Looking for your next position?
As the professional body for marketing people in Ireland, we help our members lift their career to the next level. We show our members how they can improve marketing performance, elevate their career prospects, and gain a competitive advantage in the profession.
Here are the latest marketing jobs from our network:
BioAtlantis Ltd. is a biotechnology company that provides solutions to problems caused by stresses in plants, animals and humans. BioAtlantis has become a global innovation leader in the stress management and crop production sector. We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual to drive the company’s marketing and to strengthen revenue and growth. Due to the nature of business it is essential that the candidate has a science background or has strong experience developing a marketing strategy in the agricultural sector. Expertise must span the following areas: Digital/online, Communication/PR, Marketing Research and Strategy.
- Develop and drive company marketing strategies and produce marketing tools.
- Take responsibility for the creation of a market pull for the company’s products among buying decision makers.
- Work with sales managers globally and create targeted marketing material tailored to specific geographical markets.
- Develop and implement an annual Marketing Plan for the company and have responsibility for a prescribed budget for same.
- Manage the company’s website and ensure that it is optimised for sales revenue achievement by means of digital content, mobile optimisation and search engine optimisation.
- Establish relationships with media representatives so as to ensure the company’s brand and products are appropriately represented in all forms of media including television and radio.
Necessary qualifications and requirements
- Experience in leading and executing marketing campaigns and strong project management skills.
- Ability to work with salespeople across multiple geographical markets.
- Experience in working with Graphic Design teams to create new brands and products aimed at specific consumer needs.
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in marketing management of a global company, preferably B2B.
- Demonstrable experience in managing CMS systems, digital comms, social media, digital advertising campaigns and website analytics tools
- Proven experience in establishing relationships with all forms of media and representing companies on those platforms.
- Fluency in a foreign language would be advantageous.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be appropriate to experience and skills.
How to apply
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: University College Dublin
UCD Foundation engages in fundraising and alumni engagement to support University College Dublin in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
To support the work of the UCD Development and Alumni Relations team and to contribute to its ongoing growth and development, UCD Foundation is seeking to recruit an Alumni Relations Manager with a focus on developing and delivering alumni engagement opportunities that are in line with the overall strategy of the Development and Alumni Relations team. This position is an exciting opportunity for resourceful, motivated, creative, ambitious and diligent individual to join a highly successful team.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Alumni Relations Manager will be responsible for devising and implementing core components of UCD’s strategy for fostering excellent alumni relations engagement that will build and strengthen relationships between the University and its community of nearly 300,000 graduates in order to maximise and deepen alumni engagement with the University.
The Alumni Relations Manager will manage a team responsible for digital engagement and alumni engagement with key colleges within UCD, which will include, both virtual and physical engagement events and related communications, involvement in volunteer engagement, and overseeing professional development for alumni. KPI’s will include increasing engagement amongst key audiences; alumni and students across five constituent colleges.
This will involve relationship management and engaging a variety of audiences through collaboration and development of mutually beneficial relationships within and beyond the University. In addition to managing a broad variety of projects and adapting plans to consider the needs and concerns of different audiences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and deliver a strong alumni engagement programme of activity across College of Science, Social Sciences and the Sutherland School of Law. In time this will be expanded to include the College of Arts & Humanities, College of Health & Agricultural Science and College of Engineering and Architecture.
• Develop relevant and tailored marketing and communications strategies to increase alumni engagement
• Deliver an increase in alumni engagement through a programme of events, communications and volunteering.
• Manage a pre-existing programme of mass engagement alumni events.
• Manage a team of direct reports.
• Contribute to, plan and proactively deliver the alumni engagement strategy.
• Manage people, budgets, projects and relationships in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• To liaise with Alumni Relations team members and senior colleagues within the University to ensure that there is effective communication on matters relating to University events and activities.
• To work closely with colleagues in academic departments, University Relations, Careers Advisory Service and UCD Global to develop strategies and implement alumni engagement.
• To work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to develop strong alumni volunteer networks to support student experience, enhance employability of students and alumni, and strengthen the UCD community.
Team Management and Reporting
• Take full line management responsibility of a team of direct reports, (including but not limited to Alumni Relations Officer – College of Social Sciences and Digital Engagement Officer) by allocating tasks, monitoring progress, motivating, and supporting professional development.
• Work closely across the team on various projects, to deliver the programme outlined above.
• Contribute significantly to the strategic direction and growth of the Alumni Relations team.
• To play a significant role, in consultation with the Associate Director, for developing and implementing the University’s Alumni Engagement strategy.
• To help determine the Alumni Relations team’s overall strategic direction and to provide leadership, motivation and support in order to maintain the quality of the team’s output so that the University’s and UCD Foundation’s objectives are achieved.
College Engagement Activity
• Build and develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders across the schools, colleges and units that you will work with to deliver effective engagement strategies.
• Build on the success of the existing alumni and corporate events held at UCD. Collaborate with relevant key stakeholders on delivering exceptional physical and virtual events to a high calibre attendee profile.
• Responsible for developing strategies to grow and engage the alumni audience, identifying ways of connecting with ‘Lost Alumni’.
• Work with the Alumni Engagement Group to build on progress achieved to date.
• Grow milestone reunions across the colleges and schools.
• Manage the Golden and Diamond celebrations with the support of the team.
• Conduct yearly surveys with alumni to increase alumni engagement and use these findings to develop relevant alumni engagement strategies.
• Collaborate with colleagues within the team and from UCD Careers on Career Development and Career Mentoring programmes, supporting the colleges in the delivery, logistics and communications.
• Oversee extensive event management plans for the Schools and Colleges under your remit.
• Work with the Associate Director and other colleagues on identifying key alumni for the UCD Alumni Awards nominations process, preparing reports and documentation.
• Manage Colleges and Schools involvement and participation in the UCD Festival with engaging and interactive events and activities which showcase the research, academics and alumni of the University.
Marketing and Communications (online and offline)
• Responsible for the development of Alumni Relations marketing and communications including branding, tone of voice, brand guidelines etc.,
• Oversee the digital engagement of alumni relations online engagement to be implemented by the Digital Engagement officer for Pan University projects such as, Women in Leadership, the UCD Festival, UCD Alumni Awards, UCD President’s highlights video.
• Empower the Digital Officer to implement new ideas and to educate the Alumni Relations and Regular Giving Teams on social media.
• Collaborate with the Regular Giving team and Development colleagues to ensure we are leveraging alumni engagement to devise, implement and drive fundraising to create a pipeline of new donors.
• Driving support from alumni, most especially in the area of class gifts at milestone reunions.
Finance & Suppliers
• Responsible for all relevant budgets and reporting including cost management and monitoring return on investment targets, planning and management of design agencies and event budgets.
• Manage service providers, ensuring that third parties are cost-effective, and budget is always used effectively, with maximum impact.
Data & GDPR
• Work closely with the Information Services team to develop plans to ensure the team gathers accurate and complete alumni details; including biographical and career information of alumni etc.
• Proactively monitor the external alumni relations environment to seek out, develop and successfully implement innovative ideas that contribute to the achievement of the Development and Alumni Relations strategy.
Suitable candidates will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
• Five years relevant experience working as a manager in alumni relations, marketing, communications, event management, stakeholder engagement or fundraising with a track record of achieving results.
• Proven track record of managing a team to deliver key performance targets on time within budget.
• Experience and understanding of Alumni Relations.
• Supervisory problem solving. Co-ordinate, analyse, critically access and evaluate information to reach a decision.
• Track, analyse and report on the performance of alumni engagement and communications campaigns.
• Motivated, flexible, agile, adaptable and adept in using initiative in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work with others and creatively engage with colleagues and volunteers.
• Experienced in delivering online engagement strategies.
• Highly developed organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills and prioritisation to meet deadlines.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, paying great attention to detail.
• Should be familiar with and understand risks of contracts and SLA agreements.
• Extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar database.
• A degree in a relevant discipline.
What You can Expect from Us
You will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced organisation with an entrepreneurial and inclusive culture where you will be working in a close-knit and collaborative team environment. UCD Foundation has a structured formal and informal training programme that all staff may avail of. This is a new role and offers an opportunity to make the role your own with great potential for development.
Additional details/ Application process
This position is for a 1-year period with the possibility of renewal. An attractive remuneration and benefits package are available for this post. Interested applicants should apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 19 June 2020. Informal enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be required to prepare and deliver a presentation as part of the interview process.
Further information on the work we do can be found on the following websites: www.ucd.ie/alumni www.ucdfoundation.ie
Note: This Job Description may be subject to change to reflect the evolving requirements of the UCD Development and Alumni Relations Office.
Location: University College Dublin
UCD Foundation engages in communications, events, volunteering and fundraising activities with alumni to support UCD in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
An opportunity has arisen within UCD Foundation for an Alumni Relations and Fundraising Officer for the period of ten months to cover maternity leave, for the College of Social Sciences with a particular focus on engaging Social Sciences alumni globally.
The College of Social Sciences is the leading centre for education and research in the social sciences and related disciplines in Ireland. There are ten Schools in the College which include Archaeology, Economics, Education, Geography, Information and Communication Studies, Philosophy, Politics and International Relations, Psychology, Social Policy, Social Work and Social Justice, and Sociology. Graduates from the College are a diverse community of more than 8, 500 innovative, influential professionals who shape and change the world for the better.
To forge strong mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, donors and friends from Social Sciences, with success measured through attainment of KPI’s demonstrating improved engagement (data, fundraising, volunteering, communications, attendance at virtual and physical events) of relationships with key stakeholders for the College and Schools.
The relationship with our alumni starts with our students the day they enter UCD, you will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive global alumni engagement strategy aimed at the full life cycle of our alumni aligned with the student experience and career development objectives of the College and the wider University.
In line with the above, you will work closely with the Data Team to build contactable information of alumni and to proactively build relationships with a strong network of alumni who will re-engage with the College by attending events, volunteering their time, giving philanthropically and engaging with online and offline communications. You will also grow the Regular Giving fundraising programme by identifying and cultivating highly engaged alumni to create a sustainable pipeline of donors.
Reporting directly into the Associate Director of Alumni Relations you will create and maintain close working relationships with colleagues in the College of Social Sciences. This will include the College Principal, Heads of School, and Marketing Manager, support staff and other key internal UCD stakeholders, such as UCD Career Development Centre.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
– Implementation of Alumni Engagement Strategy
– Implement a multi-channel alumni relations engagement strategy including a comprehensive events calendar, volunteering activities and targeted communications.
– Participate and contribute to the Alumni Engagement Group, a pan University working group, responsible for driving global alumni engagement.
– To establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, nationally and internationally.
– To build on key relationships within the College, Schools, and broader University.
– To promote the alumni community to current students, staff and other key stakeholders
– Manage and build on the existing volunteer engagement programme for the College in key regions. Create online and offline opportunities for volunteering through careers-based volunteering roles such as mentorships and internships, and other volunteering opportunities.
– Support the employability of students and alumni from the College of Social Sciences:
– Gather and communicate testimonials to showcase career opportunities
– Organise career panels for students
– Support the career mentoring programme
– Help to source internship opportunities for students via alumni
Events and Communications Management
– Supporting College specific events (physical and virtual) and pan-University events, to ensure the College of Social Sciences is showcased and alumni engagement is maximised. Events include: the UCD Festival; the UCD Alumni Awards; International Women’s Day; Women In Leadership Conference; UCD Alumni Book Club; the UCD: In Conversation series and UCD – Employability series.
– Support School specific alumni engagement events with a particular focus on developing a reunion plan for the Schools within the College of Social Sciences.
– Coordination of all alumni tailored communications and where relevant coordinate with colleagues across the University through the UCD Alumni Engagement Group. Build on existing comms plan and innovate to find new ways to connect with alumni.
– Collaborate on the delivery of global alumni engagement through a variety of engagement tools with support from the Global Alumni Relations Coordinator and the Alumni Network online platform.
– Work with the in-house data team to ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; gather accurate and complete alumni details; capture quality contact data, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
– Leverage the increased alumni engagement from your activity in order to devise, implement and drive fundraising at a Regular Giving and mid-level to create a pipeline of new donors for the College of Social Sciences, with the support of the Regular Giving Team.
– Collaborate closely with Development Colleagues to create a pipeline of new donors for the College of Social Sciences.
The suitable candidate will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
– A minimum of three years’ experience in event management, direct marketing and mass communications, preferably in Alumni Relations/Fundraising.
– Significant relationship management experience with stakeholders at various levels.
– A high degree of computer literacy and experience of using a CRM database.
– Highly developed organisational and multi-tasking skills, paying attention to detail.
– Understanding of online engagement strategies.
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
– A proven track record in cross department collaboration.
– Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and KPI’s, feeding into monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
– Motivated, flexible and ability to use initiative and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
– Exceptional interpersonal skills.
– A third level qualification in a related area.
What You Can Expect from Us
– You will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced organisation with an entrepreneurial and inclusive culture where you will work within a tight and collaborative team. UCD Foundation has a structured formal and informal training programme that all staff may avail of.
You will receive formal/informal training in the following:
-Alumni Relations Best Practice
-Comprehensive handover from the Alumni Relations Officer before maternity leave begins
How to apply:
This position is for a ten month maternity leave contract, interested applicants should apply with CV and cover letter by emailing email@example.com before Wednesday 17 June 2020.
For further information on the work we do, please visit:
Looking to post a job opening?
As the voice of the marketing profession in Ireland, we offer targeted access to marketing professionals and advertising your marketing position on our jobs section ensures you are exposed to the community of senior marketers in Ireland.
This job posting entitles you to free inclusion in our weekly newsletter “Marketing Insider” to over 4,000 members and opt-in subscribers! Job postings are valid for 30 days.
The cost for posting a job opening is €75 for MII members and €150 for non members. If your organisation has a Corporate Partnership with us, you have an allocation of free job postings depending on your plan size.
Post your job opening by logging in or creating a free account here.
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.