Defining and planning the development actions that could accelerate development towards a new role.
Identify the key experiences that will help the future move.
The 70:20:10 model will underpin development action plans
This model identifies six key sources of growth
- A more challenging job.
- A development task while in current job.
- Role models, coaches, mentors.
- Courses and readings.
- Personal learning.
What have your own experiences been?
These six fall into three categories:
- 70: Learning from experiences (projects, assignments, development moves etc.).
- 20: Learning from others (feedback, coaching, mentors, and role models).
- 10: Learning from instruction (formal courses, reading etc.).