Career Advice for MII Members
The MII have been listening to what members are looking for in terms of content at the moment. One of the key themes that was emerging was on career advice.
So we have partnered up with Rory Brennan of Marketing Career Recruitment, who will be on hand to provide advice on anything career-related to all the members of the Marketing Institute.
Job Title: Marketing & Experiential Executive
Reporting to: CMO
Location: Full Time/Hybrid/Dublin
Salary: from €33,000 to €38,000 depending on experience
Driven by performance and energised by ambition, MII is a renowned institution that has played a significant role in shaping the marketing landscape in Ireland. With a strong focus on professional development, inspiring events and knowledge sharing, the institute has created a vibrant community of marketing professionals who are equipped with the latest industry insights and best practices.
Through keynote events and educational programs (from short courses to Masters degrees) MII empowers marketers to make insightful and incisive decisions to stay ahead of the curve and adapt to the ever-evolving marketing landscape. Our events aim to spark new ideas, create impactful conversations, and foster collaboration and networking opportunities. We enable marketers to connect with peers, industry leaders and experts. As a result, Marketing Institute Ireland has become a trusted resource for marketers seeking to enhance their skills, expand their networks, and excel in their careers.
MII offers an attractive array of benefits as an employer.
Professional Development: – we place strong emphasis on professional continuous learning and development. Our employees have access to a wealth of industry resources and networks.
Networking opportunities – we are renowned for bringing together marketing professionals from various industries, creating an extensive network of like-minded individuals. Working at MII opens doors to build connections with peers, industry leaders, and potential clients.
Industry Insights: MII provides its employees with valuable industry insights, research, and marketing intelligence. This includes access to reports, studies, and whitepapers that can help marketers stay informed about the latest trends, consumer behaviour patterns, and developments in the marketing landscape.
Thought Leadership: MII encourages thought leadership and actively promotes the sharing of expertise within the marketing community. Working at MII offers individuals opportunities to contribute to marketing publications, speak at industry events, and participate in panel discussions.
Work life balance: MII recognizes the importance of work-life balance and offers flexible working conditions with a hybrid Working Model acknowledging the changing needs and preferences of its employees. This means that individuals have the option to work both remotely and, in the office, offering flexibility that promotes work-life integration.
Progressive Annual Leave: MII understands the significance of taking time off and recharging. In addition to standard annual leave, MII offers progressive annual leave policies that reward long-term commitment and performance. This means that employees earn additional holidays days based on their tenure.
Engagement: MII actively strives to engage our team with a number of team-building and social activities.
Reporting to the CMO, The Marketing & Experiential Executive is responsible for researching, planning, and delivering key events for members throughout the year. Key to the role is the requirement to work with the Marketing team to develop and deliver relevant, value adding and cost-effective events and activities. The Executive will promote and organise all key events ensuring meticulous planning and execution and maintain excellent internal and external relationships.
Event Planning and Execution
- Delivers the events calendar including 7 x Breakfast Events, 1 x Sponsorship Conference, 1 Digital Marketing Conference & 1 All Ireland Marketing Awards in partnership with our selected events partner.
- Research industry trends to identify relevant topics and speakers for events.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to maximise the value of their participation.
- Works with the CMO to create engaging event programs that align with the needs of marketing professionals and increase member involvement and engagement.
- Proactively supports the CMO to identify requirements and opportunities for external brand experiences.
- Plans and execute events including scheduling, budgeting, and logistical coordination.
- Sources and manages event vendors, suppliers, and venues.
- Coordinates with speakers, presenters, and sponsors to ensure smooth event delivery.
- Puts in place and manages a framework of events suppliers, working with colleagues as appropriate.
- Builds strong relationships with members, understanding their goals, challenges, and expectations.
- Build relationships with industry experts, speakers, sponsors, and partners to create and optimise experiential opportunities.
- Works seamlessly with internal colleagues and external agencies where appropriate to deliver the events programme.
- Fosters long-term relationships to ensure continued support and participation.
Budgeting, Finance & Administration
- Together with the CMO set SLAs, KPIs and metrics for external events and works with the wider business to ensure agreed measures are tracked, evaluated, and acted on.
- Manages a central comprehensive, cost effective, creative rolling programme of external events.
- Supports the CEO & CMO as required with reporting on external events budget and activity.
- Manages the delivery of all external events to meet cost effectives, quality, time and financial targets.
- Monitors event expenses, cash flows, and revenue generation.
- Negotiates contracts, sponsorships, and partnerships to optimize event budget.
- Supports the CEO’s calendar by organising and scheduling appointments, meetings, and events.
- Assists the CMO with all event administration including budget reconciliation.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to schedule and confirm appointments.
Event Promotion and Marketing
- Develops marketing strategies to effectively promote events to the target audience.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to create compelling promotion and marketing of event content and materials.
- Utilises various marketing channels to increase event attendance and reach.
- Develops and executes effective communication plans to keep members informed about relevant updates, events, and opportunities.
- Promotes the value and benefits of membership through various channels, including newsletters, social media, and targeted campaigns.
- Conducts regular outreach and communication with members to understand their needs, address their concerns, and provide relevant information.
Teamwork & Communication
- Develops positive and constructive relationships with MII team.
- Interacts with external parties in a positive and professional way.
- Regularly contributes ideas, thoughts and information to manager, peers, and own team.
- Changes communication styles to suit the audience.
- Is seen as a team player.
- Encourages others to provide feedback on own performance.
- Seeks to understand other perspectives on own performance.
- Takes actions in response to feedback from others.
Policy and Procedure
- Adheres to all MII company policies including, but not limited to the handbook, company policies and business rules.
- Takes reasonable care for their own health and safety and for the health and safety of everyone else who may be affected by their conduct (including fellow colleagues, guests and).
- Co-operates with management to comply with any requirement imposed by the OH&S legislation.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A Marketing Qualification
- Experience of planning and executing external events
- Understanding of events for offline and digital channels
- Knowledge of current best practice in marketing
- Experience of internal stakeholder engagement
- Experience of managing relationships with external agencies and suppliers
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team
- Fulfil the role of “Brand Guardian” for the MII brand
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a project environment
- Collaborative working style
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to negotiate the best possible deal
- Ability to work with databases and use CRM
To apply, email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking to advertise a job or
Our jobs platform offers targeted access to the Irish marketing community. Your job will be advertised in our weekly newsletter “Marketing Insider” to over 10,000 subscribers, and posted on our Social Media Channels to over 25,000 collective followers!
Job postings cost €75 for MII members and €150 for non-members. Corporate Partners have an allocation of free job postings, depending on their plan.
Post your opening by logging in or creating a free account here.
Any questions? Contact email@example.com.
Looking for your next move?
We help our members improve their marketing performance, gain a competitive advantage in the profession, and lift their careers to the next level.
Check out our Marketer’s Career Hub, for some career advice on your next move.
Job postings are valid for 30 days.