Ready to make more informed business decisions? This course offers a user-friendly introduction to essential financial concepts that you will encounter in everyday business scenarios. By exploring real-world case studies, you will gain the confidence to understand and interpret financial information. This is not just about crunching numbers! We will guide you through accounting basics tailored for non-accountants, sparking lively discussions and analytical exercises. With hands-on experience using tools like Microsoft Excel, you will soon be creating financial reports such as cashflow projections and project budgets with ease. Whether you are looking to collaborate better with your team or enhance your professional profile, this course will empower you with practical financial insights for your career journey.
What will you learn?
Dive into the world of financial insights tailored for business decision-making. This course will hone your ability to decode, interpret, and act upon financial information, making you an indispensable asset in management and marketing teams. Through real-world scenarios and hands-on exercises, you will elevate your financial knowledge, ready to make a significant impact in the business realm.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Critically Evaluate Financial Data: Understand and assess the financial information presented by both financial and managerial functions within organisations.
- Provide Informed Recommendations: Offer valuable insights and advice to management and marketing leaders based on in-depth analysis of accounting data.
- Assess Marketing Investments: Understand and compare various financial sources and evaluate investment avenues for marketing programme initiatives.
- Master Budgeting & Pricing: Create budget templates and make informed pricing decisions suitable for businesses of varying scales.
- Collaborate Effectively: Function seamlessly within teams, driving decisions anchored on comprehensive financial analysis.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for early-career marketers and non-marketers.
- A minimum 2.2 Honours level degree in any non-business discipline.
- Three years’ work experience in any marketing or management role.