
• Exceptional organisational and project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise projects and simultaneous deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to translate technical information in a manner that is understandable to a non-technical audience.
• Track record of managing B2B marketing and/or integrated communications campaigns across multiple channels and geographies. Experience in managing global campaigns is a plus.
• Experience of working with any CRM system, content management systems (CMS) and marketing automation tools (e.g. HubSpot).
• Experience in event management and webinars management.
• Experience in creating content for a website, social media, newsletters, and ads.
• Knowledge of content and digital marketing, SEO and Google ads. Experience in creating and managing advertising campaigns is a plus.
• Experience of working with external advertising and design agencies to develop and produce online and offline communications collateral.
• Background in digital marketing.
• Experience in Account-Based Marketing.
• Experience in managing campaigns in the APAC region.
Competencies, skills, and personal qualities required:
• Excellent understanding of all aspects of marketing.
• Strong commercial and strategic skills.
• Proactive, results-focused, and capable of managing multiple projects and people to consistently deliver to tight deadlines.
• Passionate about driving change and delivering continuous improvement to incorporate best practice from other industries.
• Adept at building relationships and communicating with clarity and conviction.
• Strong attention to detail and a passion for high-quality work.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent project management skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple teams and keep track of timeline and budget.
Pay: Competitive and negotiable based on experience
Location: Dublin, Ireland
How to apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for Marketing Campaign Manager.
Place of Work:
Based in the National Concert Hall (NCH) in Dublin but is expected to attend events, meetings and briefings, as appropriate, wherever there is expected to be an NCH presence.
This exciting post sits within the NCH’s Marketing and Communications Department which brings together communications, marketing, audience development, online/digital, public affairs, information, media and press and publications for all areas of NCH activity.
The overall purpose of the role of Digital Marketing Executive for NCH is to work as part of the team to continue the enhancement of the NCH profile, brand promise and market position as Ireland’s National Cultural Institution for Music, in line with the National Concert Hall Strategy. This includes powerfully communicating the NCH’s objectives, programmes and all related activities to key audiences as well as engaging and involving stakeholders, partners and staff.
The Digital Marketing Executive supports the marketing and digital functions within NCH to contribute to organisational targets and to implement the NCH’s marketing and online activity.
The Digital Marketing Executive works closely with the Marketing Team on all aspects of promoting the NCH brand; NCH’s own-promotion events; providing marketing support to external promoters; and in support of the development and implementation of strategy to significantly increase and maintain the NCH’s profile in Ireland and internationally.
- To support the growth of the NCH brand, and awareness and loyalty online by using digital technologies, online marketing tools and social media
- To update and maintain nch.ie keeping content fresh and relevant with a view to improving SEO, driving traffic to site and improving customer service levels and UX online
- To work closely with the Digital Manager in the management of National Concert Hall social media platforms including content creation, social media advertising and campaign development to increase levels of engagement with NCH audiences and potential attenders.
- Ongoing implementation of NCH’s digital marketing strategy.
- Ongoing development and implementation of NCH’s keyword strategy.
- To work within allocated budgets.
Key Tasks and Role Activities:
- To coordinate and create marketing campaigns, integrated with NCH’s strategic marketing plans, and to co-ordinate NCH e-mail marketing and online advertising schedules in support of NCH own promotions, Learning and Participation, and Fundraising as well as for external promoters
- To proactively develop audience and stakeholder relationships via online platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, thereby enhancing NCH digital engagement
- To liaise with colleagues, promoters, partners, artists and stakeholders on digital and social media content.
- To identify NCH advertising/marketing and audience development opportunities on relevant online news and target interest sites.
- To monitor customer comment online to respond/suggest responses in a timely and appropriate manner, to supervise the NCH digital and online presence, identifying any reputational issues for timely response
- To ensure the accuracy, veracity and timeliness of information published online, including the dissemination of email and digital marketing campaigns
- Maintain legal requirements on accessibility of materials and legality of data captured.
- To measure and interpret results of online marketing campaigns and disseminate to appropriate colleagues
- To develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of HTML, social media platform technologies and digital marketing tools and remain abreast of developments.
- To manage the usage of Google Grant to support the NCH Google Ads campaigns
- To ensure all job activities are carried out in a manner that is professional and reliable and in accordance with the overall policies and strategies of the NCH.
- Maintain knowledge of the Irish music, culture and arts sector to brief colleagues on any changes in arts marketing/communications/digital industry legislation pertinent to this area of the NCH’s activity
- To carry out other duties as requested by the NCH’s Digital Manager
- To maintain the NCH’s high standard of customer care across all areas of organisational activity
- To use IT and digital applications to service the post’s administrative needs
- To work towards the achievement of the NCH’s organisational goals
- As the post-holder may be the first point of contact for many external organisations and individuals, he/she is expected to remain up to date with, and aware of, developments within the NCH and its work.
- As the post requires handling, processing and recording of restricted information, confidentiality is required at all times.
- Demonstrated passion for marketing and online
- Interest in music and the cultural sector
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ambitious, target driven and competent at delivering in a fast-paced environment
- Good working knowledge of HTML, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Adobe Photoshop
- An excellent team player, flexible and adaptable
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing and/or digital
- Good initiative with excellent attention for detail
- Well-developed organisational skills
- A third level qualification relevant to the role
Pay: The NCH Administration Executive PPC salary scale applies (rates effective from 1 October 2020) as follows:
€35,664 – €37,436 – €39,148 – €40,854 – €42,525 – €44,213 – €45,853 – €47,546
Please note that appointment will be made at the first point on this salary scale.
Pension – Membership of Single Public Service Pension Scheme.
The annual leave entitlement is 21 days per annum.
Please apply with CV (no more than 2 pages) accompanied by a one-page cover letter outlining the case for your appointment to Joanne Taaffe, Digital Manager, email@example.com
Closing date for applications Monday 2 August 12 noon.
The National Concert Hall is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community or family status.
We are committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or have any questions regarding building access, please contact us on (01) 417 0077 or email Barry Walsh (Head of Personnel and Operations) firstname.lastname@example.org
MCCP is an award-winning boutique research & strategy agency with a clear purpose – to partner with ambitious clients to create sustainable growth. Over the past 13 years, MCCP has built a market leading reputation for developing game-changing strategy with leading Irish and global brands including Heineken Ireland, Pernod Ricard, Permanent TSB, Bord Bia, Camile Thai, Tourism Ireland, Lidl, TUDublin, Enterprise Ireland, Smurfit Kappa and award-winning work with the Department of Health during the pandemic in 2020.
At MCCP we place a huge emphasis on our core values of pride, rigour, challenge and community. We work as a team, with researcher and strategists working side by side. We have a well-honed process to bring research through to insight and to develop strategy with our clients. We take pride in our work and we aim to bring real rigour to our process so that the outcomes are not just inspiring but based on a core truth that is enduring.
MCCP is an excellent learning environment where people with a growth-oriented mindset thrive.
- In MCCP you will work as part of an experienced team in the end-to-end design and delivery of research that informs strategy development.
- Your primary responsibility will be to lead, project manage consumer and brand strategy projects. There is an expectation that you will be able to use strategic thinking and apply processes to bring clear insights, including qualitative research to inform evidence led strategic recommendations.
- The variety of projects types requires the ability to think critically, assess and adapt to clients’ changing needs and apply fresh thinking to help meet project goals of the clients.
- Working closely with clients you will be required to have excellent relationship management and listening skills to build trusted and long-term partnerships.
- You will be required to have strong project management skills to manage project requirements, timelines, and team roles in the delivery of excellent project deliverables.
- A key part of this role will also be to conduct analysis of clients’ data to understand their current situation and develop hypotheses to test and validate during research.
Technical skills and experience:
- Must have at least 5-7 years’ experience developing strategies based on evidence to include conducting qualitative research and insight development, in a commercial environment with strategic application and experience.
- Have insight development capacity in the area of brands, strategy, comms, consumer
- Have knowledge and expertise in design thinking and creative research techniques to access insight
- Have middle management experience
- Have proven brand strategy development experience including brand positioning, propositions and messaging
- Have strong client and project management experience
- Have very strong qualitative moderation skills in a commercial environment
- Have very strong qualitative analysis and report writing skills
- Be able to interpret quantitative data to create clarity
- Have very strong communication and senior engagement skills
- Have strong strategic relationship building skills
- Be a strategic thinker; have both strong attention to detail but also to see the bigger picture and bring clarity
- Have experience in workshop design and facilitation
- Have experience in defining propositions and brand positioning
- Have experience using strategic frameworks, specifically proposition and brand development frameworks
- Be able to project manage long and short-term projects which include research and strategy phases
- Have experience in proposal and tender writing
- Have very strong presentation, delivery and negotiation skills
- The applicant must be based in Dublin, Ireland
Personality and fit:
- Enjoy working in a small tight knit team
- Enjoy working independently and being self-directed in your work
- Enjoy challenge and critical thinking
- Bring an open-minded growth mindset
- Enjoy being involved in many aspects of working in a boutique leading business including business development, internal content and PR creation and cost management
- Open to representing MCCP at speaking events etc. and creating content for events
- Genuine interest in brands, trends, culture and society with an ability to apply this interest to your work
How to apply: To express interest in the role write to email@example.com ; or phone 01-635-0030
Looking to advertise a job or
Our jobs platform offers targeted access to the Irish marketing community. Your job will be advertised in our weekly newsletter “Marketing Insider” to over 4,000 subscribers, and posted on our Social Media Channels to over 25,000 collective followers!
Job postings cost €75 for MII members and €150 for non-members. Corporate Partners have an allocation of free job postings, depending on their plan.
Post your opening by logging in or creating a free account here.
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for your next move?
We help our members improve their marketing performance, gain a competitive advantage in the profession, and lift their careers to the next level.
Check out our Marketer’s Career Hub, for some career advice on your next move.
Job postings are valid for 30 days.